Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-26-01, 23:20
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%
Cool

Greetings, all. The February/March order cycle is almost complete and we'll be in process of setting up for pickups and deliveries next week. If you have any questions, please do drop me a line at [mailto:lcfoodexperts~yahoo.com].

I thank you for your support and encourage you to pass this email on to anyone who may be interested in low-carb information, as a nutritional approach to hypertension, GERD, diabetes, elevated cholesterals, PCOS or hypothyroid, glucose intolerance or 'resistant' weight gain.

We've also got links to excellent nutritional information sites, truly helpful low and controlled carb cooking and recipe sites, and (of course) high-quality low-carb food products available through a **Canadian** mail-order source.

Again, I thank you for your support!

=====
Judith van den Broek
aka
LowCarb FoodExperts Canada (reg'd)
http://www3.telus.net/seadrakeHome/LCFE.htm (or click on the logo below)
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Apr-17-01, 22:51

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 183/143/140
BF:
Progress: 93%

Hi Judith,

Funny when on this site one forgets to scroll down to see if the information they want is available before posting.

Sure enough I already posted and then found this one. Oh well, typical me...LOL! I see you deal in low carb foods and want to ask you more about this, I hope you don't mind?

I was posting a few minutes ago asking anyone who knows of any information on starting up a business with these low carb foods.

I find myself interested in providing these products here in Orillia due to not seeing them around or being able to get my hands on any. I am not one to order online as I don't care to use my credit card until paid off....who knows how long that will take! I figure if I am this way, there may be others out there too, and again, not everyone owns a computer or feel secure about ordering online yet.

I have been running a small business for six years now, it is a service business not a product business. I have no clue on this type of business and am looking for guidance on this subject.

If you can help on any information I would be interested in learning about this to see if this is something I can do.

Thanks for any replies,
Wendy
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Apr-17-01, 23:40
Registered Member

Red face Sure...

What do you want to know? I'm not sure what the question(s) are that you have.

You *might* find it helpful to click on my logo down below, and read the intro webpage, have a look around. I think a lot of your questions just might be answered.

Enjoy.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Apr-18-01, 05:15

BF:

Hi Judith,

Gee Judith, I thought I made myself pretty clear on my posting...LOL

Pretty much I'm interested in selling the low carb products but don't know how to go about it.

I did visit your site and you tell about them etc... I want to know how to sell them. I didn't find that information on your site on how to go about it and this is why I posted in hopes you would give me some kind of information.

Maybe the Atkins site may provide me with the knowledge? Thought of that this morning when I woke up

Wendy
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Apr-18-01, 08:10

BF:

Hi again Judith,

Actually now I am rethinking my thoughts out. I should think I can just order bulk from the states etc..To get the product? Then go from there once everything else is all set!

For now though, I must research, business plan etc... once again!

Thanks for answering,
Wendy
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Apr-18-01, 08:45
Registered Member

Default Ahhhh

Well, sort of, Wendy.

Basically, you need to set up contacts with various distributors, manufacturers and resellers, research and ensure the Customs, CFIA and Foreign Trade issues are covered (HS Tariff Codes, Labelling Requirements, excemptions if any on foodstuffs), set up a webpage/phone number/email contact, ensure local & federal business licensing and then ensure Operations funding (separate bank account, shipping arrangements/research, inventory if you can do it).

That's all I can think of for the moment. Sorry, but there is NO short answer to your question. It's different than Services.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Apr-18-01, 09:30

BF:

Oh for sure there is no short answer and yes I do agree this will be much different then my service. (I am truly excited as my service business is getting rather stale for me and physically exhausting, I would love to work in a store setting rather then from home too, more people contact!).

Thank-you for replying to this. I appreciate any advice you can give me.

At this time however I realize I have a lot more leg work to do as I want to get this off the ground here in my City prior to the web. It is good information that I need also that you have given me as I must be able to order etc... Naturally this is where the Internet comes in.

Thanks again Judith,

Wendy
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Apr-19-01, 01:28
Registered Member

Default Talk to Jody?

Jody Garbe of LowCarb Edibles (just started up, see Reports section) that is. She's just started up a retail LC food products (mostly chocolates and the Keto line) out of Toronto.

Perhaps she can be of more help, being in the same 'provincial' jurisdiction.

Good luck. It's mucho work.
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Apr-19-01, 05:25

BF:

Thanks Judi,

I will check it out, much appreciated.

Wendy