Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Main dishes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jan-14-13, 09:47

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 251.9/179.8/160 Female 5'6 inches
BF:43%/40%/31%/28.8%
Progress: 78%
Default Broccoli Chicken Alfredo with Crisps!

There are many similar recipes out there i'm sure but this is my version(seems long but i'm just long winded and very detailed):

Broccoli Chicken Alfredo:
4 diced chicken breasts 0nc
2 cups broccoli florets (crowns) 8nc
1/2 cup Bertolli Garlic Alfredo Sauce 4nc
4 tbsp parmesan cheese >1nc (my jar actually says 0 but most say about .20 so i'll say 1nc)
1 tsp minced garlic 1nc
2 tbsp cream cheese >2nc
3 tbsp butter 0nc
Salt Pepper to taste
1/4 cup water

(optional!) Parmesan cheese Crisps:
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese >1nc
1/2 tsp garlic powder >1nc
pinch of basil 0nc

Makes 2 (pretty large) servings Total: >8nc/serving WITHOUT crisps (i would journal it at 8nc even though it's slightly under) 9nc/serving WITH crisps (technically less but i would put 10nc in my book cause i end up eating all the crisps lol).

Mind you again these are pretty generous servings, for those of you with lesser appetites it might be 3 or even 4 meals. I however don't usually eat maybe 2-3 carbs for breakfast and maybe 2-3 carbs over snacks, then dinner, so i get most my carbs in the big meal i cook. (don't wanna be in the kitchen ALL day lol)

Broccoli Chicken Alfredo
Directions: Put frozen broccoli crowns in microwave safe dish with 1tbsp butter, microwave until soft with a lid laid over the top but not "closed" to keep moisture in (no water needed). (my microwave takes about 6 minutes tossing the broccoli around at about the halfway point.) if not using frozen cook until desired tenderness, drain. Over Med high heat melt remainder of butter in pan, add garlic (you can use powder if so add it later), salt/pepper to taste, cook chicken until pieces are turning light brown (if you used garlic powder add it now). Add 1/2 the water and cream cheese (i freeze some of my cream cheese when you thaw it it "crumbles" and is easier to cook with, if you don't do that just kinda drop pieces of it all around) cover it with a lid and lower temp to med and let the cream cheese soften until you can mix it around, remove lid when the water/cream cheese "sauce" starts thicken/cook down where the most of it is sticking to the chicken peices, turn heat back to med high add 2 of the tbsps of parmesan cheese sprickle over chicken and keep it stiring till that browns and sticks to chicken. Remove chicken from pan and add the other 1/2 of the water to render the "nummy" parts off the bottom of the pan, lower the heat back to med and add 1/2 cup of the sauce stiring until warm, add back in chicken and broccoli crowns stirring evenly. The other parmesan cheese is to top it with afterwards if you want extra, if you don't omit it.
Vola'
(i've also done this recipe with spinich and bacon instead of broccoli deee-lish)

Parmesan Crisps:
Preheat ove 400 degrees. Mix parmesan cheese, garlic powder and basil together. Place spoonfuls of desired size (i make mine about an inch around) on a silicon cooking sheet or baking paper/wax paper (if you don't use this it might stick) pat them out with your hand a little (don't want "balls" want like little pancake shapes-ish can have holes in spots) about an inch appart. Bake for about 4 mins/5mins just until they turn golden brown remove and let them stand until they are no longer warm. (they will crisp up, and are great if you are missing chips, but make sure to limit how many you cook they are hard not to eat a bunch of).

ENJOY!

PS if you don't wanna buy Bertolli sauce i have a recipe for how to make sauce too. It's pretty easy and very close to what olive garden's tastes like. (oh the memories... lol)

Last edited by KristyRusi : Mon, Jan-14-13 at 09:59.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Mar-21-13, 13:25
Registered Member

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 149/138/125 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 46%

Yum! Sounds good!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Mar-21-13, 15:47

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 210/154/130 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 70%

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristyRusi
PS if you don't wanna buy Bertolli sauce i have a recipe for how to make sauce too. It's pretty easy and very close to what olive garden's tastes like. (oh the memories... lol)

Sounds wonderful! Will you share the sauce recipe please!!!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, May-28-13, 09:36
Registered Member

Plan: Medium low-carb
Stats: 149/136/130 Male 170cm
BF:
Progress: 68%

Nice recipe look delicious, i like crisps and cheese thank you kristy