Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#46   ^
Old Mon, Dec-28-15, 13:51

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Karen,

Thank you for the kind words. I speak from my heart because like you said when I found this wol I was desperate and spiraling fast into a carb abyss. HCA-72 saved me in so many ways. I will never go back to those horrible carnage days. I refuse to ever let my addiction destroy all I have fought to achieve🤗. So you see Karen just like you every day is a fight to control the addiction but at least I have the weapons, warrior attitude and s tremendous support system here to win the battle or war everyday🤗
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Mon, Dec-28-15, 13:56

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Larry,

What a terrific picture. The bike looks great also. So glad you had a great ride and some awesome comments from friends.

You are a ZC warrior enjoying all the wonderful life changing adventures that this wol brings😀. Never forget how great you feel now that is the weapon to fight to keep this wol no matter what comes your way
  #48   ^
Old Mon, Dec-28-15, 14:24

Plan: Keto Low Carb
Stats: 317/280/200 Male 66 Inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie2014
Never forget how great you feel now that is the weapon to fight to keep this wol no matter what comes your way

Great thought here and I really like that you put "WOL" instead of "WOE"

That is how I feel this is my "Way Of Life" I will never have to go back to the old fat Larry, provided I do the next right thing.
In my case that means making the correct decision for me when deciding what I put into my MEAT HOLE. I cannot call it a PIE HOLE anymore.

I see my Hematologist this Wednesday. I had blood labs today. I have been treated for anemia for the last four years.
I want to see what effect if any lowering my carbs to zero or close to zero and increasing my meat consumption has on the anemia..
  #49   ^
Old Mon, Dec-28-15, 14:55

Plan: Atkins 72'
Stats: 329.4/254.0/179.4 Female 5'10"
BF:hmm..too much ;)
Progress: 50%

Hey Everyone,

I'm back and will post later tonight. My Aunt (yes, she is with us until next week, so yay for that) and I are hitting up Planet Fitness together. So I will post more after our work out and supper. See you soon!!
  #50   ^
Old Mon, Dec-28-15, 16:37
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
Great posts guys!!! This chat helps me SO much.
Isn't that really the main purpose of this, Karen?

Like minded people, with the same philosophy about losing weight which is following A '72 Induction until we reach our GOAL WEIGHT without CHEATING!

(Maybe I need to add this to the first page of our thread eh?)

We promised ourselves early on that we WOULD NOT sit around and enable our "food farts" and say there there, it's OKAY ~ start fresh again tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow!!
Quote:
Like Jo said she is not an emotional eater, so she was upset about her company, but she decided to just eat a big old turkey leg instead of carbing out and she fed the need, thought things thru, and came out ahead!!
I know I wasn't really "hungry" but I had to do something cause all my other non-eating strategies were so NOT working... and my last time-tested & true strategy is always to "Feed the Need"!
Quote:
Jo I can just see you gnawing on that leg---ha ha
It was delish I can tell ya that!
Quote:
I wish all the time all of us were closer. we are so spread out but a A72 gala event once a year would be insane fun for us. You know the buffet food line would be A72 worthy for sure!!! and we would have a hoot for sure!
Berni, De and I are all thinking of meeting up in Vegas this summer... we're only on the "thinking" stage for now!

Last edited by Just Jo : Tue, Dec-29-15 at 07:25. Reason: Option M: More to say of course! HA!
  #51   ^
Old Mon, Dec-28-15, 16:45
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Berni, I LOVE this part of your quote to Karen:
Quote:
Every day is a fight to control the addiction but at least I have the weapons, warrior attitude and a tremendous support system here to win the battle or war everyday🤗
People have to remember that losing the weight is ONLY a part of the battle and it's a small portion of the battle.

We will be Fighting the war everyday to stay 100% OP if we are going to be Warrior members of TEAM 5% and keep the weight off!

Keep Fighting the Good Hard Fight 'cause we are SO WORTH IT!
  #52   ^
Old Mon, Dec-28-15, 16:53
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry H
Great thought here and I really like that you put "WOL" instead of "WOE"

That is how I feel this is my "Way Of Life" I will never have to go back to the old fat Larry, provided I do the next right thing.
In my case that means making the correct decision for me when deciding what I put into my MEAT HOLE. I cannot call it a PIE HOLE anymore.

I see my Hematologist this Wednesday. I had blood labs today. I have been treated for anemia for the last four years.
I want to see what effect if any lowering my carbs to zero or close to zero and increasing my meat consumption has on the anemia..
Yeppers I agree it is a WOL not only a WOE!!

Hey Larry NO "negative" talk allowed here, it's NOT "provided I do the next right thing" ~ It's "I WILL do the next right thing!" Cause it's a choice as you well know & attitude is EVERYTHING!

at meathole! Excellent point!

You'll have to share your results from the "vampyre" visit when you get back online Wednesday! We'd love to hear what he/she has to say! I hope you're no longer anemic!
  #53   ^
Old Mon, Dec-28-15, 16:55
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamoney
Hey Everyone,

I'm back and will post later tonight. My Aunt (yes, she is with us until next week, so yay for that) and I are hitting up Planet Fitness together. So I will post more after our work out and supper. See you soon!!
Welcome back, tam!! Glad you brought your aunt home with you...maybe you can convince her to move in with you, eh???
  #54   ^
Old Mon, Dec-28-15, 17:58

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

wonderful posts on this new thread and I for one have found great advice to help me definitely!!!!!!

Like minded people, with the same philosophy about losing weight which is following A '72 Induction until we reach our weight goal without CHEATING!

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS. It is who we are and explains us!
  #55   ^
Old Mon, Dec-28-15, 18:13
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
wonderful posts on this new thread and I for one have found great advice to help me definitely!!!!!!

Like minded people, with the same philosophy about losing weight which is following A '72 Induction until we reach our weight goal without CHEATING!

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS. It is who we are and explains us!
Then I'll add that on the first page of our thread!
  #56   ^
Old Mon, Dec-28-15, 18:17
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Okay DONE!
  #57   ^
Old Mon, Dec-28-15, 18:25

BF:

OUR WORDS TO LIVE BY!

We got such a cool thread here
  #58   ^
Old Mon, Dec-28-15, 19:41

Plan: LCHF <20g
Stats: 206/182/170 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 67%

Thanks Bernie, I can totally relate as I am hypothyroid (since birth) and have PCOS and Celiac (quite the charmer aren't I )

I do think eggs fill me up, and cheese seems to too, and the combo is great but I'll test it out a bit and see. I have not been having eggs much this last while. I think I got sick of them and prefer salmon for brunch/lunch.

I used to like to binge at times, but only on really crappy carb stuff (like sweets or chips, not cheese, thank god!).

I feel best when I'm full of protein too and it doesn't seem to take too much.

The additional hunger from the fruit was only for 1 day and it wasn't bad but the fact that I did notice a difference means something.

Do you just eat meat, fat eggs and cheese? I am trying to figure out what the zero - four carb days would look like in case I decide to try it.

Thanks everyone for letting me crash your thread....you are all so helpful and that is heartwarming

Quote:
Welcome IDD,

I have hypothyroidism and Hashimoto's thyroiditis in addition to being a binge eating carb addict.

I also have a ferocious appetite so my Endo recommended for me to never eat eggs and especially cheese by itself. Alone it won't satisfy me and I am still hungry. However, when I add protein along with my eggs over my leafy greens I am filled up. Again if you don't binge on cheese or are not a carb addict then you may not have to do this.

Sorry to hear that the additional carbs from fruit activated your hunger. The only way I am satisfied is with a belly full of protein. Then I am set and have energy no cravings and have my ZC Zen😀👍
  #59   ^
Old Mon, Dec-28-15, 19:47

BF:

1DD, only carbs in A72 is from veg/salad material we are allowed to have.

cheese is trace carbs
eggs are trace carbs

but of course these do add up so they have to be accounted for 'in a way', depending on your CCL.

2-3 eggs depending on size should equal about 1 carb.

I have seen people eat a dozen eggs in a day. that would be about 4 total carbs in eggs alone.

just eat off the A72 list and you should do very well. Dr A put a limit on the veg/salad material and cheese portion sizes thus limiting your carbs for you. but not eggs.

other than that I can't think of anything else on the A72 list that Dr A says we can has have carbs??

THAT is one reason we are ALL very super duper uber low in total carb count. Dr A set it for us, biological 0 carb foods on his list.

hope that helps a little. get the list from the front of the thread and live by it, that is what we do!
  #60   ^
Old Mon, Dec-28-15, 21:05

Plan: Keto Low Carb
Stats: 317/280/200 Male 66 Inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

Yet another Zero carb day in what has became a string of Zero carb days.

It is much easier now because it is becoming a habit.
It is becoming part of me. Zero carbs is what I do. It is me.

HCA-72 Induction is not until I reach goal weight. It is my life style forever.
Closed Thread