Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Nov-13-01, 07:44
Everyday Sane Psycho

Plan: Bernstein, Keto IFast
Stats: 385/253/160 Female 67.5
BF:14d bsl 400/122/83
Progress: 59%
Cool Why I want to be smaller

I want to go on a rollar coaster with someone. I don't fit right in the cars and last time I tried, I couldn't breath and another person couldn't sit next to me. So that is my goal. I'm going to try every 50lbs to see if I can "fit".
Do you have any reasons?

Last edited by Lessara : Tue, Nov-13-01 at 11:33.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Nov-13-01, 20:50

Plan: Careful Low Carb Plan
Stats: 335/295/180 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 26%
Thumbs up Reasons to Lose That Weight!

Hi there Lessara,
I love your name. I've never heard of it before. I too have had that embarrassing realization, when you realize you don't fit quite right.
I look forward to not worrying if I will break that chair. Especially in the summer when people always offer their folding chairs to you. And you make up excuses why you don't need to sit down.
I look forward to not feeling like I'm being stared at because I'm large.
I look forward to feeling as young as I am, instead of feeling older than my years.
I look forward to doing more active outings with my children, like hiking and biking.
I look forward to having people know me as Vicky, not the FAT friend. I will be known as the one who overcame, rather than the one who was defeated by FAT.
I look forward to wearing summer clothes in public. I will never be one to show too much skin, but to be able to wear shorts in public sounds wonderful.
Well, there's just a few. I could go on. But mostly I want to be healthy and have my kids be proud of me. Victoria
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Nov-14-01, 10:51

Plan: Dr. R. Atkins
Stats: 325/?????/170
BF:
Progress: 23%

Friends:

First of all Lessara - (sorry if I mispelled your name) - it is A Thin Me! You have made GREAT STRIDES -- SUPER ACCOMPLISHMENTS in your attempt at this WOL.
Really -- you at what you have lost. You will get to where you want to be. I look to you as inspiration......... don't give up or beat yourself up....

Victoria - I do not know how long you have been on the program but you too will end up being a winner!!! I see myself on all of the situations you have listed plus I have a few of my own.

I am still on Atkins Induction -- it is hard and I tell you, I get mad and frustrated and my brain says give up. I have not weighed myself or measured and I am going to wait until AFTER Induction to see.

But please do not become defeated. Don't run to food to make things better unless it is LC, of course, but treat yourself to something small - cheapie nail polish or a CD or something. This is better than food.

Thinking of you,

A Thin Me!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Nov-14-01, 12:28
Everyday Sane Psycho

Plan: Bernstein, Keto IFast
Stats: 385/253/160 Female 67.5
BF:14d bsl 400/122/83
Progress: 59%
Smile A thin Me

You are so sweet to compliment us like you did.
Its sharing information, thoughts, and dreams that makes this board such an inspiration, it really is.
I haven't thought of once (Although I've only been LCing for a few months) of stopping LCing.
Thank you for your own inspiration
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Nov-14-01, 14:19

Plan: Careful Low Carb Plan
Stats: 335/295/180 Female 5'6"
BF:
Talking Motivation

Hey A Thin Me!
Thank you for the encouragement. Right back at you I am not on Atkins, but I've heard folks mention it on the postings. It's always hard when you first begin. But when you see the inches start to fall off, the motivation begins. I have been Low Carbing for 4 months. This is the only time I've felt that I have hope in getting this weight off. I've been getting larger ever since my second child was born in 84, so I'm thrilled that I've finally found the answer to why I've gained so much weight. And how to lose it. That's the key.
I remember the first month or so I wasn't sure if this was going to work. I had to go into the doctor's office to weigh myself because my scale wouldn't work with my size. I had only lost 7 lbs. in a month and a half. But I felt like I had lost 20, because my clothes were getting baggy. So I didn't let that discourage me and I kept on keeping on. Besides 7 lbs. is 7lbs., if I did that every month I would lose over 50 lbs. in a year. Now it's been 4 months and I'm at 45lbs.!!!! So keep going! You can do it too!!! Victoria
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Nov-15-01, 16:56

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 296/278/179 Female  5'8
BF:
Progress: 15%

I think I want to be healthy more than I want to be smaller. I just want this OVER. I've struggled with weight since I was 13. It's time.

But all the reasons everyone has given are very good ones. I guess I look at them as welcome side effects.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Nov-16-01, 03:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 244/218/144
BF:48/42.3/22

I flew to Las Vegas last July...I barely fit in the seat...I am going again next October...I want to fit into that seat comfortably....I also want to buy some really sexy clothes to wear while I am there...and take tons of pics too. At the rate that I am going, I will not be at goal by then...but surely I will fit into the seat, and some nice clothes.
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Nov-16-01, 16:15

Plan: Predominantly Atkins
Stats: 320/260/145
BF:
Progress: 34%

Hello, all - my third post to this board.

I can relate to all above. I did low carb for about a year before, and lost nearly 85 lbs, getting down to 235. However, since going off the low carb, I'm back at 260, and figure I'd better get back on track and do what WORKS before I gain it all back.

I want to be able to do all those things - ride a roller coaster without embarassment, or sit in a plane seat in comfort, or ride a ride at the fair (see the long thread for that story - my "aha" moment), or wear summer clothes (especially a swimsuit in public *gasp*).

I'm SOOOO glad I found this group and there is inspiration here!!!

Shalom,
Sh'ra