Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#121   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-03, 12:30

Plan: MyLCWOL
Stats: 485/366/210 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 43%

Good Morning all;

I wanted to share some things I am learning in my current trial. While on the one hand it's been hard, I never been unemployed before, on the other it's been an amazing time to draw closer to the Lord. I been reading a book by Bob Sorge "Secrets of the secret place" in addition to the bible each morning. I would highly recommend it whether or not you are going through a trial or not.

What I've learned is that trials do come. Whether they are sent directly by God or not is not the issue, he does allow them in our lives for a purpose. Mostly it's a time of pruning. Healthy plants need pruning to be able to bear more fruit. Read Heb 12, it talks about chastisement, it's really the same thing as pruning, God does it to train us not because he's mad at us.

I always wondered in James where it says we should count it all joy when we face trials. I used to think is God insane? Trials are not joyful, usually painful possibly both emotionally and physically. But I think I understand now. A trial is a sign from God that he's preparing you for a new season of fruit bearing. It's a sign that he loves you so much that he wants you to spend extra time and focus on your relationship with him.

It's so easy to get busy with ministry or working that we loose the passion in our relationship with the Lord. I think we are in a time where the Lord's passion for his bride is increasing, possibly because he's returning soon for her. I think back to the time right before I got married. Every moment away from my bride seemed an eternity. I think the Lord desire us to have the same passion for him as he has for us. So I guess I don't mind as much being unemployed, it's not easy at times, but it's a time to rest and get to know better the lover of my soul.

Regards,
Lux
Sponsored Links
  #122   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-03, 16:39

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 330/310/190 Male 5' 10
BF:
Progress:

Hi I am a christian and I would like to have a buddy too. I am 57, next month I will be married 40 years to a great friend. I have 3 sons and 9 grandchildren.
JJ
  #123   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-03, 16:58

Plan: low carb
Stats: 174/110/110 Female 5' 1"
BF:20.8
Progress: 100%

RaniSue I will pray for you and your DH that you will be use where you will do the most good, and His will be done in your lives.

Welcome Luxsit, glad you are back, you have a lot of new LC's to talk to including me. I will pray that you will get a great job that God wants you to have. His will be done in your life.

Shalizbet, God is really blessing you with your job. What a wonderful job.

Hello TxTruker, glad you found us. This is a great place to find a lot of useful information on LCing. I love it here. Nice to meet you.

God Bless Everyone Here........

Last edited by Fat : Mon, Jul-28-03 at 17:07.
  #124   ^
Old Tue, Jul-29-03, 09:04
Registered Member

Stats: 187.5/179.5/135 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 15%

Yuk! Stepped on the scale and gained a pound. - Will try to watch it a little closer today.
  #125   ^
Old Tue, Jul-29-03, 12:19

Morning everyone....Great to see all your smiling faces....LOL
CleanHeart that happens to me all the time. I just forget about it and go on like you said. I bounce around a lb or 2 all the time.....I really think I retain a lot of water.... I love to eat salty foods like my hot pork rinds.
  #126   ^
Old Tue, Jul-29-03, 17:39
Contributing Member

Plan: Zone
Stats: 150/142/136 Female 5' 5.5"
BF:30%/26%/23%
Progress: 57%

Hi, Luxsit, Enjoyed your discussion of how God uses our times of trial. I, too, have had experience of much good coming out of what appeared at first to be much that was negative. Plus, the Lord makes beauty out of my most stupid moves and mistakes.

TxTruker, Welcome to this thread. Hope to offer help and cheer and prayers for your success.

Cleanheart, That pound will depart again, I'm sure. Of the two bounce-back pounds that sneaked back onto me I have lost one again. Still waiting on the second one-----not always patiently. With my only other choice going back to all the negative food choices and feelings, I'm pretty well settled on just having to wait it out. Perhaps the Lord is building my patience and my abilities to keep my priorities straight.

Summer is such a great time for delighting in little things. I spent an hour or so yesterday picking black raspberries out of a wild tangle in the back of my yard. Didn't get all that many berries this time; the season for them is winding down. But each perfect berry is a miracle of His provision (since we didn't plant them), and working my way carefully through the patch slows and quiets me. I came away with my spirit quite soothed.

Blessings to all.
  #127   ^
Old Tue, Jul-29-03, 17:53

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 285/274/150 Female 5'9"
BF:?????
Progress: 8%

Hi, everyone. I felt that God has lead me to this
site. I have asking God to help me thru this walk I am on and to bring friends to help me along the way. I would also love to be buddies with you all. I am a mom of twin 5 yr. olds and am 35 yrs. old I just started Atkins June 1st and have lost 30 pounds and no more migrains like before. I praise God for that. I will keep all of you in my prayers.
In His hands, Hol.
  #128   ^
Old Tue, Jul-29-03, 18:26

Talking

Hello Hol....I am happy you found us. Welcome buddy. Yes our Jehovah God is a giver of love and help. It is nice to have another Christian on the forum.
Your twins must keep you busy, and always on the go....
Keep talking with us now.....
  #129   ^
Old Tue, Jul-29-03, 18:29
Contributing Member

Hi, Hol, and welcome to this thread! You have done so well on your LC program! Congratulations! Hope you will find the same good will and cheer here that I have. It's such a blessing to be able to share the Lord freely and rejoice in all the lessons He is teaching and the good things he sends our way. It's also such a boost to share our LC struggles and victories. Twins must really be a happy challenge in your life! Your new WOL will bless them as well and give them a wonderful example.

I will keep you in my prayers!
  #130   ^
Old Wed, Jul-30-03, 10:16

Hey, were did everyone go? I am doing alright except for the head pain. That is normal for me I guess. Been doing leg and weight lefts. Stomach hurt from it so I hope it is working for me. When I had a C section with my last child the doc cut me up my stomach and now I have a problem with the muscles being weak. Anyone else have that problem? Maybe you have a tip for me....
  #131   ^
Old Wed, Jul-30-03, 15:58
Registered Member

Stats: 187.5/179.5/135 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 15%

Fit & Trim: You inspire me to get out and excercise. That is my biggest weakness! Today I spent all day out in our yard vacuuming our pool and then, as if that wasn't enough, (it took 2 hours) I went and mowed the yard so my DH wouldn't have to. Here in Oklahoma it is close to 100 degrees in the shade.

Hol: Welcome to our thread. I have twin five year olds also. Are your Boys, Girls, or one of each? Mine are one of each. When I had them, I also had a 3 year old and a 5 year old. (Yes, I am DONE having kiddos!) Let's just say I went out with a Bang! They are such blessings though!

Shalizbet: Your berry picking sounds like a fun adventure. I took all my kids earlier this summer and picked blackberries & blueberries. They had a ball!

TxTruker: Welcome aboard! Always glad to have one more!
  #132   ^
Old Wed, Jul-30-03, 16:43

I lived in Stroud OK for 2 yrs. I don't want you to feel bad for my saying this but I had bad hot days there. Too much humidity, and I always felt like I was put in glue, and sour milk. I was raised in sunny Ca and down by the ocean, so when I moved to OK...I never did get used to it. My in laws on my DH side all live there. It is a beautiful state....

Last edited by Fat : Wed, Jul-30-03 at 18:20.
  #133   ^
Old Wed, Jul-30-03, 17:48
Contributing Member

Fit and Trim! What's going on with your head pain? You said it was a chronic condition for you? I will keep it in prayer.

Cleanheart: Good for you with the exercise. I really find it helps me, both from a stress vantage point and I think it gets the metabolism cooking a little bit, too (although cooking is probably right how you feel at 100 degrees!Yikes!) Despite my foot problems I have made it out for a walk every day this week, and actually walked twice today (once with DH who is working on our kitchen remodeling and can't tear himself away from it except to collapse in a chair----was feeling guilty about not exercising and wanted to go out). One thing that really helped motivate me to exercise, or at least to fit it into my schedule, was to make a calendar of my next several weeks. I have so many things already scheduled, and many I want to fit into the schedule. On the calendar I put things like ______ Walk and _____ Back Exercises, with spaces so I could put in a check mark when I did them. So, once I got one check mark I got much more strategic about being sure I got them in for all the other days as well. And, of course, I feel good about it. As of today, my stats are accurate---and that means I've relost both the pounds I had regained. Also dropped a couple of per cent body fat according to the Tanita scale this evening. So, I'm feeling pleased.

Best to all. Hey, newbies: tell us how you're doing!
  #134   ^
Old Wed, Jul-30-03, 18:24

I had Meningitis when I was 13...in a coma for 2 weeks, almost died. Anyway since then I have had bad head pain in the back of neck and sometimes when really bad my whole head. My DD got sick a few years ago, and since I had Meningitis before knew the signs of it and got her to the hospital in time. I was never so scared in all my life.
  #135   ^
Old Wed, Jul-30-03, 20:34

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 282/276/170 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 5%

Hi Everyone and welcome to the newcomers.

I have good news. My DH was offered a job today. He will also find out on Friday about a seond job where it's down to him and one other. I think he will take the job closest to the house - the lower paying one with no benefits!! ;-)

I'm holding my own with the LCing, but not losing weight. I've gotten sucked into eating the sweets (LC sweets, that is). Those pork rinds with sweetener and cinnamon - I eat the whole bag!!