Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, Mar-06-13, 09:09

Plan: LCHF to appetite
Stats: 210/206/165 Female 5'3"
BF:Lots!
Progress: 9%

Congrats on your success! Your diligence and motivation is inspirational. I'm so happy you are addressing this while you're young. If I had paid more attention to my body when I was younger, I wouldn't be sitting at 51 with a challenging metabolism.

Good job and keep up the fantastic work!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Apr-29-13, 04:48

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 442/226/238 Male 6'1
BF:59.9%/32.8%/26.6%
Progress: 106%

So I've reached half a year since I started this diet (26 weeks)
and I weighed in at 288 lbs this morning, meaning I've lost 154 lbs in 182 days
I've experienced Stall's from an unchanged diet, slowed weight loss, I still experience ortha-static hypertension... which is a nightmare if I want to try and do exercise...
Initially I wanted to lose another 50 lbs in these remaining 68 days but realistically that just isn't going to happen...
I think if I can lose another 28-35 lbs in that time, it'd be good

Does anyone have any advice on how to boost my weight loss for these remaining 9-10 weeks?

It'd be greatly appreciated
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Apr-29-13, 07:56

Plan: sort ofatkins
Stats: 205/144/140 Female 5;6
BF:
Progress: 94%

Wow you are an inspiration,, what a fantastic achievement...well done for your determination, you must feel so much better within yourself...
I dont know what your ratios are in eating,%.of protein, carbs etc,!! But I would say to keep your fats high and possibly drop the protein if you stall..for me I have to do this in order to loose, just doing moderate lc doesnt make me loose...
Just keep going it will come off...again well done.
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Apr-29-13, 13:19

I'm eating about 750 calories a day and approx 2l - 2.5l of water a day.
Which includes;

4oz of cheese ~ 252 calories (2oz for breakfast, 2oz for lunch)

and for dinner I eat normally 1/4 onion, 5oz of chicken, a bit of oil, 50g of tomato puree which contains x<1g of carbs and some spices like garam masala etc
My carbs a day are below 5g on average I'd say...

I find I can't eat more than 1 proper meal a day now otherwise I get bloated...
I don't get hungry at all
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Apr-30-13, 02:34

BF:

Wow thats not a lot of calories for a male...but you are obviously doing ok on it, and your not getting hungry!!!..have you eaten like this since you started??
I think most when in ketosis have a small appetite, I know I do which is maybe whats happening but if you stall then up your fats a bit..in truth if its working for you then keep going and wait to see what happens, I wish I never ate of plan the first time which stopped me for a month of 2, if you carry on without breaks it works better...
Have you looked and thought about how you are going to maintain your weight loss?? Its going to be nigh on impossible to just live forever on what you are eating!!.if I were you I wouldnt worry now till your closer to goal then start changing slowly adding other foods in ...
You could take a multivit daily to make sure you are getting enough to keep going oh and salt your body needs some for the electrolytes, I use a spoonfull of bovril...it helps if you feel dizzy or heady..but apart from that just keep going , but dont be worried about adding in fats if you need them..
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Apr-30-13, 05:26

well me end date is my birthday... and I'm going out for an Indian and some beers... which will be erm... interesting to say the least =p
Then I'm having 8 days of eating/drinking whatever I fancy.
Then after those 8 days I have 6 weeks of a regular healthy diet;
lots of fruit and vegetables, wholemeal pastas, brown rice etc

This is to get the carbs back into my muscles
THEN I'm on a 12 week weight training schedule

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/kri...er-week-12.html

Which should help me regain any muscle I've lost and remove a large portion of my remaining fat.

after that, I'll be training for rugby 2 nights a week, MMA for 2 nights a week and a game of rugby every weekend.
With swimming every morning... so I should be on top of everything...
  #22   ^
Old Wed, May-01-13, 02:25

BF:

Pmsl,,, you know that spirits are a lot better then beers right??? Hey also you will get drunk much much quicker when youdrink beers or spirits as without the carbs in your food, so on your finishing birthday day you may not need as many beers as you think, lol....it sounds like you have sorted where you are going with your eating, and by then you would have learnt portion control, but be really carefull about carb creep......I hope you have a brilliant time on your bday.....
  #23   ^
Old Mon, Jun-24-13, 07:03

Well It's been 35 weeks Since I started by Diet and as of this morning I've lost 183 lbs =]
I've got approx 10 days left of this diet and my original target of being 17 st is now unobtainable, so I've decided 18 st will be what I am aiming for by 5th July.
I'm going to carry on losing weight after that date after a few days off around my Birthday but I'll be working on a more balanced diet as I'll be training for MMA and Rugby later on this year.
According to my doctor, I have an estimated 25-30lbs of excess skin at the moment which, when taken into account, puts me past my initial goal, so I'm not too disheartened with my efforts =]
  #24   ^
Old Tue, Nov-11-14, 15:39

Plan: zero carb
Stats: 275/273/135 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 1%
Default wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallHorse
I'm eating about 750 calories a day and approx 2l - 2.5l of water a day.
Which includes;

4oz of cheese ~ 252 calories (2oz for breakfast, 2oz for lunch)

and for dinner I eat normally 1/4 onion, 5oz of chicken, a bit of oil, 50g of tomato puree which contains x<1g of carbs and some spices like garam masala etc
My carbs a day are below 5g on average I'd say...

I find I can't eat more than 1 proper meal a day now otherwise I get bloated...
I don't get hungry at all

i would love to be here and never be hungry that's hardly anything