Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Apr-02-04, 04:33
roll on the weekend!

Plan: atkins diet
Stats: 208/174/140 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%
Default Stall Stall Stall

Yes I am upset - I have stalled - Induction went well - Third week also went well. Havnt weighed for week and half and have only lost 1lb. I dont know where I am going wrong. I am sticking to well within carb - not indulging in any of the LC rubbish. Exercising whihc have never done before and I have only lost a 1lb. Can any one help before I fall off the WOL with a huge large bump. I dont want to stop but my motivation is slipping -HHHHEEEELLLLLPPPPPPP

Vic xxx
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Apr-02-04, 04:43
Slothy Superhero

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 165/145/125 Female 60 inches
BF:29/25.2/24

I think this is totally normal. Don't stress! My weight loss went in fits and starts. Some weeks I lost nothing in poundage at all, but I realized I was still shrinking in size. I found that measuring was really good for me to do to keep motivated on the weeks the scale lied to me!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Apr-02-04, 05:16

Plan: Atkins 72 Version
Stats: 175.5/123.5/115 Female 5'3 I grew an Inch!
BF:??/21%/19-20%
Progress: 86%

Post induction stall. This happens after starting a new WOL, weither its Atkins... low calorie or what.

Also exercise will do this. After a bit the weight will start to fall off again. Hang in there.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Apr-02-04, 08:08
roll on the weekend!

Plan: atkins diet
Stats: 208/174/140 Female 64 inches
BF:

Thanks for the advice - I have been having a nosey around some of the journals and it seems like its quite a common problem - I know shouldnt get downhearted but thats me (not really it TOM) but I feel better now

Thanx
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Apr-02-04, 09:09

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 140/133/125 Female 1.52
BF:
Progress:
Smile

Hi

Like you I haven't been doing atkins long. I have lost about 8Ilbs in total but have been at a stand stall for just about 2 weeks. It is very disheartening and it's hard not to beat yourself up over it. I have been doing more excercise and resistance weight training and I am thinking it may be that. The thing is we are all so different and our bodies adjust differently. I was starting to have 2nd thoughts about going on, but I think I have come this far I must make this a life change.

Are you feeling better, are your clothes fitting better, and have you got more energy. The scales can be harmful sometimes and I think just go by how you feel. It will pass and you will start dropping.

Keep at it girl, if I can you can :-)
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Apr-02-04, 09:11
PuertoRican Princess

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 299/236/135 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 38%

Try upping your fat sweetie.

Load up on olive oil, butter, mayo, coconut oil. That's how I've been doing it and you know I've been doing.

Hugs,
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Apr-02-04, 15:49

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 246/198/150 Female 62inches
BF:

Falling off means gaining back the pounds you lost plus some for your binge.