Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Aug-30-05, 22:19

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 130/125/110 Female 5'1 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default Fat Fast Questions from a Newbie

Atkins has worked for me in the past- last summer I was at my goal weight but I've gained about 10-15 pounds since then. I began the fat fast yesturday but now I'm worried that I am not doing it right can any one help?

Here are my questions:
1. Can you have diet pop while on the fast? I ask because I'm hooked on diet coke and have been drinking it while fasting, is that bad?

2. Is it KEY to stick to the 1,000 calorie limit?

3. Might be a silly question but do sugar free gums or mints have an effect on my fat fast results?

Thanks cari
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Aug-31-05, 07:42

Plan: Atkins/and calorie count
Stats: 188/178/124 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 16%

I don't know that there is a right or wrong - IF something works for you.
Personally - I followed it to the letter. No soda, gum, mints and counted calories.
I think if you are in a hurry - follow it to the letter, if not - and it ain't broke - don't fix it.
Best of luck!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Sep-01-05, 08:33
Registered Member

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 120/113/110 Female 5'2''
BF:23%/22.5%/18
Progress: 70%
Default Fat FAst

I am on my 3rd day of FF. I have not weighted myself yet, gonna do it tomorrow. I did it a couple of times last year and worked awesome for me, the only way to reach my goal. I think it would be better not to drink sodas, however I drink coffee and at least last year, did not affect my weight loss while fatfasting.

Do not have gum!, it has a about 5 calories and it does have carbs!, in my case I prefer to use my carbs for splenda or equal. It is only 5 days and really, it is worth it!!

I do not keep under 1000 calories sharp, normally I reach 1020/1030, but I did not affect my weight loss. However, it is important to follow the ratios. Do not go down the 75% fat (the more the better) and stick with less than 20 g carbs a day.

How is your ff going? Gonna post about my results tomorrow when I jump into the scale!!

Saluditos

Agua
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Sep-01-05, 18:16

BF:
Progress:
Default Any FF ideas to mix it up?

Today is day 4, I don't think I've lost anything substantial but on the other hand today is the first day I've been strict. I've stop drinking diet soda ( which is killing me ) and I've laid off the sugar free gum......But how do I know whether or not I'm going below the 75% fat ratio? I've been sticking to cream cheese and nuts. Have any suggestions to mix it up?

Thanks
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Sep-02-05, 07:15
Registered Member

Wink

Hi Cari,

My 4th day, and so far so good, gonna jump into the scale tomorrow though. To make sure your ratios, go to www.fitday.com You post your food and they indicate you how is the percentage of fat, carbs and protein. Do you see that you have lost weight? I took my measures and my waist is shrinking, that is what I love from Atkins, the pounds in your waist melt so fast!!

Please let me know how it is going.

Saluditos

Agua
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Sep-02-05, 15:45

BF:
Progress:

I see a little difference I guess but I think I have to be more strict. But my schedule makes it really hard and the food selections make it difficult to stay on it. How long do you normally stay on the FF? I think I'll see results once I learn how to do it right.
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Sep-04-05, 15:42
Registered Member

How your FF going? Mine was okay but I have to stop for a while because I am training a lot at the gym and running 5 k three times a week. I increased my protein but basically I am following low carb low calorie.

Gonna restart the FF after three weeks, but hopefully gonna shed some pounds (at least the two more left) training as much as I am training right now