Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Emotional Issues & Body Image
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Nov-12-04, 08:22

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 182/168/140 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 33%
Default "He said she had a fat" ...err...

The size of my posterior has always been an issue for me. That's thanks in part to the Gene Fairy being over generous in that general area. I am curvy, and over average height (5'6"). So the fact that I have to work to keep it from getting out of hand has always been something I've been VERY up front with everyone about.

I spent a year waiting for my boyfriend to come back from Iraq. Hoping everyday that he'd come home safe. i.e. sans bullet holes in vital organs. Well he did come home in late April 2004. At which time he started sleeping with his childhood friend's wife.

Prior to his return, I had made it extremely clear to him that I was working very hard to be sure that I was sex on legs for him. I mean.. what guy wouldn't want to come home to a beautiful sexy woman as opposed to a large walking rear end! Prior to his return I had managed to work myself down to about 165 pounds and was really looking forward to our vacation to Myrtle Beach at the end of May. (I didn't know that the affair was going on at this point -- even while we were on vacation).

So he knew that I had bum issues. That I was working hard to look good -- for him (wrong reason I know).

Fast forward to the end of June. I find out about the affair with the help of the husband of other person involved in it (jerk's childhood friend). We start talking about everything. And since then have become the best of friends.

One day, the husband went out to meet the evil wench for dinner with her friends. The wife gets up to go to the bathroom and the husband looks at the friends and says, "wow that girl at the table behind us looks just like Heather". Apparently the friend's reaction was, "wow. I didn't think she was that attractive. The Jerk said she had a really fat ass."

So why does this matter? I guess it doesn't in a lot of ways. Obviously I don't really care what he says about me since he's a lying, cheating, home wrecking sack of crap. But the fat girl inside of me. The one that has spent YEARS trying not to be the lonely kid on the playground everyone else used to point and laugh at, has heard what's been said about me. And it hurts.

In a lot of ways, I think my decision to start a LC WOE has to do with the desire to never be the person someone can say that about again. I know it's going to take some time, but I'll get there.
Sponsored Links