Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > Low-Carb War Zone
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, Nov-15-23, 19:47

Plan: Keto (Atkins Induction)
Stats: 235/175/185 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 120%

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereBear
Not only that, vegan lies about their food products' affect on the global climate is dangerous for every living thing on the planet. Keeping us from restoring soil with more grazing animals.<...snip...>

I get irritated by the media's constant lie that the cows are worse for the environment. Actually the fertilizer industry emits over 100 times more methane than all the cow farts and burps combined. Sadly, a lot of that fertilized grain goes to fatten up the cows, which is why I eat only 100% grass-fed beef.

And around here, we have folks driving giant pickup trucks for family cars. They have 2 and 3 ton capacities, and never haul more than a weeks worth of groceries.

And don't get me started on air conditioning. It's indirectly one of the biggest causes of carbon emissions. People here in Florida cooling their homes to 72. It draws on the grid powered by nuclear, gas, and coal. The nukes run at 100% capacity no matter what, that's how they work. So the more they use AC, the more gas and coal is used. Plus it creates millions of little heat islands around each AC home.

The AC warms the planet, which means your AC has to work harder, which warms the planet even more, which means your AC has to work even harder, which means it's again warming the world even more, ad infinitum.

I don't use the AC, and funny thing, in the summer time I get acclimatized to the heat. The AC people never do, because it's a slow process.

What about lawn mowers? I read that due to no pollution controls, an average lawn mowing emits as much pollution as a Toyotas Celica does in 1,000 miles. I re-wilded my half acre, and only mow around the house, under the solar clothes dryer (clothesline) and the road right-of-way.

But I'm not innocent. My DW and I flew from Florida to Hawaii for a vacation this year.

It's very hard not to criticize others for destroying the world, but we need to take a good luck at ourselves. Get a fuel efficient vehicle, get rid of the lawn, turn of your A.C. and consume less.

The real problem IMO is overpopulation. Back in the 1970s with only 3 billion on the planet, it was manageable, and the resources could sustain us. Now, approaching 9 billion, we are using the resources faster than the planet can restore them.

But then, I had two children, so I'm guilty too.

We live in both wonderful and stressful times.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Nov-15-23, 19:55

Plan: Keto (Atkins Induction)
Stats: 235/175/185 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 120%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calianna
In the case of the mother who is raising her children on a 100% vegan diet, HER choice to never feed them any animal products is very likely to be affecting their health in multiple ways. Those children have zero choice about what is put on their plates. <...snip...>

And the omnivorous children who are fed way too much junk food, frankenfood, etc., and are obese are also having their health affected in so many ways.

There is more than one way to abuse a child nutritionally.

There is so much misinformation out there, and most of the articles you read are covert advertisements. But too many people will just do what the TV (the salesman in your living room) and other media outlets tell them to do, without doing their own research.

I'm a musician, and I play outdoors at an oceanside beach resort. It amazes me how many young, extremely overweight people come in in their bathing suits (even bikinis) and aren't even concerned about their weight. Starting out that fat is bound to cause problems later in life. I feel sorry for them.

Our main drives are food, reproduction, and self-preservation. Our drives often get us to ignore our minds.

I know the answer for me, but I can't force others to care or think.