Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Apr-16-03, 17:02

Plan: possibly CKD
Stats: 172/169/155
BF:35%/27%/25%
Progress: 18%
Question Newbie with some questions

First off, sorry, I haven't been able to get my hands on any CKD books. And all info. I've found on CKD has been on the internet.
But I'm trying to determine if CKD is something for me.
A little history: I started BFL a couple of years ago and went from 35% to 27% over several months. I've been slowly moving on down to 22% (my lowest), but it's been anywhere from 22% to 25% for the past several months.
I love lifting weights and my strength has improved drastically! (and continues to increase) Unfortunately my waistline is not decreasing.
So here I am, contemplating CKD, but I'm a little confused on a couple of things.
I've read instances where people mention doing a "cycle" for 6 weeks here... or 8 weeks there. That part makes sense, but what are they doing when they're not doing CKD?
Could I do CKD for 8 weeks and then revert back to a 40/40/20 ratio for a few months?

Also, as far as starting, would I just start low-carbing on Sunday if my carb up day is going to be on Saturdays?

Any help or feedback would be greatly appreciated! Oh... by the way - I'm 37, 5'10" and weigh about 169. (To be honest I avoid the scale if at all possible! - I like my measuring tape much better)

...babz
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Apr-17-03, 13:30

Plan: ckd
Stats: 215/190/180
BF:
Progress: 71%

Yeah, it seems to me that jumping straight into low/no-carb is probably the only way to do it. I've never heard of people tapering off carbs or anything like that. Although I have heard of people tapering back onto carbs AFTER ckd.

I don't know what people do when they don't do CKD. I used to try to eat sensibly, but never really counted calories (and look where that got me! haha).... I think once I'm done with CKD I'll do some reading on balanced diets and see what's out there. For a baseline I might start with 40/30/30 (p/c/f) and see how that works out.

It sounds like you've made some great progress already... 37% to 22% is pretty dramatic. Congratulations and good luck.