Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Nov-04-06, 15:10

Plan: Have not started Yet
Stats: 189/176/125 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 20%
Smile Hello I am new here

My Name is Patty. I am wanting to loose weight. But finding it Hard to do. I am trying to figure out what Low Carb Foods are. I also want to become a healthier Person all around.

I have a treadmill, stepper, Yoga Mate, and Ball to exersize with so I think in that area I am pretty well set. I have tryed many diets and have gotten No place.

Is there a list of low carb foods out there that one should use? Any advice would be great.

I think I will also look into starting a journal here I believe I seen one in the forum someplace.

Any Advice you have about ways to loss would also be great.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Nov-04-06, 15:16
Kerry

Plan: WW/Atkins
Stats: 368/266.5/199 Female 5'1
BF:M.O./O/chunky
Progress: 60%

Hi Patty welcome and good luck on your Journey!
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Nov-04-06, 15:51

Plan: Atkins OWL
Stats: 296/178/150 Female 5'5"
BF:Much less
Progress: 81%

Hello and welcome! There are lists of foods for EACH different low carb program. It's not a program that we can just give you a list of foods and you are good to go. You need to read a book or three before you can possibly make this a way of life. Go to the library and check out several and read until you find the program that you think will work for you. It's the only way. To get an overview, the best book is "Living the Low Carb Life--From Atkins to The Zone" by Jonny Bowden. It outlines 14 of the most popular plans and has tons of info on low carb and general weight loss. He has a very easy to understand way of writing. Good luck!

Sunny!
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Nov-04-06, 19:33

Plan: Meat, Fat, Water
Stats: 430/418/350 Male 6'4"
BF:
Progress: 15%

Welcome

I agree with the above comments read as much as you can and then choose the program that works best for you!
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Nov-05-06, 11:25

Plan: Have not started Yet
Stats: 189/176/125 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 20%
Smile Hello I am New Here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyCarol
Hello and welcome! There are lists of foods for EACH different low carb program. It's not a program that we can just give you a list of foods and you are good to go. You need to read a book or three before you can possibly make this a way of life. Go to the library and check out several and read until you find the program that you think will work for you. It's the only way. To get an overview, the best book is "Living the Low Carb Life--From Atkins to The Zone" by Jonny Bowden. It outlines 14 of the most popular plans and has tons of info on low carb and general weight loss. He has a very easy to understand way of writing. Good luck!

Sunny!

Thank you so much for your help I will look into the books that you have suggested.