Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone


Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Breakfast Ideas
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   ^
Old Wed, May-16-12, 19:14
markdallas markdallas is offline
New Member
Posts: 17
 
Plan: Atkins (old plan)
Stats: 272/225/165 Male 5'8"
BF:
Progress:
Default Pancakes - Couldn't Believe It! They Saved Me!

New here..so forgive me if this is "old" news...but I was on Pintrest (haha yes a guy on Pintrest - for "business" reasons)...and there are a lot of postings on low carb recipies.

One lady featured pancakes - and I thought...no way...and immediately got up and made them. I almost cried they were so good.

I've simplified it...but here is basic recipie:

2 eggs
2 ounces of cream cheese (look for 0 carb or less than 1 carb option)
1 or 2 teaspoons of Stevia in the Raw (buy the big bag at Walmart)
If you want...some cinnamon

Put in blender - and blend good.

Heat griddle and put on Pam or cooking spray (lightly).

Pour in small pancakes until you get the hang of it. Don't turn until they almost look "dry" with bubbles..you have to scoop fast with the spatula because they are thin.

You can melt butter and pour on them if you are really wanting to make yourself "feel the guilt"
Then LIGHTLY drizzle no sugar syrup... get the lowest you can find..mine I think is Hungry Jack No Sugar with 8 carbs per 1/4 cup...but don't use that much..you don't need it.

Eat with lots of sausage and bacon.

It is a mix between pancakes and french toast in flavor. But the texture is a MUCH NEEDED addition to the diet.

I use the pancakes sometimes as a "rollup" for meats - just don't put in as much sweetener.....even taco meat or turkey.

The whole thing is probably 4 carbs or less - depending on how much syrup you pour...JUST DRIZZLE!

There you have it...sorry if you know about it...but I couldn't make it without them...the single biggest addition to my low carb lifestyle - NEARING 50 pounds and 6 inches lost in waist.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, May-16-12, 20:11
pinkclouds's Avatar
pinkclouds pinkclouds is offline
Senior Member
Posts: 5,645
 
Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/216.7/160 Female 65"
BF:Size 22/16/8
Progress: 43%
Location: Colorado
Default

Sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing.
Reply With Quote
  #3   ^
Old Wed, May-16-12, 22:21
ImOnMyWay's Avatar
ImOnMyWay ImOnMyWay is online now
Senior Member
Posts: 3,448
 
Plan: OWL
Stats: 177/149.6/135 Female 5'2"
BF:50.5/39/?
Progress: 65%
Location: Oregon, Los Angeles
Default

Definitely going to try this! There's another pancake recipe on here that I like, but this has many less ingredients!
Reply With Quote
  #4   ^
Old Thu, May-17-12, 08:15
askwhy456's Avatar
askwhy456 askwhy456 is offline
Every day is day 1.
Posts: 1,224
 
Plan: Atkins 1972
Stats: 249.0/220.6/160 Female 67 inches
BF:Yup. I know.
Progress: 32%
Location: SE Missouri
Default

Thank you for sharing! I'll have to try these! I love recipes with few ingredients!
Reply With Quote
  #5   ^
Old Thu, May-17-12, 08:31
Nancy LC's Avatar
Nancy LC Nancy LC is offline
Experimenter
Posts: 45,248
 
Plan: Paleo 99.5%
Stats: 210/170/160 Female 67.5"
BF:
Progress: 80%
Location: San Diego, CA
Default

I make pancakes all the time with flax, chia and hemp hearts. Love them!
Reply With Quote
  #6   ^
Old Thu, May-17-12, 21:33
markdallas markdallas is offline
New Member
Posts: 17
 
Plan: Atkins (old plan)
Stats: 272/225/165 Male 5'8"
BF:
Progress:
Default

Is that from Harry Potter?
Reply With Quote
  #7   ^
Old Thu, May-17-12, 21:42
robynsnest's Avatar
robynsnest robynsnest is offline
Senior Member
Posts: 2,146
 
Plan: Atkins
Stats: 336/286/199 Female 5'11"
BF:Losing it....
Progress: 36%
Location: Canada ay?
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by markdallas
New here..so forgive me if this is "old" news...but I was on Pintrest (haha yes a guy on Pintrest - for "business" reasons)...and there are a lot of postings on low carb recipies.

One lady featured pancakes - and I thought...no way...and immediately got up and made them. I almost cried they were so good.

I've simplified it...but here is basic recipie:

2 eggs
2 ounces of cream cheese (look for 0 carb or less than 1 carb option)
1 or 2 teaspoons of Stevia in the Raw (buy the big bag at Walmart)
If you want...some cinnamon

Put in blender - and blend good.

Heat griddle and put on Pam or cooking spray (lightly).

Pour in small pancakes until you get the hang of it. Don't turn until they almost look "dry" with bubbles..you have to scoop fast with the spatula because they are thin.

You can melt butter and pour on them if you are really wanting to make yourself "feel the guilt"
Then LIGHTLY drizzle no sugar syrup... get the lowest you can find..mine I think is Hungry Jack No Sugar with 8 carbs per 1/4 cup...but don't use that much..you don't need it.

Eat with lots of sausage and bacon.

It is a mix between pancakes and french toast in flavor. But the texture is a MUCH NEEDED addition to the diet.

I use the pancakes sometimes as a "rollup" for meats - just don't put in as much sweetener.....even taco meat or turkey.

The whole thing is probably 4 carbs or less - depending on how much syrup you pour...JUST DRIZZLE!

There you have it...sorry if you know about it...but I couldn't make it without them...the single biggest addition to my low carb lifestyle - NEARING 50 pounds and 6 inches lost in waist.

These are the BEST I've tried, thought you might like to try them:
ENJOY!!!!!!!!!

http://www.nourishingdays.com/2011/...akes-revisited/

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=126696


http://forum.lowcarber.org/gallery/....php?i=33007&c=
Reply With Quote
  #8   ^
Old Sun, May-20-12, 12:02
Invictus Invictus is offline
Registered Member
Posts: 54
 
Plan: I'm winging it.
Stats: 345/208/185 Male 6'2
BF:
Progress: 86%
Location: Selma, AL
Default

Could you make this work without a blender, just by stirring really quickly? I'm a novice cook.
Reply With Quote
  #9   ^
Old Sun, May-20-12, 16:36
ImOnMyWay's Avatar
ImOnMyWay ImOnMyWay is online now
Senior Member
Posts: 3,448
 
Plan: OWL
Stats: 177/149.6/135 Female 5'2"
BF:50.5/39/?
Progress: 65%
Location: Oregon, Los Angeles
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invictus
Could you make this work without a blender, just by stirring really quickly? I'm a novice cook.


If you allow the cream cheese to come to room temperature first, you could use what cooks used before there were blenders: a mechanical egg beater, the kind you crank around and around. It will just take a bit of work is all.

But, Mr. Novice Cook, you really need to get a blender. Every kitchen should have one, IMO. Every. Kitchen. And they are cheap! Even cheaper if you buy one at a garage sale.

A small food processor is also cheap, but does not hold the volume that a blender can.

If you can afford it, I recommend the Vitamix blender. It is so versatile and well made. I've used it to make nut butters, chop onions, make smoothies, cream of vegetable soups, and so much more. I've had mine over 20 years and expect it to last indefinitely. Plus, what other company can you name that gives their merchandise a 7 year warranty?!

Vitamix

(No, I do not work for the company.)
Reply With Quote
  #10   ^
Old Sun, May-20-12, 18:34
robynsnest's Avatar
robynsnest robynsnest is offline
Senior Member
Posts: 2,146
 
Plan: Atkins
Stats: 336/286/199 Female 5'11"
BF:Losing it....
Progress: 36%
Location: Canada ay?
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImOnMyWay

But, Mr. Novice Cook, you really need to get a blender. Every kitchen should have one, IMO. Every. Kitchen.

I agree, some great tools in the kitchen can really help with variety, and that is what we need to stay the course IMO!!
Reply With Quote
  #11   ^
Old Sun, May-20-12, 21:11
markdallas markdallas is offline
New Member
Posts: 17
 
Plan: Atkins (old plan)
Stats: 272/225/165 Male 5'8"
BF:
Progress:
Default

Costco had the BULLET for only $29.99 complete with all the attachements - great deal. Really good for one person but not a whole family. Otherwise a blender is necessary. You can probably get one easily for under $30
Reply With Quote
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Nov-12-12, 22:00
LadyCloud's Avatar
LadyCloud LadyCloud is offline
New Member
Posts: 9
 
Plan: My own hodge podge
Stats: 227.6/227.6/190 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Location: Minnestoa
Default

Drool...uh-maze-ing! Can't wait to make these! THANX!!!
Reply With Quote
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Jan-06-13, 21:10
dex's Avatar
dex dex is offline
Senior Member
Posts: 877
 
Plan: NSNG
Stats: 260/164/185 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 128%
Location: Seattle
Default

I made these for lunch today and ate them with a smear of no-sugar peanut butter. They were perfect!
Reply With Quote
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Jan-20-13, 10:06
lovidebb lovidebb is offline
New Member
Posts: 1
 
Plan: atkins
Stats: 225/225/125 Female 5'1
BF:
Progress:
Default

Thank you for sharing this recipe! I love them and sometimes add a scoop of protein powder. It gives them more of a pancake texture and less crepe like. Either way they are great : )
Reply With Quote
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Jan-23-15, 12:39
esw's Avatar
esw esw is offline
Senior Member
Posts: 572
 
Plan: atkins
Stats: 175/161/147 Female 5ft 5ins
BF:
Progress: 50%
Location: UK
Default

Made these for breakfast. Browned some slivered almonds in pan in a little butter first. Made just one large pancakes adding salt and pepper instead of sugar. Deliciously satisfying and the almonds gave a lovely bite.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 20:24.


Copyright © 2000-2018 Active Low-Carber Forums @ forum.lowcarber.org
Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.