Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1966   ^
Old Mon, Jun-26-17, 04:34

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Ladies! Good Morning-

Blue- as a dear friend of mine says, - how do you FEEL, and what do your CLOTHES say? F the scale! You know you are eating well- feeling well.
I get the tired. Sometimes it feeling we are beating our heads against a wall. Thing is- I going to be really blunt here.
The things we (us over 40) hold dear the younger generation does not. I could go on a rant here but will not.
Other than to say- we need to keep on the good fight until we just can't anymore. That last sentence can apply to anything we want.
The WOE, Life, values, whatever.
Ebb and flow - sound familiar?
So glad you are loving the cali riced! I love it too!

Lori- you are up and about early! You are high energy gal. Are you getting some sunshine yet?
Did you get your new shorts? Good luck tomorrow-

KMOM- yesterday 5/5- just made that. Hoping you are having a great time. How long is sis staying?

Leeann- I know you are one busy lady! So many transitions for you! And yet you are still maintaining! Inspiring!

Trig- Hey GF- enjoy you last few days! Don't they just fly.
-------------------------------------------------------
All- rough start to my morning. I am so tired this morning. Nothing I can put my finger on except, again I was out at the pool last night until really late. The water was so warm and the moon so bright and I just love the way the light bounces off the water. It was hard to come in.

I am struggling with believe it or not my body image. I truly am. As I am getting my shape back- the less invisible I become. Anyone who is being honest knows what I am saying. It's one of those things nobody ever talks about. When someone is really big- people just look past you. When the weight is off or coming off they look AT you.

I know its a oxymoron. The bigger you are- you can just float along and people leave ya alone. The smaller one gets- well it is an adjustment. All this to say- I am making that transition. Even though the scales are not truly reflecting it, my body is changing. I see a waist again! Hips again! A shape again rather than a bowling ball- or box! It really does take adjusting.

I remember when that happened last time. When I lost all my weight the first time. I had a really hard time adjusting. It's the little thing NOBODY talks about. I wrote a blog about it 4 years ago- I titled it INVISABLE FAT PEOPLE. It might still be out in the web somewhere. Anyway- That was on my mind.

My DD and family got in safely yesterday. They had been up for over 32 hours. They were not real talkitive. The baby fell asleep on me the minute I picked him up. He snuggled right up in the busiest airport in the world and just slept. This lady walked up to me and said "hey wheres your phone? You need a pic" So she took that pic- precious.

Ok- well gotta meet the MAN! = IE job........ sigh........ Why can't I win the lotto????

Ok all- have a great Monday!
Sponsored Links
  #1967   ^
Old Mon, Jun-26-17, 07:38

Plan: 20 net carbs
Stats: 250/210/175 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

Good morning everyone!
I am hanging in there. Loving having my sister here and so proud of her. Everything takes so much effort and her pain is intense at time. She does not know it, buy my brother and his wife (from Kentucky) are coming today to surprise her! My SD went back to the group home last night so that will make life easier for me...even though she fills me up when she is here! She is a masterpiece!

Will try to post more later. I am reading most of the posts on my phone. I enjoy all of you.

K-Mom 10x3
  #1968   ^
Old Mon, Jun-26-17, 07:39

Plan: 20 net carbs
Stats: 250/210/175 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

Oh, Jaz...both my sis and brother will leave on Wednesday morning.
  #1969   ^
Old Mon, Jun-26-17, 08:40

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Jaz- the venue is a historical "mansion" of sorts with a beautiful draped enclosed tent outside of the house. The inside of the house is available to use as well, which I really like for the "oldies" who will want to move away from the music and dancing and have a more comfortable place to sit and talk. There is also a very nice green area all around the tent which DD wants to set up with twinkle lights and a "faerie" theme. All this is her vision.

Glad you got your DD and her family picked up. No doubt they are EXHAUSTED. I can only imagine and actually when it comes to doing that with a child, I CAN'T. Ugh, to me that is what nightmares are made of!! Glad they got through it fine. Love the mental image of that picture that you got!

Body image- interesting to hear your thoughts on this. For me, that was less of an issue but we all have our things that we have to work through. I hated being the big person in the room and feel like I can 'blend in' more now than I would have before. I didn't come up with your blog entry online- if you find it I would love to read it.

Speaking of reading- I am currently reading an ARC of a book called "When We Were Worthy." So far very good, very approachable and readable author.

Blue- I need variety too although I do find that I tend to get in food and recipe ruts. BTW, I was looking for your recipe for French dressing and I *think* I found it but want to confirm that it is "yours"- Does is start with "one cup light tasting olive oil?"

LOL on 'you would think I have been tripping the carb fantastic.' Made me laugh out loud. Love the way you say things. That would be me, dear, not you! That is the downside of occasional weighing, it's that moment in time, not an average. Who knows where you really stand, KWIM? But I know that felt discouraging and annoying nonetheless.

Meanwhile, hugs hugs and more hugs on feeling 'flat' in general and on the WOE. I identify and relate with this general feeling of exhaustion/malaise. This too will pass, indeed it will, and sometimes I think we just have to roll with it for a while before we can shake it off.

Lori- I think you are probably one of the most active people I know, bar none. It's truly impressive and more importantly you look forward to it and enjoy it. Go you! Very healthy approach all the way around.

KMOM- LOVE hearing about the upcoming surprise with your brother and his wife coming! What a thrill! I can't wait to hear about it- please come back on and share when you can. I know you are having a great time with your visitors but know it can be exhausting as well. You will be ready for a rest when it is all said and done!

Trig- you are missed as always. There's a Trigger-sized hole here where you usually are, although you have been awfully busy lately. I picture you doing all kinds of fun things and having a great time.

•••••••••••••••
Funny how you never know what to expect with teens, this last one in particular. He was JAZZED UP last night in a big way and talked for like 30 minutes straight. This is exactly the reason why I didn't go to San Francisco and have a grandparent here to get him instead. I didn't want to miss this decompression time. In three years, I can travel anywhere many months out of the year but I won't be able to get these moments back.

That being said, it is clear that his nervous system functions like his older sister's, although he seems to cope with it better at this junction that she does. He said that his heart was racing for about 30 minutes or so after he arrived back and that his respiration rate was so fast that his 'diaphragm was cramping.' I totally believe that is true, those symptoms as he described them. His body translates excitement, anticipation, nervousness etc as all the same thing, and reacts as a 'fight or flight' response. The good news is that he/we recognize it sooner and can talk to him about what he is experiencing physically and how he can learn to tell himself that X is what is happening, this is what my body is experiencing, but I know that it really means Y. I hope we can help him with it better than we did his sister, who still really struggles at times, at 22.

Anyway, he had a really good time and intends to return next year to Costa Rica. The adults who went all said he did great and was really good, and that is heartening as well. I'm proud of how well he coped, being the only freshman, and especially given how his friend literally left, right there at the airport, as they were getting in the security line, and he didn't even get to say goodbye. That's a rough thing and he made it through. Good boy!

I let him stay up late last night because I figured he would need plenty of time to decompress. We didn't even walk in until around 9:30 PM. I figure he will sleep pretty late this morning and I will give him a total down day today. He is also pretty jazzed to get started on musical composition again today. He said he wrote some lyrics while he was gone.

Today I am determined to make Bouillabaisse, which I have been dancing around doing for the past couple of weeks because I am intimidated by the concept. But I am doing it! I have the seafood out to thaw (cod, scallops, shrimp, calamari) and will be picking up vegetable stock, fennel, leek at the store. I have clam juice, onion, bay leaf and saffron on hand already here at home.

My goal is one week fully on plan, and then from there I need to get some clue as to how to proceed. Today will mark day one at its conclusion. The hardest thing with maintenance for me is not having a plan, or a plan that seems to stick.
  #1970   ^
Old Mon, Jun-26-17, 16:36

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi gals,

Lori---Cripes, if you weigh every day it drives ya buggy, if you don't weigh enough you lose the rhythm of the numbers and one day becomes a more important number than it should be, or you haven't scared yourself straight often enough, LOL. And on it goes.

Important thing is, you are doing SO GREAT. Are you kiddin' me, 7 pounds down in a month?!?! Half a pound either way doesn't take that away from you!

Jaz---People can be so kind and observant---i.e. the lady who made sure you had a picture of your grandson in your arms, fresh home from Australia. These things help make up for people like that guy who slammed the door in your face for returning his check. Ay yi yi, that one got to me---this is when I say Karma is either your friend, or NOT.

I absolutely LOVED losing every pound and looking and feeling better, but there are MANY articles out there about the uncomfortable side of weight loss, although I sure never felt it. Sill, I hear ya, glad you're not paying much attention to that voice...because however we look, most of the world really isn't paying attention unless we're Ms. Va-Voom. Sometimes we just think they're paying attention, but mostly they're thinking about themselves and their own lives.

Nic---I can really identify with your youngest son. I've suffered my share of anxiety issues. They come, they go, and the body sometimes doesn't know the difference between good news and bad. Again, and again, you handle this with such aplomb. I can't imagine how your children could feel any safer than they are under your lovin' wing.

On the French dressing---that doesn't sound like my recipe, which is---

Any old extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup of reduced sugar catsup
White wine vinegar---(red wine vinegar works as well, probably many vinegars would work)
Sweetner ---(I use EZ sweets, couple of drops, but a Pack of Splenda or whatever would work and again, to taste. But you DO want to use some degree of sweetener as that's what makes it a good French dressing, IMO, that little taste of sweet)
Garlic, basil, salt and pepper to taste.

*I just pour in the olive oil and vinegar w1/4 cup/ketchup and judge by the consistency I like. The less of either you use, the thicker the dressing will be. I like it not too thick, not too thin. You get the feel of what you like pretty fast.

K-mom---I cannot wait to hear about the "surprise!"

Monday water--- YAY, super good day. 5/3

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I was boring the patootie out of myself w/all my draggin' around, low energy, blah blah blah. This morning I didn't feel any differently, but decided to ignore myself and give some orders.

First---hit the computer and get some work done. DID. And really like what I did. Have several projects right now, and whether I feel like it or not, they need to get done this week...and I can't believe what I got done w/my "boot camp" voice on my shoulder.

Second---Decided to get the screened in porch done at last. Everything was cleaned and put back weeks ago, but I hadn't given it any love, just kind of threw everything back in.

I went to TJ Maxx and got the BEST indoor/outdoor new table cloth for our porch table---lemons and their glossy green leaves on white. SO FREAKIN' Happy. Ordered Fab turquoise fabric to redo chair cushions. It's a vintage 50's very "moderne" aluminum glass top set, all I have to do is to recover the seats---give me a staple gun, easy peasy. THEN I picked up a gorgeous pot of zinnias, and they are on the other table between the chairs. Cleaned up more, re-arranged some accessories, got rid of others. It look's so summer swell!

Tomorrow there will be MORE orders. Stuff that is going to get done whether I feel like it or not. And of course, once I get started, I find I DO feel like it and I feel a lot better when I've done it.

"The motivation is in the process." One of my dearly held beliefs, and today was the day to kick my butt.

LOL, I'm doing the cauli-rice/chicken LC risotto AGAIN for dinner. I'm just lovin' it so much, and hubby is out of town, and it's so easy, and I'm so not tired of it.

So, good day on plan. Steamed artichoke w/butter and mayo for lunch, LC chicken risotto for dinner.

And the finally tonight time to chill w/my fantastic new book. It's called "The Last of the Camperdowns" and so far it's amazing. Not sure if this is your kind of book Jaz, but pretty sure it would be yours, Nic. Brilliantly written, so witty, sense of place on the ocean and the dunes, so strong. Characters absolutely Delish. Check it out readers!

Last edited by Blue52 : Mon, Jun-26-17 at 16:42.
  #1971   ^
Old Mon, Jun-26-17, 16:55

BF:
Progress:

Oh, and Nic---garlic for French dressing really should be a real clove or two depending on size and your taste for it, meshed thru a garlic press. No sub for real garlic in anything IMO, but particularly important to a good salad dressing.
  #1972   ^
Old Mon, Jun-26-17, 17:46

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good evening!

The hubby and I just got back from a "Cemetery Tour" here in our little town. An hour and a half walk thru the cemetery to see where some locally famous people are buried. We were a bit disappointed overall, but it was ok. It was a nice evening for a walk.

Blue...I love the sound of your porch decorating. It sounds perfect! Keep up that good feeling. Sometimes you just have to "choose happiness", right?

Nic...the wedding venue sounds fabulous! What fun you all will have. Your son sounds like a special young man. You should be very proud.

I'll be having an early night(as usual) as I'm being picked up tomorrow morning at 7:15 to head to yet another golf tournament. Hoping for a good day on the links.....sure beats working!

Oh.....I managed a 20 hour fast today. I have been doing 16:8 most days for weeks, but wanted to extend it to 20. Tomorrow I'll be breaking my fast early as they'll have some sort of breakfast items for us before golf. Typically they have deviled eggs and sometimes some type of cheese. I'll take a beef stick along in case there is nothing there that is "my food". Not sure what they'll serve for lunch after we play, but I can usually make do. Just have to avoid all the yummy desserts that will be there.

Enough of my rambling. Hope you all have a restful night.
  #1973   ^
Old Mon, Jun-26-17, 18:13

BF:

Leeann- I really enjoyed your post very much. You are such a tender awesome mom! Wow- so touching you totally get the needs of your children and get what they need. Plus each one is different and you adapt to them!

The venue for your DD sounds lovely. I love the "fairy" theme. Twinkling lights. Have them spray for bugs prior! Just a thought, since it is outside. But I am sure you have thought of that already.

Maintenance - you are right, can be tough. I one hand you think you "got this". On the other hand there is always the fear of gain back with a little of this and that. Both are valid. I know if anyone can figure it out it would be you!

Blue- How as your day? I had boring food day. Waiting for my book.

KMOM- already6/5- was so thirsty when I woke up. So happy to here about your family getting together.

Lori- what wonderful thing did you kick butt doing today! What do you eat these days?
-----------------------------------
SO YA'LL- are ya ready for this?????????? I pretty much said I am so over the dating thing. I cancelled last week my match membership. And last night at the pool I was so offended by some jerk wad......... I was just done.............. UNTIL........ wait for it..... wait for it...........
So I have my first BLIND date ever sat for lunch.

Ok- so last week the Medical director and I who have a GREAT relationship were ending a conversation. She said- hey is there anything else I can do for you?......... I joking said ya- find me my next husband.
So she stops and says ..... what do you want? I say the following:
WELL...... WELL..... heheheh..... Rich, not married, not living with ex, not living with momma, home is not a trailer, income is not a check that comes in the mail off the gov. once a month, all the teeth, electric is not running an extension cord to the neighbors trailer, can read, can spell, made it out of 9th grade.......

Wow she says....... I MIGHT be able to do just a weeeeee bit better. Ok I say and we left it at that. So today I get to work- there sits a email from Dr. L- so she says hey you two........ addressed to both of us. I just want to introduce you to each other then I am out it's up to you.

So- long story short- she plays me up so beautiful...... then says, This is M..... a long time family friend we have know for years. You two have a lot in common. I leave it up to you.

So I email him and give him my email off company email. He emails me right away and says .... any friend of hers is a friend of mine. Lets just cut to the chase and meet for breakfast or lunch Sat. I say ok- lunch better..... so a few emails later we are doing lunch. Told him I prefer a place that grills- but he picks....... and so I wait.

I am so frekin nervous over this I just want hair done, nails done, 40 pounds gone, 3 inches taller, OMG....... WHAT!!!!!!!!!! Why am I a reck over this?
Excited yes, nervous yes, ewwwhhhh, what if this goes south? I have no idea what the dude even looks like? WHAT???? Sight unseen? BREATH JAZ- He can't be that bad if Dr. L recommended right? Oh and I am to call her by first name now...... HAHAHAHA What is it goes really south?????? I was sorta just kidding, wasn't I ???????? EKKKKKKKKK!

Kids are back and safe........ All is well

Last edited by Jaz66 : Mon, Jun-26-17 at 18:40.
  #1974   ^
Old Mon, Jun-26-17, 20:42

BF:
Progress:

Jaz---Well, I did say in quite some detail how my day went, so I won't repeat that.

Will say, I think you are forever gutsy and brave in the search of a partner, and that I think that WILL work for you, eventually. (Wish my dearest gal pal was as brave as you are, as she wants a mate as much as you do.) As I have said before, you throw the penny down often enough and it comes up heads!

No, of course, can't answer all your questions about how this might work out. Understand the pressure you may feel as a doc you respect set this up---but I would believe her when she said from here on it's up to you two. I think she's smart enough to know it's a coin toss. And as a long time Yenta who has set many a friend up, I'm w/the Doc. You throw it out there, and then RUN, LOL.

Just BREATHE, and take it as it comes. Try really hard not to expect too much, or too little. And I guess, above all, try not to make your decision on this guy the minute you sit down across from him, based on his physical presentation.

See what his words are. Do they make you laugh? Does he seem to get it? Do you have anything in common? AND, give some room to the fact that guys get REALLY nervous over this kind of thing too, and can be much more tongue tied than women. MUCH more, if they're real and sweet and humble to their own appeal.

My husband struck me, on our first date, as a guy who I feared had no sense of humor, and not all that much to say for himself, although I sensed his kindness. Oh. My. God. I was so wrong about him, and thank my lucky stars I gave him another chance.

Second date. He was much more fun and interesting. Third date, he was a BLAST. And from there on out, he has proven himself to be one of the funniest guys I have ever met in my life,---and he is particularly good at making me laugh at myself.

Y'know Jaz, you just never know. Keep on keepin' on. You DESERVE a good fellow, and some fellow out there really deserves your rich sense of humor, care and kindness.

It's out there, and no matter what happens w/this guy, don't turn off your love light!
  #1975   ^
Old Tue, Jun-27-17, 04:20

BF:

Blue- I think we were cross posting yesterday. The last post I read before I posted again was Leeann's- Yours and Lori's was in "process". So I didn't get to see them.

Do you ever wonder about these post? I really think sometimes thy mess with us? I know I posted something on such and such- I go back to look and it's gone. OR they just pop up in an order they weren't written. OR I am just losing my marbles!!!!

Your patio sounds so pretty. I bet it looks like a magazine. I love TJ MAXX- I also like Home Goods. Do you have one of those near you?
You should take a pic of your patio so we can all see.

I love that cali-rice too. Not tired of it either. I add those amino's you turned me onto- and some red pepper flakes with a slash of sesame oil as I can't do dairy. So yummy.

Love the fact you gave yourself marching orders and did it! Deadlines have a way of making us productive in spite of ourself! Glad you are humming along.

Thanks too for the "guy" advice. I don't know why I get all funny about it. I am in a really great place in my life right now. Yes I would very much like to share it with someone. But then it seems I maybe really don't when push comes to shove. I really love my space. So then I just get nervous. I dunno......... It sorta mixed up. I sorta want it without all the work. sighhhhhhh

Lori- good luck on your game today. I loved that sentence in your last post. "sometimes you just need to CHOOSE happiness". That is so very true.
Some people are I think just naturally happy joyful people. Others of us have to work at it. Then there are always the vampires out there too! I would think it takes a lot of energy to be that unhappy. Because that isn't natural either.
How did I go down that rabbit hole? Anyway- I hope the weather and your game work in your favor today.
I am dying to know if you ever went shopping again after the shorts you got were too big? I desperately need to go too.

Leeann- Do you have big 4th plans with the kids? You seem to be such the hostess!

KMOM- 7/5 - I bought good water! How did your sis like her surprise visit with your other family members? Love you are having a blast.
--------------------------------------
Yesterday - as you can see from my writing was rather a anxiety mess. Today after a really great conversation with my son, and a great sleep I am more me. I do get into a tizzy at times and need to be talked off the ledge so to speak!

Work is more stressful these days- but there is an end in site. Maybe I have not shared that I am involved with the process of helping the company develop new software program. The developers wanted to work with "lay" people to better understand process. I have been one of those people.
But when you take a process and break it down into a step by step flow chart- it makes your head spin. The deadline for then "building it is the 30th- so all month long has been endless meeting. But I only have to sit in one last one!

BUT I think the final product is going to be so AWESOME. They are projecting that in Oct. they can roll it out!

My food has been very stable- not going over 10 tops- hovering around 5-6 carbs a day. That would be the veggies or salad dressing.
Last night was salmon- today my eating window will open at 1 and I will have the same as yesterday. Tuna/mayo- pickle
Dinner- most likely chicken and salad I think.
I am taking my shoes today for a lunch walk. It should be just delightful - the rain is finally gone.

Have a great day ladies- TRIG- YOU ARE MISSED!!!!!!!!
  #1976   ^
Old Tue, Jun-27-17, 15:26

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori, the cemetery walk was a bit disappointing????? HA HA it is just that I always go thru those thinking THIS is great cause I ain't there!

Jaz, body image. omg don't get me started. as much as I know all the photos in mags etc are so way off, yes it effects me big time. I want my 21 yr old body back but it sure ain't coming....yet I see zillions of 5-60s women in way better shape then me and realize I won't do the work to make it happen yes I am a lazy wanna be and fret about WHY it won't happen....I know why HAHA

Nicco the venue sounds fab. So much excitement and fun around your home right now. That is so cool. the excitement of life as the youngsters walk into the real world and what they experience. I know you are in 'that zone' of seeing life thru the new adults eyes

KM your days sound fun with family and packed full! Enjoy!!

Blue you had me laughing on hubby and the first dates!!! Mine was a dud. I knew he was way more nervous than me and I gave me leeway as a 'possible' and if you get thru a few dates they come around a bit I hear ya on that. On the first date I thought if I have to DRAG this man thru life on my humor and fun alone I ain't going there, but he proved me wrong just like your hubby.....a bit of patience on guys I guess

HI GUYS
tired. got in about 2 hrs ago
weather tough. but ok in the end
walk thru the door and I get the 'we are hungry' BS! Yes BS in caps! luckily I had chili frozen and chips and made a big old mess of it and fed the problems.

ugh
one laundry going and alot more unpack. goats alive and pool seems great so far cause Barb took good care of joint while gone. Got her a great shirt and nice beach towel for payment eh, the usual LOL

tired now big time
kinda in that wired zone and dead zone

spent too much money but hell ya can't take it with ya

stayed on plan with a bite or 2 off but nothing to worry about in any way!! new life, new way to eat on vacay and new thinking has to happen or I ain't got a prayer

back later, missed ya'll...
  #1977   ^
Old Tue, Jun-27-17, 16:35

BF:

TRIG IS BACK!!!!!
arty:

Ok so happy your back...... but I have a burning question. So you took the RV, it was FULLY stocked, You had WIFI, You had ALL your needs in the camp grounds.
SO....... Not that is is ANY of my business but you blew through money? At a camp ground? Were You paying the bears dollar bills to dance????? HAHAHAHAH

Are ,,,,,,you changing your LC ways? Or just letting go a little during vacay?
I know that some warriors champ the never a treat ever. I get both sides of that. But I can't say I will NEVER have a treat. That is just to severe. Have I lately no. All I know is is today. Period. I am that kind of addict- anything else is to stressful.

Plus we all have different levels of tolerance. I have little to none at this point.... down the line might be different.

So glad you had a great time.
what was the best part? Post after you rest!

#1978   ^
Old Tue, Jun-27-17, 16:46

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Hi!

Trig is back!!! YAY!!! We missed you girl! I'm sure it'll take you a bit to get back in the groove after being away. And the family always wants to eat! What's up with that? My husband has the same problem.

LOL.....yeah, at one point in the cemetery walk last night, the guide said "Is everybody happy?" I said "We're all happy to be on THIS side of the grass!" That got quite a laugh.

I had a good time playing golf today. It was actually a rather cool day and I was wishing I didn't have on a sleeveless shirt. Brrrr... I met some new ladies and we had a lot of laughs. That's the main thing. I managed to stay on my eating plan thru the provided breakfast & lunch. Score!

The husband went & picked up our 8 year old grandson today. Our daughter is at some training sessions in Virginia for a few days. I made them hamburgers and beef noodle soup for dinner and he ate like a trooper. I'm never sure what little kids will eat. He is outside now shooting the BB gun with Pappy. He'll be going over to his other Grandma's this evening and overnight.

Ok...nothing else on this end. Hope you've all had a good day.
  #1979   ^
Old Tue, Jun-27-17, 17:20

BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Trigger!!!---Welcome back to your LC home. We sure missed ya. I open up the thread to post and in a few seconds I'm about graveyards. That's our Trig.

So your first date w/hubby was a dud too. Yeah, man, they really get nervous. When I came to know my hubby and looked back on our first date I thought that couldn't have even really been him. I asked him once why he was so nervous on our first date and he said because he didn't think he had a chance w/me. And this guy was and is a looker. Funny how we come off too. I'd had my share of guys pass on me and never thought of myself that way.

You do sound tired. I call it re-entry burn, and it is its own weird zone, not helped much by a chili chip mess. When you're more rested I'd love to hear more about your vacay. Did you have mostly bad weather? Hope not.

Lori---I missed your great "choose happiness" comment in cross posting. Thank you for that. It's a power I think we often forget we have. I'm happiest when I get busy in a good way, so I got busy! You are fortunate to have a passion for golf. I used to be doing arts and crafts and home decor projects all the time when I had my store, as there was an outlet for it. I miss that.

Jaz---Sounds like you're in a good woe zone. And moving more too. GOOD on you.

That project at work sounds challenging but interesting and exciting since you will be using the ultimate program right? And it will be much more user friendly from the sounds of it. This could make a big difference in the stress level of your job, ultimately. Plus, you've been a big part of it, and that doesn't escape the powers that be. Not talking about your boss BTW, she is the power that stings like a Bee.

Nic---Yes, the venue they chose for the wedding sounds so pretty. Indoor/outdoor, perfect, as you won't have to worry about the weather. I hope when this all comes to be you'll share pix with us.

How did your bouillabaisse turn out? Y'know for as much of a foodie as I am, don't think I've ever had it.

I hear ya on a "plan." Having the ability to enjoy treats now and then makes that harder. When and how often? I tried the 6 days on, 1 day off for awhile and it was OK, but I never wanted to use my night because I was afraid something would come up where I really needed it. So now I just stay on plan till I can't or don't want to for whatever reason.

K-mom---Tuesday water 4/3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well I had some fun today. I cancelled my health insurance! Starting July 1 we will be saving $500 a month, and thats w/a good supplement besides just part D. Yeah, being self employed is expensive---not to mention paying double FICA, but I wouldn't have had it any other way. Captain meet ship. And now in the twilight of my career I finally get to do it w/out it costing an arm and a leg at least as far as health insurance is concerned. I swear, we'd have single payer tomorrow if everyone was self employed!

Also, ordered the last touch for the porch. An incredible set of string lights that are blue and green sea glass, each piece lit w/a tiny light. Nic, I now you love your string lights during the holiday. Check out some for your fab backyard. So many great options these days, and so fairy pretty.

Today marks 8 days on plan, no cheats. Feels good as long as I stay away from the scale. When I re-weighed after that dastardly 5 pounds up, 3 of it had gone away. Jaz rightfully bounced my words back at me as to how my clothes felt on me.

Well, not as great as I'd like. There are things I can't wear anymore from my all time low of course. But that's OK as I've made peace w/the fact that for whatever reason I probably won't get back there, but not for lack of trying.

My weight gain these days is all in my midriff. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Much harder to hide than the bit of a belly most of us have. My legs are slim, butt no problem. Even my arms aren't at all bad. It's the marshmallow on toothpicks menopause thing. Well, not quite as bad as that. But what I will be looking and working for is seeing my midriff go down.

Nice thing is, when I'm in the zone, it does.

Last edited by Blue52 : Tue, Jun-27-17 at 17:49.
  #1980   ^
Old Tue, Jun-27-17, 17:30

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

HEY! TRIGGER'S BACK!!! Welcome back, Trig! You were missed!
Sounds like you had a good vacay- I'm glad for that.
What is it with family members wanting to eat and all that stuff? I've been SO BAD this summer. I really don't CARE. I called up to DS15 about a half hour ago "are you going to want dinner tonight?" He was kind of noncommittal so I just skipped offering again and am out on the deck. He can have cereal.

First date with Hubby stories- First time I met DH I can hardly remember- we were all drunk at a party. Long story short, he walked me home with me being wretchedly sick the whole way back. Took him like an hour to get me to my dorm. Being a total sucker, he then invited me out to a coffee shop a week or so later, PURPORTEDLY because he was writing a story which would have an autistic character and he wanted my input.. LIES! He wanted ME! It was together forever from that point on, at the tender age of 19.

Jaz- I absolutely agree that to some degree one's nature, or set point, is predetermined. I see it in my kids and also know that I tend to be a "Kanga or Tigger" while my DH is definitely an "Eyeore." That being said, I also believe that one can make a concerted effort to try to change one's outlook. I think you believe that too!

Good for you, helping your company develop some new software. They have a treasure in you!

The first date is just that, a first date. Nothing more. Easy for me to say I know.

Lori- the cemetery tour sounds like fun. Enjoy your little grandson!

Blue- The screened porch sounds AMAZING. You are such a creative soul- love that about you. You put your eye on a space and then create a new space that soothes your soul. Such a gift! And you get such pleasure out of it as well. I love it.

Oh, and Jaz- the ceremony venue is mostly inside- in that it is in the mansion and in a temperature regulated tent on the grounds as well. There is a grassy area with trees that she will do the fairy lights and such, but those who are worried about skeeter bites have plenty of other areas to be in!

•••••••••••••••••

The bouillabaisse is really good. I am happy with it. It's light and yummy and just delish. I didn't realize that fennel is pretty much synonymous with anise, which I don't care for, so I limited it in the dish. However, it didn't bother me cooked in there so I won't worry about it so much next time. I highly recommend it and I have plenty of leftovers.

For lunch today I heated up some fajita meat that I grabbed on a whim from Walmart in the refrigerated section- it was pretty good! I had that with shredded lettuce, some shredded cheddar cheese and some sour cream. Good lunch! It has about three servings and cost about six dollars. Followed lunch with the remainder of the LC Key Lime Pie ice cream from the freezer that I had made a couple of weeks ago.

Today has been an awesome day. I had my MoW shift, which went well, then took the car in for Emissions testing. Stopped in to Costco and got that done, then home for a late lunch. Mowed the lawn, hung out in the pool with my Kindle and now I'm sitting out on the back deck, as I have been for the last couple of hours. It is breezy and sunny (partly sunny now) and was about 82 with low humidity. Not sure what the temp is now, but I ended up changing from shorts to jeans and put on my slippers because I was a little chilly. Maybe low to mid 70s? Seriously seriously gorgeous- one of the prettiest late June days I can remember.

Actually, I took a break and took the dogs out for a walk. It was too nice not to. I've taken them for a nice walk the past 4-5 days in a row. They are appreciating it and it is good for me too!

I am just LOVING this deck furniture. Maybe I appreciate it even more because we waited so long for it, but I absolutely LOVE it. Bella loves hanging out back here with me also. Just a gorgeous view, and so peaceful. I feel like it is my own little piece of heaven.

So I am going to make a new batch of LC ice cream tomorrow. I am thinking LC cheesecake ice cream with maybe a few chopped strawberries in there. That sounds pretty good! The key lime was delicious.

Tomorrow is the last day before DD22 and DS18 come back from San Fran, along with DH. They have had a good time together, which is great, and it is so nice for them to have this bonding time without DD22's Fi, who is always with her. DD22 and DS18 will remember this always! I think I'll see if DS15 wants to go see a movie tomorrow with me. He also has a drum lesson tomorrow.
Closed Thread