Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Dec-31-02, 10:55
Registered Member

Plan: PP
Stats: 189/160/155 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 85%
Exclamation No such thing as "under control"!

Oh well..here I am again! After 2 months of absolute loss of control.

The reason I'm posting here, besides my need to cry out to someone who understands, is to warn others. Don't be fooled! It takes a while to adjust to this new way of life, but no time at all to adjust to the old way!

I was content with my body over the summer. Though I hadn't reached my goal weight, at least in clothes, I was looking better. I really believed that I had it all figured out . That there was no way I would ever return to the old way of eating. NO way. I was in control

I think it began around Halloween (After almost 9 faithful months!). We had a bowl of candy left over on a table by the door and every time I would pass it I would take one Tootsie Roll. I should've seen the red flags when after a couple of days I started to dig in the bowl to see if there was any left. I started reading carb counts to how many I might be able to get away with instead of keeping at healthy amount.

Then came the holidays. By now my defenses were down. Loving friends and family brought over 100's of varieties of fudge, cookies and pies. That was "all she wrote". Here I am, almost 10 pounds regained, crawling back to this web site of wonderful people.

Be careful if you think that you can eat extra on weekends or vacations. Be very careful on CAD. For people like me, an addict by nature, that way of thinking is very dangerous. And getting back on the wagon a real struggle.

Pray for me as I cleanse my body of these cravings...once more!

Last edited by Marti66 : Tue, Dec-31-02 at 11:03.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jan-02-03, 05:37

Plan: low-carb Ali style
Stats: 175/167.5/145 Female 5ft 7inches
BF:No idea
Progress: 25%

You and I together Marti....I gained 7lbs back...between the beginning of December (too many parties) and the New Year.
Like you say, no such thing as "under control".
I'm back to it now though
Good Luck
Ali
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jan-02-03, 21:20

Plan: CAD
Stats: 148/127.5/124 Female 5ft
BF:28%/25%/20
Unhappy I'm reading my story!

I cannot believe how much reading your post is like reading one I could of written!!!! Every Christmas since 1990 All I have wanted was to lose weight so I could get clothes and not feel horrible after going into the try on rooms. Finally last year I had my dream come true only to get lazy and ruin it! I too started in Oct.

I now have all the weight gained that I lost plus a 1/2 pound.
Every time that I would mess up at a meal I would tell myself that is ok I will just have to do CAD today. (That program is how I first started losing weight, but it became to easy to binge so I switched to Adkins)

I am having a terrible time with the cravings now. (Another reason not to blow it!!) I ate some bread today so tommorrow will still be hard. I did well the a.m. and p.m. just not at lunch. I am hoping that the damage isn't too bad so that tommorrow is easier!!!!
We're in the same boat!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jan-02-03, 21:34
Registered Member

Plan: PP
Stats: 189/160/155 Female 65
BF:

Today was actually my first day back on the wagon. My problem is that I haven't gone to the market, so in order not to eat carbs, I barely ate anything at all. Not good. I threw out everything left over from the holidays. Including two brand new boxes of cookies. I just knew I couldn't even save them for the kids.

So Ali and pre3, lets grit our teeth and get with the program. What makes me feel better is knowing that these extreme cravings will pass. It's great knowing that I'm not alone! Thanks for posting!

Have a blessed 2003!
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jan-02-03, 22:42

Plan: CAD
Stats: 148/127.5/124 Female 5ft
BF:28%/25%/20
Thumbs up ready

I am ready to go too. I have to remember the cravings are temporary. I need to get some chromium. I don't have any of that in my lc multi.m
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jan-06-03, 04:08

Plan: low-carb Ali style
Stats: 175/167.5/145 Female 5ft 7inches
BF:No idea
Progress: 25%

I've been back on it for almost a week now.
I was really surprised at the bad cravings again and headache but not as bad as the first time I did induction.
Anyway the goods news it that I've already lost 3.5lbs of the 7lb I put on since the beginning of December so I'm already feeling better.
Starting exercise classes tonight, first one of the year.
Good luck you 2....
Ali