Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Apr-09-03, 13:28

Plan: PP/ Atkins
Stats: 333/270/230
BF:?
Progress: 61%
Lightbulb Where to get Splenda Tablets!

after doing a search for "Australian foods" this is my original email to about a dozen Australian companies:

I am looking for the no-carbohydrate sweetener Sucralose (Splenda brand name in the US) in TABLET and LIQUID form NOT the GRANULATED form. We can get granulated all day long but it has carbs in it because it's mainly filler instead of pure Sucralose. Can you get ahold of this? There is a VERY great demand for this in the USA Low-Carb community.

Thanks! Pete
==============================================
My first vendor hit:

We can source splenda tablets and have added this product for you – just enter ‘splenda’ or ‘sucralose’ into the search box at www.Australian-Food.com. Liquid form is only available in full strength commercial quantities in Australia – if you are interested in this try contacting Johnson & Johnson in the US directly. I am told that a retail product is available in Brazil, we cannot source it for you here unfortunately.

Regards, Daniel de Zwaan www.Australian-Food.com

I bought mine from these guys since they were the first responce I got. I got 1000 tablets + 10 day air shipping for $40.59 in US$ (AUD$73.80 in Australian $) That's $6.25 for 200 tablets X 5 = $31.25US + $9.35US (AUD$17.00) for fastest 10 day air shipping.
My second vendor hit:

Click the following link and scroll down until you see it in the S's:
http://www.downunderstuff.com/shopp...=39&cat=Grocery If this doesn't work click here: www.downunderstuff.com click SHOP click GROCERIES and scroll down to the S's.

Regards, Downunder Stuff

He only had two boxes to put up at the time
My third vendor hit: (this is by far the best deal yet)

Hi Pete

I’m sorry we missed out on your order. Hopefully next time!
As per your suggestion I have now permanently listed Splenda tablets on to our website as both a single product and as a
pack of five boxes. I’ve done up the following ad, which I hope is suitable for you to cut and paste for your forums:

Great News

Splenda tablets are now available at www.greataussiefood.com
To find Splenda on our site simply type Splenda into our search facility on the home page. Alternatively they are located in the pantry section of our website.

Buy 200 tablets for AUD$8.95 **USD$5.39 ** plus postage

Or buy in bulk and save.

Buy 5 packets, that’s 1000 tablets for only AUD$38.95 **USD$23.46** plus postage.

For super fast delivery why not try our airmail service. Just AUD$14.00 **USD$8.43** for 1000 tablets for delivery in 3-10 days directly from Australia to your door.

USD prices subject to exchange rates variations. All charges are made in Australian dollars.

Thank you for your interest in Great Aussie Food and for your offer to post our ad on to your forums.

Kind Regards, Deborah Birchall, Great Aussie Food

Last edited by repete : Wed, Apr-09-03 at 13:34.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Nov-09-03, 11:44

Plan: Atkins (calories count)
Stats: 204/148/150 Female 68.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 104%

Hi, thanks for posting this information. I have been searching for a place to buy these and it has been here all along! Just wanted to let everyone know that the second company, Down Under Stuff, currently has the best deals on Splenda tablets. Their shipping is a little higher, but bottom line is better. They also have 300 tab packs, not just 200.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Nov-09-03, 13:47
ArtificiallyFlavored

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/252/200 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 13%

How do you Use the tablets???
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Nov-09-03, 15:37

Plan: Atkins (calories count)
Stats: 204/148/150 Female 68.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 104%

I would crush them into powder or melt them in liquid. They do not have the filler like granular Splenda, so they are a little harder to work with, but worth the effort to have a "zero" carb sweetener!
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Nov-21-03, 12:58

Stats: 190/161/140 Female 178cm
BF:
Progress: 58%

These tablets are great. It's the one advantage of low-carbing in the U.K.! I always dissolve them in a bit of liquid (a teaspoon or so works for at least ten tablets), and I figure that for every 20 I use, I add one carb to whatever I'm baking. For those of you who want to try ordering them from the U.K., they are available at the following site:

http://www.britsuperstore.com/acatalog/Splenda.html

They charge £4.85 per 300-tablet dispenser (est. $7.86), and they ship to the U.S. and Canada at quite reasonable rates.

I'm sure there are other online retailers here (try google.co.uk) that ship to the U.S. - maybe some even have cheaper prices (this is about a pound more than we pay in supermarkets here).

Hope this helps...
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Nov-21-03, 13:41
Forum Moderator

Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
and I figure that for every 20 I use, I add one carb to whatever I'm baking.

That's not far off. It's actually 1.5 for 20 tabs.

Each tablet has 0.075 carbs - as you say, negligible. For 48 tabs (equivalent to 1 cup sugar), you need to count 3.6 carbs, as opposed to 24 for granular or packet Splenda.

Cheers.

Rosebud
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Dec-03-03, 03:09
Hail to the King

Stats: 394/219/200 Male 5' 11''
BF:Big Time
Progress: 90%

I wonder if and when the tablets will be available in the US.