Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Dec-09-02, 06:45
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins OWL
Stats: 180/134.5/120 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%
Cool Stall BUSTED!!!

Hi, all,

Just wanted to share something that worked for me - I had been hovering around 162 pounds, and couldn't seem to budge for several weeks. However, I continued to stick with the plan and made two small changes:

First, I reduced the frequency with which I eat those meal replacement bars after reading that they can cause stalls. I've always felt that "real food" is better for me if I can find the time to make/buy it. (The company cafeteria is NOT always a low-carber's friend...)

Secondly, I upped the water intake. I've always had trouble (when doing Weight Watchers in the past, also) downing 64 oz. of water a day. However, at work now I go NOWHERE without a bottle in hand, and I'm sucking down between 80 and 100 oz. of water a day.

Once I did this - guess what - the scale dropped down to 158 pounds! Can't tell ya how jazzed I am...

Although I haven't posted that often I have gotten lots of good tips & support from reading others' posts. Thank you all!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Dec-09-02, 09:09

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 170/139/130 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

Congratulations!
The water sounds so simple but is so very important. Whenever I appear to slow down for no apparent reason, I check my water intake and that is usually the culprit.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Dec-14-02, 00:19
Carol CA

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

That's excellent to hear! I'm encouraged. I've been stalled since OCTOBER... going up and down the same three pounds. I found this site yesterday... and after reading posts like yours, I'm encouraged to work a bit harder. I'm determined to budge this stall once and for all. I decided last night that I'd drink more water and eat more veggies. So far today, I'm being very good. My bladder is killing me right now!

As for those low-carb bars... I had to add them to my CHAP list. CHAP=Can't Have Any PERIOD! I stopped eating them completely at the beginning of November. Those and low-carb chocolate and my beloved NUTS. Gawd... I love nuts! But I have never learned the meaning of the word "moderation". My sister eats the protein bars... but then she's much more disciplined than I am.

Congrats on the stall buster!
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Dec-28-02, 18:45

Plan: Atkins since sept 22/02
Stats: 205/165/150 Female 5'8
BF:32/28/22
Progress: 73%
Talking congratulations

Yes, breaking out of a stall is such an amazing, uplifting feeling. I feel good for you. Funny, but my water consumtion has really dropped of lately. Going to increase right now. Also going to read my books again and think about induction. Got to nip this carb-creep in the bud!!! Good luck, you are doing really well,