Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Reply  Back to story:  40 Pounds Later...

View Article Article tools
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Aug-06-02, 03:59

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 197/184/145 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:45%/32%/22%
Progress: 25%

Congratulations Charlie!!!

It's always wonderful to hear other people's success stories. Your words of advice are wise words.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Aug-06-02, 05:04
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%
Default YES!!!!!!!!!!!

Absolutely wonderful, Charlie! We are SOOO happy for you!!! Thanks for posting your story!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Aug-06-02, 14:40

Plan: Pregnant
Stats: 318.5/276/190 Female 5 9
BF:
Progress: 33%

hi Charlie
I just wanted to say CONGRATS! That is quite an accomplishment! I think its even better that you did it without the knowledge of a scale. I made a commitment today to stop checking my weight so obsessively and also to stop using those darn ketosticks I hope that just how my body is feeling and how my clothes are fitting will be good enough for me !

CONGRATS AGAIN! WAY TO GO!

Vicki
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Aug-06-02, 15:09

Plan: Atkins/Stnry Bike/Physio
Stats: 225/210/155 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Hey Charlie!!

Congratulations on your success!! I know that you must be feeling very good about yourself.

I wish you continued success and hope that you are taking all of your own very good advice.

Marlaine
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Aug-09-02, 17:06

Plan: modified Atkins
Stats: 238/212/180 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 45%

Congrats Charlie...I'm going to share this story with my 16 y/o son who started to diet with my husband, my other son and myself on May 6th. He too has lost 42 pounds. I can only imagine how different you feel about yourself because it has been wonderful to see my son's self-esteem rise.

Good luck on your continued success and keep us informed of your progress.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Aug-22-02, 11:53

Plan: atkins
Stats: 156/135/120 Female 5' 3
BF:156/135/120
Progress: 58%

Charlie congrats on your lose. I love your insight on knowing that you can not go back to your old way of eating. You seem like a beautiful soul. Way to go.
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Aug-24-02, 11:16

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 246/203/190
BF:?/24%/19%
Progress: 77%
Default An Update

First of all, I'd like to offer my sincere thanks to all of you who are helping each other to succeed, always providing encouragement. I know that much of my motivation to continue has come from the stories I've read in this forum. Thanks to everyone who replied to my story, I certainly appreciate the support and I encourage everyone just to keep on doing it!

I'd like to give an update of my progress now. First of all, I've gone back to school and impressed a lot of people! It's so nice to be able to wear my pants again without having to struggle to button them (I think we've all been there). The physical and psychological results are quite gratifying. My current weight is 204.5 pounds. On the Atkins plan I have now lost 41.5 pounds. Since the beginning of the summer I've lost 45.5 pounds. I'm now high school senior, but before my junior year I once weighed 260 pounds, 55.5 pounds more than I currently weigh. So, those are the raw statistics, which still surprise me. Even with my progress, I'm still trying to lose weight because I am still overweight. I've altered my target weight to 190 because it actually seems attainable. When I weighed 250, I figured I'd never get to 200 and that I was just putting a number there just to gets the wheels rolling a bit. Now, getting to a "healthy weight" is not a daunting task that seems beyond my potential. To have that kind of confidence in a diet speaks highly of its success.

Once again, I'm indebted to the ongoing support of my fellow low-carbers!

Charlie