Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#361   ^
Old Wed, Feb-27-08, 10:19

Plan: lowcarb hybrid
Stats: 185/150/144 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 85%

Okay, I was really reluctant to try these again after the awful ones I made back in the 90s that used cottage cheese. The container the eggs came in would have tasted better. But the oopsie rolls are FANTASTIC! They came out right, even the first time, even with a bit of egg yolk in the whites. I am so happy. I actually like them better when they've been in the fridge for a day or two. I heat them up in the toaster oven or spread one side with butter and grill them lightly in a nonstick pan-- wonderful. And filling too.

Probaby coincidence, but since I started making these a 3 month stall has broken. I've lost a pound a day for the last three days, even. Maybe they're a good luck charm.
Sponsored Links
  #362   ^
Old Wed, Feb-27-08, 10:24

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/169/150 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 73%

Made me a sausage, egg, and cheese this morning. It was great!!!! I am so excited because out of all foods I miss, I miss breakfast foods. What is also funny is that I couldnt even eat the whole thing becasue I was full after a few bites!!! I love this WOE!!!
  #363   ^
Old Wed, Feb-27-08, 10:45
Great seller! A+++++

Plan: mine
Stats: 123/456/789 Female 2'3"
BF:
Progress: 50%

cathos-- I'm not sure why, but some folks claim oopsies help them to lose weight. I wonder if the protein and fat in the oopsies are self-limiting for that reason.

I am so glad you like them! They have been a lifesaver for me.

shirley-- I can't even get through an entire sammich anymore, I'm always so full-- it's a weird, but great, feeling.
  #364   ^
Old Wed, Feb-27-08, 11:09

Plan: Atkins 92
Stats: 260/200/175 Female 72 inches
BF:Size 20/12/10
Progress: 71%

they are very filling - normally i would be hungry by now after having breakfast a couple of hours ago but I'm not even close yet. Hopefully they'll break my stall too! Mine's not even a stall anymore - it's an actual gain!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  #365   ^
Old Wed, Feb-27-08, 14:57

Plan: keto/atkins/no cow dairy
Stats: 230/217/170 Female 5" 8'
BF:
Progress: 22%

I have a question about this recipe.. is the splenda totally necessary? Anyone tried these without?
I don't have any, and I don't really like it. I tend to overuse it if I have it in the house...
Curious Cerridwen
  #366   ^
Old Wed, Feb-27-08, 15:51

Plan: Primal-ish
Stats: 212/181/150 Female 64"
BF:

I finally made my first batch, and after seeing cleochatra's blog and tips, they turned out great! I am sure I will find many uses for them, since I love(d) bread. I used 2 small ones for sandwich bread.
  #367   ^
Old Wed, Feb-27-08, 16:39

Stats: 240/214/140 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 26%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerridwen
I have a question about this recipe.. is the splenda totally necessary? Anyone tried these without?
I don't have any, and I don't really like it. I tend to overuse it if I have it in the house...
Curious Cerridwen

Hi Cerridwen!

The Splenda isn't necessary. Many people choose to make them without. They'd rather have a savory flavor than sweet.
  #368   ^
Old Wed, Feb-27-08, 20:17
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Extended Induction
Stats: 238/190.6/155.0 Female 5'4"
BF:shrinking!!!!
Progress: 57%

Made my first burger tonite. Yummy! This is gonna really help my menu's. I get so bored and that is why I kept falling off since I had the baby. Last time I did atkins I lost 60 lbs and never cheated once...got pregnant and every taste bud has changed. So this is so helpful.

Have a good nite all

Nichole
  #369   ^
Old Wed, Feb-27-08, 20:21
Think, then Eat.

Plan: LC / L-FODMAP / L-IgG
Stats: 276.4/231.7/199 Male 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 58%

I went shopping for the ingredients tonight. Tomorrow will try to make them. I'm gonna try without the Splenda first. We'll see how it goes.
  #370   ^
Old Wed, Feb-27-08, 20:24

Stats: 190/154/140 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 72%

I started getting ready to make some tonight. I got the eggs separated and the whites ready to go and realized I didn't have any cream cheese. So, I used some Mayo, then added some shredded Cheddar cheese and a tbsp of Flax meal to the yolks. They turned out really good. They have a really nice cheesy taste and are a little heavier to hold up to a burger.
There are so many things I'l like to try with these. I'll just keep experimenting
  #371   ^
Old Thu, Feb-28-08, 09:03

Plan: Atkins (DANDR)
Stats: 290/141/130 Female 65.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 93%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowjax
I'm gonna try without the Splenda first. We'll see how it goes.
With virtually all USA-origin recipes that include sweetener I find the food turns out too sweet if I use the quantities stated, so I tend to omit sweeteners if I am not making a dessert/sweet treat and reduce the sweetener by half in the sweet-type recipes.
  #372   ^
Old Thu, Feb-28-08, 09:14
Think, then Eat.

Plan: LC / L-FODMAP / L-IgG
Stats: 276.4/231.7/199 Male 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 58%

Elizellen, I've heard similar things with alot of people. One of my former co-workers was German, and when he came over to the states for a 2 week visit, he couldn't believe how sweet everything over here was. He didn't like the deserts at all, and even the soda was too sweet for him. It revealed to me how much sweetner that we use in everything on a daily basis here.
  #373   ^
Old Thu, Feb-28-08, 09:30
Great seller! A+++++

Plan: mine
Stats: 123/456/789 Female 2'3"
BF:

I honestly can't taste the Splenda, and it's fairly savory as far as rolls go (I'm sensitive to sweet, because I'm not a big fan of sweet).
  #374   ^
Old Thu, Feb-28-08, 13:54
Registered Member

Plan: PP/Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 178/137/137 Female 5'6"
BF:28%
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerridwen
Curious Cerridwen

I never use the splenda! I forgot it once, noticed it didn't taste any differently, never used it again.
  #375   ^
Old Thu, Feb-28-08, 14:02
Scottish Flower

Plan: Lighter Life
Stats: 210/171/145 Female 5ft 3 1/2
BF:no i'm married :)
Progress: 60%

I don't use any sweetener in mine normally, i did try xylitol once and will definitely use that if i plan on making any for a sweet dessert. I'm planning on making the rev roll layer cake for my hubby's birthday on St Patricks Day.