Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jul-19-02, 19:30

Plan: basic LC
Stats: 200/150.5/130 Female 65"
BF:46.3//???
Progress: 71%
Default need a buddy

Hi, I'm still a newbie. Today is day 6 for me but things are going really great so far. I'm over the bad side effects and charging on full steam ahead. Would love to have a buddy. or 2 or more!!!! especially for next week when I will start excercising. That is something I'm really not looking forward to. It is so hot here right now and my equipment is all in my garage. However I am determined!!! Would love to hear from anyone and everyone!
Have a great LC night all!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jul-21-02, 20:16

Plan: pregnancy
Stats: 235/212/165
BF:
Progress: 33%

hello, you and i started around the same time, i am on day 5, of course it is night time so i guess it is almost day 6... i am glad things are going well for you, yah working out can be a pain, i started really doing it when i started induction, a trial at times, but i try to stick to it. i wouldn't mind having a buddy to talk to either... anyway good luck
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jul-22-02, 11:10

hello buddy! I am now on day 10 ( i had to count cause it doesn't seem like that long!) so were real close. glad everything is starting out good for you. my only lingering problem is getting to sleep and I think that's mostly because I'm just a night person trying to function in a day persons world!! I'm putting off my exercise for a few more days (until 2 weeks are down) just so my energy is leveled out and I don't get frustrated and give up working out altogether. I used to love to walk but now as soon as i get to the end of my driveway i'm ready to go back in the house!
Great to meet you, keep up the good work!!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jul-22-02, 11:51

BF:

i love to walk, just can't seem to go as far as i used to... well that has been for awhile, ever since i gained more weight... another problem i have it is so danged hot here... i mean the humidity is enough to send me back to my air conditioned home, which thankfully the military pays for... i think i have it set at the coldest it goes... well maybe not. i have to thank everyone for paying taxes so i can be comfortable... i am a native to MN so i am not used to hot... i love cold, well not too cold, anyway i am babbling
i finally got a bike, so i do that every day for 20 minutes and two walks a day for 20 minutes, my daughter loves it...
yay day 10!! i can't wait till i get there... i want to be able to add in a tiny bit of berries or something... has been hard living w/o them. but i am not weighing myself till two weeks is up, i get disapointed easily, and i feel good so i don't want to quit cuz of a stupid scale... anyway i am very glad to talk to you, sorry i bable and talk a lot... i have been stuck with just a two year old for company for the most part of my days... don't get me wrong, i love my child more than anything, but i need to talk hehe
have a good day...
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jul-22-02, 13:39

I really admire your resolve not to weigh but once every 2 weeks. I check every morning and on like day 2 my scales said I had lost 8 lbs. I was so happy I was in tears, then I checked again and it said I had gained 1 not lost 8. It really is funny cause I knew better in the first place but my heart was pounding when it said I had lost 8!!!!! but I check every morning and I'm restraining myself by only checkin once a day and i'm o k with whatever it says b/c I know I feel sooooo much better. I haven't taken any sinus pills in a week and I used to eat them like candy and I haven't had heartburn in a week!!! (water used to give me heartburn) and I don't feel like I need a nap every waking hour of my day. So those things there tell me I am doing something good for my body and even though I'd love for all these pounds to just melt off overnight my main goal is to feel healthier and not so down all the time. Any way I'm off to work, sorry to ramble so long...
Have a fantastic evening and I will talk to you tom. night!
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jul-23-02, 07:46

BF:

well i went to a BBQ last night, when i went in to use the restroom, and they had a scale, i was so tempted, but i used every ounce of self control i have and did not step on it... i think i will actually weigh every week though, just for the stats thing. i really am dreading doing it, cuz i am afraid of being disapointed if it doesn't say i have lost. i have also cut out the naps during the day... i used to live for the nap when my daughter goes down... but this last week i havn't taken one. well actually i did on sunday, but that was because we were up really late saturday and got up early sunday, and it is the only day my hubby is home so we just like to relax. the only thing about walking though, is it has been raining here, so i gotta do my bike... i have gotten better at it, the first day i did it, i thought i would pass out from the pain of not working those muscles much before... but it has gotten better.
i hope you have a good day!
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jul-23-02, 17:32

hello hello!!
Congrats on avoiding the scale monster!!!! and to me too b/c I didn't weigh today. As long as I resist the urge to weigh 1st thing when I get up I'm good for the day b/c I know you get heavier as the day on (or at least that's my theory) so I'm not as tempted after the first hour or so. Good for you on the bike too. I've really got to get myself psyched up for working out. I'm on my feet all day at work and when I get home the last thing I want to do is...well...anything actually! And I know what you mean about feeling like passing out too, I've got a treadmill but I'm better off to walk outside cause then at least I have to walk back and I can't just give up and push the stop button! I don't need naps anymore either and I feel so much better in the mornings (or whenever I get up sometimes it's closer to noon) now than I have in forever. I don't go straight to the couch and lay back down anymore!! I'm not going to weigh until Sat. that will be my 2 week point. And then I'm going to make myself do something active, plus that's my only day off this week Think I'm gonna try this beef stroganoff receipe I found for dinner, wish me luck!!!~Auntie
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jul-23-02, 19:18

BF:

well good for you, saturday is a good goal... i probalby will weigh tomorrow, that is my one week mark... i should wait two, but on my other journal thing through atkins it has weekly weigh ins... well i don't usually feel like passing out due to tiredness when walking, a lot of it is the heat...and humidity...yuck!!!
i usually get up in the morning with my hubby at 6am, i try to get stuff done before my kid gets up at 8:30, but sometimes i lay back down... depends on how i feel, i should work out though, would help me loose faster probably. but hey if i don't feel good, then i suppose i shouldn't push myself, and i tend to feel icky if i don't get enough sleep.
yah i need some new stuff to eat too, can't wait till i can even have more fruit that will be great!
i also want to get to the maintenence so i can perhaps get pregnant... that would be cool too, my kid will be two in sept, i don't want kids too far apart... anyway i am on line with my sister, guess i will go talk to her... have a good night, and a good morning!
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Jul-23-02, 20:15

Good luck with your weigh in, I'm excited for you.
~Auntie
P.S.
stroganoff was YUM-MY
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Jul-24-02, 08:04

BF:

well first i have to get a scale, but i will probably wait to weigh till tomorrow morning, so i can weigh in the morning, although it probably doesn't make that much difference.
hopefully it won't discourage me... i am trying to tell myself it doesn't matter, as long as i feel good. but you know how that goes when you want to see that number go down really fast...
anyway, i hope you are having a good morning
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Jul-24-02, 08:54

Well I'm off to work just popped in to say good morning . Just remember when you do weigh that you don't want to loose to much to fast. If something seems to good to be true it is. Some people only loose 4 ibs or so in the first two weeks and if that's the case you may just want to extend your induction a little longer (I've been reading the book obviously)I've decided to stick with my induction indefinately, I don't miss the fruit and stuff that bad and I feel soooo much better. It's great to see the scale drop but you have to weigh how you feel in there too. Are your clothes fitting any better? I think you've been doing a GREAT job and should never let the numbers discourage you. On that note I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you and I can't wait to hear your results. I would wait until morning though. Keep up the good work and have a wonderful day
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Jul-24-02, 10:59

BF:

yah i deffinatly think i will wait for morning... i have no clue if my clothes fit better, all my clothes are baggy, alwasy have been, i like them to be loose, hides the figure better.
i am still slightly struggling with the cals... i don't think i am getting enough....but i figured out how to get 2000 in w/o changing too much
the only problem with staying on induction longer is that i want to get pregnant, i want to be in better shape first, hence changing my WOL... last time i was pregnant i lost 15 pounds in the first month or so...wish it was that easy now... oh well slowly but surely.
anyway thanks for the support, i really appreciate it
i hope your day goes well... have a good one at work
ann
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Jul-24-02, 17:45

Work was boring. I wondered today if you had decided to weigh or wait till morning.......I managed to avoid it again this morning (2 more days) now I'm starting to dread weighing cause I'm gonna be disappointed if all I've lost in 2 weeks is 4 lbs. That's better than gaining but my goal is around 3 lbs a week. Which is why I need to exercise but it is so Yucky hot here. B/f and I have talked about playing tennis but he's sick this week. At least I'm on my feet and walking all day at work, that's better than nada. You will have your hands full with a 3 yr old and a newborn (lots of exercise). My nephew is almost 18 mos. and he can wear me out in one afternoon but I love having him here. Got to find something for dinner I just dropped the whole %$#^%%&* bowl of leftover stroganoff in the carpet (nice). Can't wait to hear your results!
Keep up the good work~Auntie
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Jul-24-02, 20:23

BF:

yah i bought a new digital scale today, am hoping it is more accurate then the other kind... we'll see, so i will slowly step on it in the morning and hope for the best, hey as long as i have lost, even only a pound is better than nothing or gaining.
that's too bad about dumping that on the carpet... no fun at all.
well i think i found a good menu to follow, i can't wait till i can add a lil fruit... i love fruit, i can live without the other stuff. i also want more veggies, i hate eating other stuff. like eggs hehe
anyway i will tell ya in the morning how it goes... wish me luck
and have a good night
ann
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Jul-24-02, 21:21

uggghh i am so mad. i ended up making chili for dinner with no beans and the can on the tom sauce and the chilies said one carb count and fitday said one much higher and I didn't think about the spices until after and so I am at 28 carbs. Then I panicked and got on the scale which says I have gained 2 lbs. I know better than to weigh at night. I've drank over a gallon of water today I should have never checked the scale. so now I am bummed and disgusted. Yuck yuck yuck. oh well you live and learn.....beware of chili powder and paprika......