Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jul-15-10, 19:45

Plan: Carnivore/IF
Stats: 346/298/248 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 49%
Default The Low Glycemic Diet....Any Experiences?

I have been trying to find a lower carb approach that is better suited for me, I have been doing Atkins on and off now for some time now, and it works but I have some effects from it that are hard for me to fix. I have been reading up on the glycemic index and I was wondering if anyone could give some advice...Thank you very much
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jul-16-10, 08:53

Plan: Carnivore/IF
Stats: 346/298/248 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 49%

Any advice would be really helpful!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Aug-11-10, 20:32

Plan: atkins-ish
Stats: 398/391/299 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 7%

Hello X-Carber:

I don't know if you are still out there...your post is a month old, but for more info on people's experiences with the Low GI Diet here is a link to a thread: http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...=glycemic+index

For what it's worth, I LOVE the GI Diet...I never felt hungry or deprived and I felt like I was eating really healthy and balanced...I LOVED going to the grocery store and felt so proud of the healthy foods I was eating (vs. my normal eating AND the Atkins diet) Just the amount of fresh fruit and veggies I was eating made me feel awesome and I had tons of energy.

I think it is the best plan for me...unfortunately, i have a HUGE problem with sugar and that always throws me off and gets me all twisted and off track.

I do have to say though that when I'm on plan...there is nothing better than the feeling of a nectarine satisfying my sweet craving! I feel like a NORMAL HUMAN BEING.

If you have questions feel free to contact me.

Best of luck!

Star
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Feb-20-11, 20:51

Plan: No plan, Doc's advice
Stats: 161/150/125 Female 5ft 2in
BF:
Progress:

The glycemic index is really a fantastic way to gauge how "healthy" the foods you choose really are. I high glycemic index means your body burns the calories slower and absorbs more nutrients. You'll have more sustained energy with healthier food choices. Lots of vegetables, fresh fruit, whole grains, and other complex carbs in moderation are the basics of a good GI diet. It works, too. You can increase your protein intake right along with it. The increased fiber in your diet will move things right along.