Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Main dishes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Sep-06-03, 19:25

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 175/159.6/140 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 44%
Default Low Carb Stuffed Cabbage Rolls

Here is my version of low carb Stuffed Cabbages:

3 Medium-large Heads of Cabbage
6 pounds of Ground Beef
1 pkt of Lipton Golden Onion Soup
2-3 Large cans of Hunts diced tomatoes (drained) (35 grams of carbs in each can so use it wisely)
whole onion rings (optional)
1 jar of REAL bacon bits
3 large packets of shredded chedder cheese

(3 large casserole pans)
(3 large pots)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees

Cut out cabbage hearts and place in pots of water on stove. Boil each head for 15 minutes. Remove from water and let cool for another 15 minutes.

In separate bowl combine ground beef with dried soup, 1 can of tomatoes, bacon bits and 1 packet of the shredded cheese and put in anything else that is low carb and suits your fancy!

Removing one cabbage leaf at a time, scoop ground beef into leaf and roll leaf till it encloses the ground beef. After all leaves are rolled and placed into your casserole pans, top them with canned tomatoes, shredded cheese, and whole onion rings.

Cover with foil and bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until the meat is browned.

This is my favorite low carb meal and I didn't even like or eat cabbage until I met my fiance who is Polish. I made this from a variation of another recipe. I am not an expert at writing recipes and you can make any variation that you want. I even made sloppy joe mix in with the ground beef once because I was missing sloppy joes. You can add a jar of cooked mushrooms to the ground beef too or any other veggies you want. You make it how you like it. I make it different almost every time. I don't know the carb count, but each large can of the tomatoes are a total of 35 grams.

This feeds enough for me to eat 3 large cabbage rolls for 5 days straight and give some away to my fiance and my daughter. They both love them LOTS!! Anyway, you get the gist....Enjoy!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jul-21-04, 01:36

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 210/189/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 30%

This recipe sounds phenomenal. I've been searching for something like this. I might try it with ricotta cheese, since I just happen to have some of that handy.