Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

View comments Article tools
A Tribute: How has Dr Atkins positively affected your life?
Posted by Talon
Posted Sun, Apr-20-03
Female 64 inches (5' 4'')
Plan: Atkins
Stats: 242/203.5/140
BF:
Progress: 38%
Default A Tribute: How has Dr Atkins positively affected your life?

When my husband first mentioned the Atkins diet - I told him that he must be out of his ever-loving mind! But being the analytical person I am, I had to investigate. Dr Atkins reasoning seemed very logical, even if it went against the norm.

So off we went on the Atkins diet. It lasted for about 7 months. We got bored with the diet and decided to go off. But because Dr. Atkins kept getting the word out to more and more people - we tried it again - this time armed with low carb recipes.

It has now been 15 months on this way of eating, and I don't see myself stopping. This is the way I eat. Period.

During these 15 months, I have lost almost 70 pounds, my skin has cleared up, and I have more energy than I have had since I was in my teens! My blood pressure is wonderful, my cholesterol is excellent. In short, I believe Dr Atkins has helped to improve and extend my life. I will always be grateful to this man.

Thank you Dr. Atkins. You are my hero.
Article tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Success Photos
Before
Not uploaded yet
In-Progress
Not uploaded yet
After
Not uploaded yet

by liz175 on Sun, Apr-20-03, 09:42

Dr. Atkins saved my life. I was loosing my mobility, my blood pressure was shooting up, and I had tried and failed on a variety of lowfat diets, when I found Atkins last July. My quality of life was diminishing because of my weight and I was heading to an early death. In nine months, I have lost 80 pounds and reversed the direction my life was going in. I can now walk for miles, my blood pressure is normal without medication, and I have more energy than I have had in 20 years. I still have a lot of weight to lose, but I have turned a corner and I know now that I can do it. Thank you Dr. Atkins!

2 comments [read all comments]