Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Oct-26-06, 11:47

Plan: atkins
Stats: 246/238/170 Female 5'`10
BF:
Progress:
Default Just recently started low carb again

Hello everyone! I'm new to this forum. I used to do the low carb diet before and I didn't have much success. I friend of mine talked me into trying it again. I've been doing it now for about two months or so. I'm not seeing a weight loss but seem to be seeing a slight difference in the way my clothing is fitting. Is this normal? I think I'm doing everything right but I'd love to see those pounds go down. Anyone have the same problem? Thanks I also forgot to mention that I'm on anti inflammitory meds and I've heard that this can make it difficult to have a successful loss.

Last edited by lanag : Thu, Oct-26-06 at 12:20.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Oct-26-06, 11:57

Plan: Atkins' OWL
Stats: 294/237.6/149 Female 5'8"
BF:oodles
Progress: 39%

It's common to lose inches in weeks you may not be losing much weight, so some balance between these two results is normal. If you've read the book and can be sure of your eating, you probably just need a little patience to get you over the rough spots. That can be tough I know, but just think where you can be this time next year. Welcome to the forums!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Oct-26-06, 12:11

Plan: Low Carb Style
Stats: 155/130/122 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 76%

Atkins explains this is completely normal.

I wondering if you're going to give it a fair shot since your friend talked you into it.
You wont be disapointed if you're prepared. THere is a lot of informed information and advice on this forum, so if you have any questions...ask away.
Good Luck
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Oct-26-06, 12:15

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 156/146.8/139 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 54%

Perhaps if you post a menu someone here can offer some advice? Are you drinking lots of water? Exercising? Eating enough fat? Eating enough overall?

We're happy to help!

Julie
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Oct-26-06, 14:35

Plan: Atkins/General LC
Stats: 352/320/150 Female 5ft 7in
BF:Yikes!
Progress: 16%

Welcome to the forum!!!
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Oct-27-06, 11:38
Registered Member

Stats: 310/270.2/200 Male 5 ft 9 in
BF:
Progress: 36%
Default Throw your scales away!

My advice is to throw your scales away and not replace them for at least 6 months. I hate the scales ... they are my enemy. Their is nothing more discouraging than expecting them to be lower and finding they havn't budged or they have moved in the wrong direction. Instead, keep eating the right foods and verifying your intake with what your book says you can have.
My wife will not allow me to physically throw them away but I have refused to use them.
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Oct-29-06, 23:30

BF:
Progress:

Thank you for the reply. I seriously have thought about getting rid of them. How long have you been on this plan? How fast did your weight go down. I know I shouldn't compare myself to other people but I was just wondering if other people have had as slow a start as I am having. I work with a girl who lost so much so quickly. I do take anti inflammitory pills and I'm trying to get off of those but I don't know if I can keep it up or not. I've probably only lost like five or seven pounds in six weeks. Isn't that crazy?
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Oct-30-06, 05:50
Registered Member

Stats: 194/164/155 Female 5 ft 5inch
BF:
Progress:

yes it could be the pills, dr atkins say in his book all about diffrent pills that can sow you down with weight loss.
but some people do see that there pants are geting loser, and that sure is a great feeling, you hang in there girl, give it some time, your body has to get use to your new way of life, good luck to you .
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Oct-30-06, 07:13
Registered Member

Stats: 184.5/180.4/135 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 8%

Hi Lanag,

Welcome!

I lost quickly last time but am going super slow this time. I think the chocolate and chips that got me back up to my old weight might be making my body think that this nice, healthy l/c diet is a fast

They tell me, it can take a while for your metabolism to come to terms if you have been a yo-yo dieter. Hang in.

And starting a journal can be a great help.

See you 'round.
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Oct-30-06, 07:36

BF:
Progress:

Thank you so much for letting me know that I'm not alone. I'm feeling better about everything this morning. I'm not ready to quit yet by far. I just finished my scrambled eggs with cheese and salsa. Yummy!! I love feeling so much more in control. Good luck to you too. Have a great day.
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Oct-30-06, 07:37

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 278/265/190 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 15%

Good Morning Lanag

I agree with the other ladies about the scale. I was also hooked to the scale and the ketones stick. I was carrying them around in my purse at one point. Look at your body and learn and love it and watch how your clothes fit and follow the book..You will loose...Keep your head up!
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Oct-30-06, 17:16

BF:
Progress:

My day turned out pretty good. I got ready to go to the grocery store and to my surprise I could fit into a pair of pants that I couldn't even fasten before. I was feeling a little bit prettier today. It makes me want to keep on going!!!!!!!!!
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Oct-30-06, 17:25
Registered Member

Stats: 184.5/180.4/135 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 8%

Go girl!!

That's fantastic! I'm so pleased for you.
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Oct-30-06, 17:49

BF:
Progress:

Thanks Sharon
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Oct-30-06, 17:51
Registered Member

Stats: 194/164/155 Female 5 ft 5inch
BF:
Progress:

good going , it sure make you feel good when those pant are fiting better . i did ok so far today .i walk 30 rounds today, it felt good to do it. and i have been good with my food, as i said so far, the night is not over yet, but i am not going to eat any more tonight, i will just make my self a cup od green tea. nice to talk with you all