Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Mar-01-15, 12:53

Plan: Keto, gluten/nut-free
Stats: 245.8/179/149 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 69%
Lightbulb Anyone Mall Walking?

I kept meaning to do some exercise while doing this LC/HF diet, but just didn't feel up to it till I had lost over 80 lbs. And I decided that's OK.

But lately I started feeling my bones under my skin, and that didn't feel OK! Since I just don't have the money to join a gym - I decided to try mall walking - because it's free!

It's been just over a week now, and I have gone every day - usually after work, or after grocery shopping on the weekends. It takes me about 1/2 hour at a brisk pace to walk the mall. As I got faster, I found some stairs, and started climbing them too.

There were 4 flights of stairs near the gym, people look at me when I get to the bottom step (where the gym is), and turn around to go back up!

The other day I found 6.5 flights to the executive offices. When I get to the top, I can barely breathe, and wonder how long it would be before they found me if I had a heart attack right there! LOL

I am wearing a Misfit step counter, and still don't met my goal of 10,000 most days. I am also using a MapMyWalk app on my phone.

Anyone want to join me (virtually) mall walking, checking in to see how we are doing?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Mar-01-15, 20:33
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Catherine - wow, you are doing really, really well!

Do you wear your step counter all day long, or just while you are mall walking? Because I have a feeling you may be surpassing those 10 000 steps.

Anyway, the reason I am posting (apart from congratulating you on a tremendous job) is to invite you to join us in the Walking Challenge. Sounds as though you'll fit right in. Right now only Kelly and I are posting, and we are a bit lonely. And we are not the least bit judgemental about how many steps anyone does either, in case you were wondering. We'd love to have you aboard.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Mar-02-15, 09:01

Plan: Keto, gluten/nut-free
Stats: 245.8/179/149 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 69%

Welcome Rosebud!! Thanks, I am proud of what I have accomplished, I never thought I could get this far!

Yes, I wear my pedometer all of the time, only taking it off to shower. So it has to be an accurate count.

I did check out your Walking Challenge post first, and thought I wouldn't fit in because I couldn't make the 10,000 step goal. But at first day I couldn't do over 5,000 steps. I bought it just after Christmas - so I am doing much better now.

But thanks for the welcome, I will come and post what I have done so far this month. Thanks!