Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#151   ^
Old Sat, Jul-10-04, 18:13
Registered Member

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 215/183.5/130 Female 60 inches
BF:
Progress: 37%
Post Footbridge

Hello fellow Maritimers,
Been slack lately... Must be all that sunshine we are getting here in McNamee..... NOT !!!!! LOL... Wished it would soon come out to stay..
So glad that this site is on here.. I need to make myself get more involved in it.. as I know that it will help me from day to day...
I would love to communicate with someone on a day to day basis through email... a sort of an encouragement to each other.. If anyone out there would like to do that.. Email me at access_centre_manager~yahoo.ca Looking forward to hearing from you guys,.. Thanks,.. Jody
Sponsored Links
  #152   ^
Old Sun, Jul-11-04, 04:30

Plan: aitkens
Stats: 216/177/150 Female 5feet5inches
BF:
Progress: 59%

Hi JOdy from Moncton here. Are u having a hard time with LC.How long have you been on it?It is the easiest plan that I have ever been on and I have lost 40 pounds in a year.Actually I lost the weight in first 6 months and have been going up and down the same 5 pounds for the last 6 months.I need to lose another 30 pounds but have been so satisfied with losing the first 40 that I have not been trying too hard lately.Maybe you can get me back on track again.
  #153   ^
Old Sun, Oct-24-04, 05:32

Plan: atkins
Stats: 238/220/150 Female 5ft 9inch
BF:
Progress: 20%

Im in freddy town and today is day number 13 (lucky hehe) of Atkins for me, tomorrow is my first weigh in , very nervous, I've lived here for a year (moved from BC) and my DH was born here. I absolutely love it here, and I'd love to share support for some other locals
  #154   ^
Old Sun, Oct-31-04, 10:14

BF:

#155   ^
Old Mon, Nov-01-04, 06:21

Plan: CAD
Stats: 250/245/200 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 10%

Hi Everyone, my name is Susan. I am living in Halifax but am originally from Kingston (the Valley). I have been on CAD for a week and can really say that I have found something that is working for me. I would love to share with others in our area.
  #156   ^
Old Mon, Nov-01-04, 08:09
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 195/145/135 Female 5,2"
BF:Too Much!!
Progress: 83%

Hi Susan, I'm Christie. I live in Ontario now, but spent some of the best years of my life in Halifax. I still see double when I think of the "LiquerDome"!! We lived right on Spring Garden Road back in the day, and I worked at Tip Top Tailors in MicMac Mall.
I wish you much success with your new way of life, it is the easiest, most fulfilling diet I have ever tried. Keep us posted!!
  #157   ^
Old Tue, Nov-02-04, 05:28

Stats: :(/:)/145 Female 5 feet 4
BF:
Progress:

Morning I'm in Moncton been doing low carb for 6months , loving it and also find it sooo easy , lost 21 kilos and so proud, want to lose more , does seem to be more diffcult now but thats also ok I feel so much better now have a great day all bye bye
  #158   ^
Old Tue, Nov-09-04, 10:18

Stats: 223/166.4/145.8 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 73%
Default Maritimer Here!!

Would love to correspond with some people close to home.
  #159   ^
Old Tue, Nov-09-04, 16:32

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by doflicker
Would love to correspond with some people close to home.

where are u from?
  #160   ^
Old Wed, Nov-10-04, 07:25

Stats: 223/166.4/145.8 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 73%
Default Nova Scotia

I'm from Nova Scotia.........about two hours from Halifax
  #161   ^
Old Fri, Nov-12-04, 02:52
Low-Carber 4 Life

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 355/232/195 Male 6'0"
BF:(?/<?/<<?)
Progress: 77%

Welcome to the forums fellow Maritimers!

I have met many people from Canada on this board since I started in Feb. Not too many from the Maritimes though. Good to see some people starting up.

Good luck to all of you!
  #162   ^
Old Mon, Nov-22-04, 17:49

Plan: lowcarb
Stats: 183.5/177/160 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 28%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehloka
Im in freddy town and today is day number 13 (lucky hehe) of Atkins for me, tomorrow is my first weigh in , very nervous, I've lived here for a year (moved from BC) and my DH was born here. I absolutely love it here, and I'd love to share support for some other locals

Hey fellow NBer......I live close to Fredericton as well. So how have you been making out with low carb? I have just started back, have had success with it before but never stuck with it.
  #163   ^
Old Mon, Jan-02-06, 10:46

Stats: 150/132/115 Female 5'0"
BF:
Progress: 51%

Hi! I'm from Edmundston. Believe me, it is hard to do low-carb around here.... the one good thing about doing low-carb here is that even though it is a small town and not much going on here... I'm on the border. Not that Madawaska is a great hub for much of anything... Actually Edmundston is the hub. But I have access to low-carb stuff at the grocery store in Maine.

I'm trying to convince my mom that doing low-carb would greatly improve her health, since she's already testing her blood and taking "sugar-eating" pills. She keeps drinking her pop and eating her chips though.

If there is anyone in the general area, I'd like to chat. I'm glad to see that there is a maritimer group out here though.

Happy New Year!
  #164   ^
Old Mon, Jan-23-06, 04:22

Stats: 150/132/115 Female 5'0"
BF:
Progress: 51%

Well it's Monday January 23... Election Day! Just a reminder to GO VOTE! You may not care, you may think their all crooks... Don't let them steal your vote from you. Use it. Even just spoiliing your ballot will tell the government something. Imagine... 100% election day turn out, but 60% spoiled ballots... The government may be a majority government, but they know that they don't have the people behind them....

/me gets off my soapbox chanting... Go Vote! Get out there and Vote! Keep your Vote! Use your Voice and go Vote!!... fades as I walk away...
  #165   ^
Old Tue, Feb-14-06, 20:17
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins 72 Induction
Stats: 284/180/145 Female 5 ft 2 in
BF:
Progress: 75%
Default Looking for DaVinci syrup

Hello Everybody,

So glad to have found this group online! I live in Milford, Nova Scotia, a little village smack in the middle of the province. I'm doing Atkins, and over the past 4 years have managed to drop from 303 lbs to 188 lbs (as of this morning!). Have had all kinds of ups and downs and stalls and successes, but am determined now to get those last 40 or 50 pounds off.

I would really like to start making my own "Jello" but every recipe I read calls for DaVinci non-sweetened syrups. I have called different places, like Great Ocean Natural Foods in Halifax (who used to carry them), but no luck.

Does anyone out there know of anyplace I might be able to find them?
Would appreciate the help...

Lee