Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Tue, Sep-23-14, 16:33

Plan: atkins 20
Stats: 127.6/111/110 Female 5' 2"
BF:
Progress: 94%

Hi locarb6avr, thanks for the suggestion, but that just sounds wrong, I can't do that. I have a huge problem with my OH, I have written about him in the past, he thinks that LC is ridiculous and he would really got off the deep end if I ate only almonds for 3 days then beef for 3 days, plus I don't like the idea either. I like my variety, I will hang in for a few more days with the reduced protein, increased fat. Thanks
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Wed, Sep-24-14, 06:59

BF:

Good Morning, here is a great big thank you for all of you that let me whine, I may not be done by the way...however, this morning that dirty rotten scale was down 1 pound, thank you...maybe this is going to work, confession, I could not stand it and last night I ate an oz of cheese .
  #63   ^
Old Wed, Sep-24-14, 07:23

Plan: Atkins/Taubes
Stats: 270/168/160 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 93%

It seems like your body is where it wants to be. Anything past that will be a fight between what you want and what it wants. Doable, but not worth stressing or losing sleep over. Particularly since both of those cam hinder loss.
  #64   ^
Old Wed, Sep-24-14, 08:18
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDH
It seems like your body is where it wants to be. Anything past that will be a fight between what you want and what it wants. Doable, but not worth stressing or losing sleep over. Particularly since both of those can hinder loss.

I heartily agree with this!

If you think this is hard now, if/when you do get to where you wish to be, it'll be near impossible to stay there and be comfortable with your food intake.
The way I see this is, you are already in maintenance and this 3-4 lb. swing is your maintenance weight level.
  #65   ^
Old Wed, Sep-24-14, 14:20

BF:

A quick question for others that use MY PLAN, am I suppose to have it set to do PECC or fiber count?? not sure I understand that?
  #66   ^
Old Sun, Oct-19-14, 07:07

Plan: ketogenic
Stats: 115/111/110 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereBear
So there IS something you want more than those four pounds

I'm not saying dropping the caffeine will make a difference; some find that is so, others not. But really, dropping those last four pounds means doing some extreme things, the way body builders cut fat for competitions, and that could mess you up a lot more than the four pounds.

Remember, you do weigh more on low carb. The only adjustments needed might be your head.

That is very interesting, I've never heard that before. What is the science/explanation behind that? I have noticed that in the past I was able to get to 108, by cutting out white products, although I still ate wheat bread, wheat pasta, drastically cut sugar consumption and would eat a sweet potato VS a white potato. Now that I am low carb (no grains or sugar) I can't get below 112. I am 5' 2 1/2". In fact, I recently put on 2#, so I am adjusting my fat intake to slightly less.
  #67   ^
Old Mon, Oct-20-14, 11:31

Plan: My own plan
Stats: 220/126/132 Male 65in
BF:
Progress: 107%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyMC
That is very interesting, I've never heard that before. What is the science/explanation behind that? I have noticed that in the past I was able to get to 108, by cutting out white products, although I still ate wheat bread, wheat pasta, drastically cut sugar consumption and would eat a sweet potato VS a white potato. Now that I am low carb (no grains or sugar) I can't get below 112. I am 5' 2 1/2". In fact, I recently put on 2#, so I am adjusting my fat intake to slightly less.

If one converts diet from other non low carb to low carb, one can easily lose 10+ lbs within weeks and vice versa.
Then one will regain some lbs from micros.
Next, and continue low carb, one is losing fat really.
There is not much improvement one can do except drastic measure.
Finally, one's body will reach "balance" which sometimes we call it "stall".
If one stalls for years, than that is it.
Move one and enjoy one's healthy life and other stuff.
  #68   ^
Old Mon, Oct-20-14, 15:21

Plan: ketogenic
Stats: 115/111/110 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by locarb4avr
If one converts diet from other non low carb to low carb, one can easily lose 10+ lbs within weeks and vice versa.
Then one will regain some lbs from micros.
Next, and continue low carb, one is losing fat really.
There is not much improvement one can do except drastic measure.
Finally, one's body will reach "balance" which sometimes we call it "stall".
If one stalls for years, than that is it.
Move one and enjoy one's healthy life and other stuff.

I really appreciate you taking the time to explain that to me, thank you!