Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Australia / New Zealand
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Apr-14-02, 01:34

Plan: atkins
Stats: 110/95/70
BF:
Progress:
Smile wow...people who understand!!

HELLO!!
I have been on the atkins diet for over three months now and I find the hardest thing is explaining to those around me why I am putting cream in coffee rather than milk, and how I eat eggs and bacon but don't worry about my cholesterol.

People have been so critical of me on this diet, it has been my main struggle. Now that I have lost 15 kgs, and still going they have quiten down......but it is so good to know that you are all out there also fighting the same battle of weight!!

cheers!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Apr-14-02, 07:53

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 249/193/160
BF:
Progress: 63%
Default HI!

I so know what you are talking about!

My friends still joke about how I order coffee when we meet for coffee.

I also have lost a nice chunk of weight, and my most overweight friend still refuses to accept that the program might work. Recently she went to an OBGyn because she wants to get pregnant this year... and her new doctor told her to go locarb. Needless to say she went and got another opinion that didn't involve her having to admit that all the crap she has given me over the months was just that - crap.

On the plus side, 2 of my other friends have gone locarb and are loving the changes in their life. Maybe eventually those that continously disregard the eating program we have chosen will have to accept that this is a great way to be and all those kilo's aren't water.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Apr-14-02, 17:11
Forum Moderator

Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%
Smile

Hi Ellen, welcome to a great forum!
You've already lost 15 kilos.
Well done!!! That is just wonderful.
Ellen, have a good look around the whole site - not a lot of us use the Aussie forum regularly.
If you go to the "Research/Media Watch" forum, you will find some info there that might shut those misguided folk up. That's what I do, I blind 'em with science.

Rosebud
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Apr-14-02, 17:41

Plan: Dr Atkins
Stats: 178/145/147
BF:
Progress: 106%
Default Hi

Hi Ellen, Welcome to the forum GREAT another AUSSIE!!!! Beleive me I know all about friends and Low Carbing actually its not so much my friends but my Husband and Kids that are so critical, but I am determined to not let them get me down and prove to them that this is the best way to lose weight!!!
Good on you, see you around Marg.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Apr-15-02, 05:35

Stats: 154/138/115
BF:
Progress: 41%

Hi Ellen, I am new to this site, but not to Atkins. I just think of the health benefits and ignore the nay-sayers. You have done great so far - keep up the good work.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Apr-16-02, 06:08

Plan: atkins
Stats: 110/95/70
BF:
Progress:
Lightbulb

Thanks....it is really good to know I am not alone....and GUESS WHAT have started my Mum on it to now! She has finally realised that it is working for me, and says she is willing to give it a go........it will be so good to be around another low-carber!!

#7   ^
Old Sun, Jun-09-02, 00:04
Registered Member

Stats: 179/170/135
BF:
Progress: 20%
Smile Hello Ellen

Hi Ellen,

yep, know what you mean about those blasted people who think they know whether a diet can work or not without even trying it themselves, makes me wonder whether ignorance is really bliss! My man was very skeptical when I first started, he's since changed his tune, thank heavens!

The thing that does it for me (apart from the obvious shrinkage, clothes fitting better etc etc) is how GOOD I feel. I don't get tired after meals, or generally, and I just feel great.

Stuff all the turkeys (sorry, no pun intended) out there. I think sometimes they just don't want to see another person succeed by doing something that's not 'tried an tested'. Typical Aussie attitude I have to say (yes, I'm an Aussie, I can say it ). Still we're out here forging the way ahead and we're all with you in spirit.

Keep up the good work!

Zebidee