Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Apr-06-02, 14:26

Plan: TSP
Stats: 147/147/135 Female 5'2"
BF:?/?/?
Progress: 54%
Question Anyone else use fitday.

I just found fitday.com Has anyone else tried it? It is free and while at first glance you may think it is just for calorie counting, I think SP users could find it helpful. I journaled (wrote down everything) at my kitchen counter for about a year of first somersizing then SP and found it helpful. This site does the work for you on the math, percentages, etc.

I am mainly trying to keep my carbs at about 60-75 as that is what I can lose on (slowly) and seems to go according to SP. This site has a pie chart showing what you record and a section that shows the percentage of where the fats go.

You can also keep track of physical activity.

It may prove tedious to use daily, but I am going to strive for using it daily for a month at least and see if I can get a handle on how closely I am getting to Schwarzbein's recommendations.

I would love to hear comments from fellow SP about this site! http://www.fitday.com/
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Apr-08-02, 08:42
Registered Member

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 231/225/170
BF:
Progress: 10%

Rosarugosa...

I found the Fitday a bit tedious to fill out, but I liked how it categorizes everything. I will try using again.

I noticed you mentioned being hypothyroid. I, too, deal with this problem. What meds are you using? My doctor just switched me to Armour, but I don't think I'm am responding very well. I notice that SP does not like Armour. I wonder want her reasons are.

Have Happy Monday

Carrot
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Apr-08-02, 08:45
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

I wouold say that a large percentage of the active posters and people with journals use fitday. It is a bit daunting at first, but ther's a few tricks to using it easily.

There is a link to help with using fitday at the bottom of the Hot Links Thread in the Newbies Questions forum.

Karen
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Apr-08-02, 09:05

Carrot, I take 50 MCG of Synthoid daily (have for about 3 years) I kind of get the feeling that Dr. S thinks that thyroid meds may be overprescribed. My own expereince is that it improved my life in many ways. I would like to find a Dr. that would let me give Armour a try, I have heard that some people lose weight easier on that and have less hair thinning problems with it. I guess it is all individual. I do not understand Dr.s dealings with this disease sometimes, anyway. The t3/t4/and tsh level thing *still* confuses me!

A lot of the diet books tell you to have your hormones checked if having trouble losing ,but do not go into much detail as to what, how, etc.

I am thinking I may have to try less carbs daily than what I have been to lose what I want to. With the hypo I have to be sure to get *plenty* of fiber, if you know what I mean!

I am finding fitday. to be a help to me, too.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Apr-08-02, 10:10
Registered Member

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 231/225/170
BF:
Progress: 10%
Cool Thanks Karen and Rosarugosa!

Karen- I will take your suggestions and give Fitday another try.

Rosarugosa -

I was on Synthroid for 6 years. The last year, my Doctor added a T3 compound . I've only been using Armour for about 2 months. It has required more adjusting than I was expecting. I sure hope you are right about it helping with hair loss. As I grew older, I was all prepared for my hair to turn grey...but NOT to turn lose! I've also had to greatly increase my fiber and anything else that will help the "C" condition.

Finding a doctor to work with you and your hormones is a challenging task. Good luck and don't give up!

Carrot
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Apr-09-02, 09:18

Thanks Karen for the links they are very good ones and helpful.

Carrot, I will keep searching for a dr. that will consider Armour. I live in a large city, so surely somewhere?