Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

View comments Article tools
7 Months 90 pounds!!! Now i can be in the Navy
Posted by shaun413
Posted Sat, Mar-09-02
Plan: Adkins
Stats: 280/195/207
BF:
Progress: 116%
Default 7 Months 90 pounds!!! Now i can be in the Navy

i am 6'2 and a senior in high school. I wanted to join the navy for my career but at the time a weighed 280lbs i had to get to 222, to sign up and get to 212 to leave for boot camp.
I new if i stayed fat it would really affect my life and what i wanted to do.
I wanted to prove everybody wrong that i could handle bootcamp and get in good shape.
So i got really series with the Dr. Atkins diet. I did this one because about 3 years before i lost like 20ibs in a month and then i quit. So i new this diet would work if i just didnt quit.
I started the diet in mid-october by begging of december i weighed 250, and by the end of the month 240. all that weight was losed without really exercising i was thinner and felt more comfortable to exercise so in january i started to do push-ups, sit-ups and walk everyday for 45 minuits, by the end of january i weighed 222 i lost 18 pounds in one month. in february I cheated a few times and went out to eat twice and stopped walking. by the end of the month i weighed 212. through march and april i started to run a lot and finally got to where i wanted to be at 188 pounds.
My succes is keeping your carbs under 20 grams, and only eat a big big meal once and a snack so eat about 2 meals a day.
You should also set goals, what worked for me was getting into the Navy but for others it can be something else. You should also get a calendar and go about 5 weeks without cheating and pick a date so you can eat really bad for 3 days then go back on it.
If I can lose 90ibs in 6 and a half months you can too!!!!!
Article tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Success Photos
Before
Not uploaded yet
In-Progress
Not uploaded yet
After
Not uploaded yet

by Heeligan2 on Sun, Mar-10-02, 15:28

Congratulations on your wonderful success! Thank you for sharing your story. Good luck in the Navy. Hope they don't feed you too many carbs.

11 comments [read all comments]