Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > General Health
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Fri, Jul-08-16, 18:20

Plan: vLC/GF,CF,SF
Stats: 197/136/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 130%

My vLCHF diet is what eliminated my yo-yoing after 35 yrs on low cal, low fat, fruity, grainy diets.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Jul-09-16, 02:40

Plan: LerC, TRE, IF
Stats: 150/120/120 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Their calculation puts my BMI at 21.8, which is the same value as on my fasting forum, which also uses gender and age. I told them my age and gender, but said that I had not dieted - thus avoiding the lecture! Heaven knows what they would have said about daily 22:2.

As for percentile it is just a comparative, it tells me nothing about how healthy I am at my current weight.
  #18   ^
Old Sat, Jul-09-16, 03:29

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Jean, many, many thanks for posting another calculator!! Primarily because it is the doctor with the fun website with the moose. I've seen his page before and liked his humorous style but it became lost in the weeds of my bookmarks. I will bookmark this multiple places and go back later to check out his other pages. And you are a superstar, when I grow-up (or grow down as is needed now) I want to be like Jean.

I listened to Dr Ted Naiman on Hyperinsulinemia on DietDoctor yesterday and he determines health by three numbers...the most important with the most correlation over the years and many studies, is also the cheapest and easiest. Keep your waist at or below 50% of height. http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=442331
Second was the Trig/HDL ratio and third was a fasting insulin number, below 5, around 2-3 (which is very low and other doctors have said varies too much).
Thanks for adding your comments...we all know we are healthier than the "average" Bear
  #19   ^
Old Sat, Jul-09-16, 03:53

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
Jean, many, many thanks for posting another calculator!! Primarily because it is the doctor with the fun website with the moose. I've seen his page before and liked his humorous style but it became lost in the weeds of my bookmarks. I will bookmark this multiple places and go back later to check out his other pages. And you are a superstar, when I grow-up (or grow down as is needed now) I want to be like Jean.

I listened to Dr Ted Naiman on Hyperinsulinemia on DietDoctor yesterday and he determines health by three numbers...the most important with the most correlation over the years and many studies, is also the cheapest and easiest. Keep your waist at or below 50% of height. http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=442331
Second was the Trig/HDL ratio and third was a fasting insulin number, below 5, around 2-3 (which is very low and other doctors have said varies too much).
Thanks for adding your comments...we all know we are healthier than the "average" Bear

Janet,

So we have a mutual admiration society. Of course I try not to allow my numerous flaws to appear on this site. I like Hall's site with the moose too. These "obesity" sites are all usually so serious. It's nice to have a site that doesn't make you feel as if the sky is falling with every pound you might gain. While the topic is serious it really helps no to take ourselves and our concerns quite so seriously all the time.

Jean
  #20   ^
Old Sat, Jul-09-16, 04:53

Plan: Atkins/eating to my meter
Stats: 170/132/125 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 84%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100

I hadn't seen that advice before, thanks for the info!

(Stupid rectangle genes.)
  #21   ^
Old Sat, Jul-09-16, 07:05

Plan: low carb
Stats: 171/125/145 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 177%

Jean and Janet,
I love the moose page, too. If you scroll down it, it has an "ideal weight calculator." It tells you what other people of your age/gender/weight say is their ideal weight.
spoiler: men perceive their ideal bmi as heavier than women do. As women's actual weights decrease, so does ideal bodyweight, until a fairly low number.
While it has nothing to do with health, it is interesting to see what society values.....