Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jul-29-17, 10:23

Plan: Not sure yet
Stats: 160/152/140 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default Here because you're inspiring and kind

Hi all,

I've tried a couple of variations of LC eating a handful of times over the last ten years or so, but never manage to stick with it. Sometimes I give up after two weeks, sometimes after four. Sometimes I try again for a few days, or even one day, and just can't do it. I think I usually give in when I'm feeling stressed out about things. I'm not even sure I'm going to give it another try, but I've read lots on these particular forums in the past, and everyone is so supportive with each other and inspirational with their successes, that I thought I'd try starting a journal and see if that helps. (I've tried journals in the past, too, so that won't alone be enough. But maybe this time will be different?)

My user name has maybe a Scottish ring to it, but I'm not Scottish, it's just an almost anagram of my birth town. :-) And KL are my real life first and middle initials.

Thanks for your inspiration over years! :-)

AeKeenLass
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jul-29-17, 11:32

Plan: LCHF, IF
Stats: 265/210/135 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 42%

Hi, AeKeenLass. Welcome! What worked for me was getting rid of everything carby in the house. Give it away, donate it, toss it in the trash, or eat it yourself. then buy all the foods you're going to need to stay low-carb. When that's all there is in the house, more than likely that's what you'll eat. You can do it!

Meg
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jul-29-17, 11:56

Plan: atkins 20
Stats: 127.6/111/110 Female 5' 2"
BF:
Progress: 94%

Hi KL, welcome, you have come to the right place, there is tons of support here, we will help, we will encourage, we will tough love if necessary, sometimes you have to ask, we will never judge, we will never criticize, we have ALL been there, still are on this journey, together we are strong, so happy to have you along. I journal, 'cause sometimes it helps me vent, sometimes I just love to visit, it is a safe and knowledgeable site, stop by sometime, and remember, one day at a time. ttyl
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jul-29-17, 12:36

BF:

Hi Meg, nice to meet you! Thanks for your suggestion, that's definitely the route I'd take, but I've got three growing kiddos, so for now, I'm going to have to work on resistance. :-) I do occasionally try to stop buying sugar, at least, but then eventually someone wants to make an apple pie, or brownies, or scones and since I loved baking as a kid, I end up helping them out. I do think about how it's probably setting them up for the same carb-dependence, especially the sugary baked goods (as opposed to carby veggies, e.g.), but for whatever reason, I haven't been able to go against our culture in that area.

I hope your journey is going well. I am inspired by what you've achieved so far!!
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Jul-29-17, 14:04

BF:

Hi Zoogirl, thank you for the welcome, too. :-) I'm hoping I get to where I'm ready to make a commitment to this again. I think I've kind of reached the conclusion that I can't do it, and I don't want to go through the whole cycle again. I'm hoping hanging out here will help me get passed that and ready to try again.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Jul-29-17, 15:45

Plan: atkins 20
Stats: 127.6/111/110 Female 5' 2"
BF:
Progress: 94%

Hey Kl, I can relate to what you are saying, so, here is the thing, if carbs are the problem and I am assuming they are, you need to be here, getting your head around being mentally ready is the first challenge, imo..

I won't bore you with the whole L O N G story, but the first time I did this and successfully, I thought I was getting a quick fix and I would just go back to "regular" once I reached goal, so that is what I did, fast forward 2 yrs and guess what here I am again. hey, live and learn..i can't go back and you may not be able to either. It is hard, no question, it takes planning, it take determination, but just like anything else, after you do it for a while you get good...

Wyo Diva is one of our favs around here, she is an inspiration, her signature says " Dieting is hard, being fat is hard, choose your hard"

Hope you hang in, remember no one expects miracles, one day at a time, ttyl
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Jul-30-17, 14:29

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 255/255/160 Female 66
BF:
Progress:

I'm new so I really can't help. I hope you do great though.
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Jul-30-17, 21:56

BF:

Hi Tammy, nice to meet you. I just nearly posted the same thing on your thread. :-) Well, hopefully we both figure this out!