Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, Apr-21-09, 14:12

Plan: EF/Fung IDM/keto
Stats: 375/225.4/175 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judynyc
I could not even read posts by those who had (only)10-20 lbs to lose, let alone respond to them.

I confess I do have some issues with this too. I mean I just cannot *relate* to someone whose starting weight is 115 and whose goal weight is 100. OK, maybe they are only 4'9". But still, I just can't relate!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Apr-21-09, 15:10

Plan: lc my way
Stats: 285/207.6/170 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 67%

you know merpig? Those people cannot really relate to us either I'm sure. Because as we know when you have more to lose it seems (for some anyway) that at first the weight comes off in a big clump. For them that must seem like heaven. But when compared to the amount of weight we have to lose compared to theirs it really isnt that different of a percentage. It just seems to them like we lose faster than them, even though they have sooooo much less than us to lose. And really if we were that size would we feel the need to be on a lc diet?? Just my opinion any way
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Apr-21-09, 20:56
Monday came.

Plan: my own
Stats: 275/228.6/155 Female 5'4"
BF:ummm . . . ?
Progress: 39%

I figure when we're here in TDC, we're dealing with our issues, and to be honest, I have been a bit off-put by some posts from `civilians' who have gotten a bit preachy about weight ("just use willpower" kinds of statements). I guess I see this as `our turf', and want to have this respected as a place where we deal with our issues (like the need to vent about something like this). When we're out and about, I figure it's the other way around--we're linked by the commonality of the desire to LC our way to weight loss--and the TDC issues are not common ground.

I think I can relate to what these folks are saying, because to feel fat feels crummy at whatever size you are. I heard--terrible story, but true--a parent tell me that when they buried an infant, they were told by the funeral director that he had just buried a teenager the previous week--and "just imagine how much worse his parents must feel." Say what? The parallel being: you can't quantify pain, nurses and their scale of 1-10 be damned. We're all trying to heal together, and I think it's helpful to recall that.
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Apr-21-09, 21:22
Give A Damn

Plan: Primal Blueprint
Stats: 293/234.4/175 Female 5' 5 3/4"
BF:
Progress: 50%

I dunno, I gotta say I can empathize with how she feels.

When I look back at my smallest - size 8, I thought I was fat. I had dropped from a 14 to an 8. 10's were my fat pants.

Now, they are my goal pants.

I hope that when I get to my size 10 goal pants, that I panic at the mere thought of wearing size 12 again and feel comfortable enough to find support here at this board, whether panicking at a size 4 or a size 12.
  #20   ^
Old Wed, Apr-22-09, 06:19
For Real This Time

Plan: SB (Sorta Beachy)
Stats: 272/260/165 Female 68 inches (5'8")
BF:
Progress: 11%

I think the only time I was ever a size 4 was when I WAS 4. Maybe.
  #21   ^
Old Wed, Apr-22-09, 08:16
Give A Damn

Plan: Primal Blueprint
Stats: 293/234.4/175 Female 5' 5 3/4"
BF:
Progress: 50%

I had only been a size 8 for a couple of months. I had gotten really sick. It wasn't anything deliberate. So I can't really compare the apples to oranges, but I understand the feeling.

I so desperately wanted to stay that size 8, even though I thought I was fat.

It's the feeling, not the number.