Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1531   ^
Old Fri, Mar-23-18, 04:04

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Jaz......was so happy to see a notice of a post from you last night only to find out that you had the disappearing post syndrome. Hope you had a good night's sleep and feel well this morning. I know you have a busy weekend coming up.

Blue...YAY for an "up" day! Hope you didn't overdo it. It sure is hard to accept being sick when you are typically a healthy person. Have you ever said to yourself "No....I WILL NOT get sick" and tried to keep pushing? Sometimes that works and sometimes it backfires big time. Hoping you are over the hump now.

Trig...hope DD is feeling better today. Nothing much worse than the stomach bug. Hope the rest of the family doesn't come down with it.

KMom...I loved what you said about blips. I am right there with you. In my WOE there will always be blips, but it's what I do after the blip that will tell the tale.

Nic...still laughing about the video you emailed of your family face planting in the snow. I guess it would have to be the perfect type of snow to make such a good imprint. Whoever thought to do that??

Well, I got out and did my run yesterday. The running part was quite easy, but then came the hill repeats. OY! I found a hill at the college campus just 1/2 mile from our house. It is in a grove of trees and leads to the campus from some of the student dorms. Only a few people around so no gawkers as I ran up this insanely steep hill and then walked back down. I never made it all the way to the top running, but always finished by walking up the rest of the way. I was supposed to do it for 15 minutes, but I think I only made it 12 minutes. When you feel like you're going to throw up, it's time to quit in my book! My improvement will be measured by being able to run up the whole way in the next few weeks. My next run is a 4 miler on Sunday. I'm anxious to see if it's any easier this week. I remember last Sunday being a struggle as I hadn't slept well and really had to push to get it done. Hoping for an easier time on this long run.

My eating has been right on point this week and have a 4 lb loss to show for it. Feeling much better without that "inner tube" around my waist. That was an awful feeling. I'm meeting with my trainer this morning at 7 for our first hour long session together. First on the agenda will be the "Styku Body Scan". You can google it and see what it's all about. It may give me more details and 3D pictures than I want to see! After that she will put me to work for an hour. I see a nap in my future. I have to stop at the grocery store which is right next door to the gym and then I'll be home for the day.

Well, I have to eat a small breakfast before I head to the gym. Wishing my appointment was a bit later. Off I go!
Sponsored Links
  #1532   ^
Old Fri, Mar-23-18, 04:44

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Morning Ladies- 3nd time a charm to post!

I am going to change up my post. Just to keep you all at the edge of your seat! HAHAHAH.
I have a huge gratitude list going on right now! As peaceful and as I feel I am also coming off a huge adrenaline high that lasted for about 3 weeks. I was really running on fumes for the 3 weeks before I moved. I had the end of course paper, the closing, and a move all within a short time.
I realize just how exhausting it is. Now I just need to catch with myself!!!!

I was supposed to go to Greenville this weekend, but my DD pushed it back a week. She wanted me to babysit and help with a Easter egg hunt, but the weather is not going to be good. She really wants to go hiking! She can't have both weekends. I have stuff to do too! I LIVE for my weekends!

I have tentative dates for MN- flying in 15th- leaving 17th. 15th is a Sunday- get in get settled. Mon & Tue in a class room- then flying out Tue evening. So I think Sunday would be best to get together! I will try to get the earliest flight! I think it would be SO cool to meet both of you gals! BLUE/ KMOM! I hate to fly though! URGHHH that is the only thing! I will have firm dates next week. But that is what they were thinking!

You know- rhetorical here, the thing about LC lifestyle is this: It is easier to get right back up on the LC Horse when ya fall off, than other or no diet at all.
I was so tired yesterday- I have not been to the store yet in the new place. I brought what I had over from the apt.
My ribs- were a bust. I have an empty kitchen right now. That will be fixed TODAY!

Anyway long story short- I had a blip last night. I have noticed that when I am tired and UNPREPARED I can made a not so great meal choice.
Today however I will go to the meat market and will be on plan. All my plans sorta fell through yesterday. Planning is KEY to staying on track regardless of what lifestyle one is on. So I have to get on that TODAY.
The good news/ bad news= good news I am back on track/ I have bloat and feel life crap. However I would be more worried if my body didn't revolt. That would be scarier.

So happy it's Friday- I have a busy day on tap though. URGHHH.... We have big wigs touring our office and an interview! REALLY a FRIDAY????-----------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------
Nic- Love the video- how much fun in the snow! GEEZE though are ya ever going to get some Spring?
Have a question for you. How do you keep your IP from SMELLING??? I have changed out the rubber ring- and used white vinegar. It STILL SMELLS!!!!!
Also I put ribs in Thur. used the slow cooker mode- they were burned to a hockey puck. urghhhhhhh - suggestions?

Trig- have you fixed up the camper? When is your trip?
Glad your kiddo feeling better. I really hope you and the hubby are spared. Seems I ALWAYS got whatever the kids had. Stomach bug and all. It really sucked at times. The beginning of school seemed to also bring on the colds and flu. Hope this misses you! Eat light!

Kmom- Water Thur7/5- yes I was extra thirsty. Why? Ever notice that when you have carbs the water needs go up? So yes great on the water- but the reason sucks. I am STILL THIRSTY!!!! So I WILL FLUSH BIG TIME TODAY!
So hope you and Blue can work it out we can meet! I am not where I want to be wt wise- but hey we are neighbors here! Come meet me!

Lori- Hey our bouncing running gal! I am walking more and more! Nowhere close to what you are doing- BUT I am moving forward in that area! I am going to check out those YOU TUBES - you all are watching! Maybe Sunday while it's raining!

Blue- Last but not least! See above for dates. Glad you are feeling better!!!!!! I had a huge post response for you- before it was lost. I am now out of time- but want to get back with you.

BRB-
  #1533   ^
Old Fri, Mar-23-18, 07:03

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Blue- Glad you are feeling better, dear heart, and feeling the wind beneath your wings as you adjust to this new life. I do think that you will find benefits to it- heck, you are doing so already! Continue to take time for recovery as I think your body is still healing.

Kara and Nate- Yes! So cool to watch their adventures. I actually went to the beginning and am slowly making my way through the series although it will take me a good long time! I have to say, though, that the way they travel is not the way I would want to travel for a myriad of ways. Definitely for the young! The video they put up yesterday (flower Holi) was IMO pretty darn scary. This is one way their youth could actually work against them- Kara could easily have been hurt or at the very least groped in that kind of a crowd that is predominately men. That being said, I am NOT a crowd person and was practically hyperventilating watching that. I would have probably been hysterical and I am not even kidding!

Agree with you about the brain/stress/gut and body connection. Absolutely unequivocally true. We are just beginning to understand the huge effect the gut has on all the rest of the body.

Lori- so you got some snow as well it sounds like! Good on you for your weight loss and your walking/running etc. Go girl!

Jaz- How cool that you will get to meet Blue and maybe KMom too! That is wonderful. Take pics! I'm a little jealous- I want in on it too!

IP Ring- definitely retains an odor and from what I can tell, it just does and there is little to do about it. I keep my IP in a cabinet, and always leave the lid off and the ring out to air. Otherwise I just let it be.

Not sure why the Slow cook mode would have been a problem. Did you check your manual? I think there are settings for warm, low and high. I do think it runs at a higher temp. Did you leave the sealing thing open? Not sure what to tell you. I think when I have used it as a slow cooker I have the lid on but the sealing knob turned to open and not closed.

Trig- Hugs to the kiddo- sorry she was sick. I think it is incredibly sweet that she was watching Benji- talk about going old school!

KMom- Yay that you like Kara and Nate too! I can see that the India section would be so much fun for you to watch given that you have a child from there. I totally get what you are saying about the food- warnings of "Delhi belly" from the street food are legendary.

In a previous video it actually showed them cooking some Naan and it was fascinating how it was done. Very cool!

Add me to the list of people who LOVE Mr. Rogers. A real gem and totally stayed under the radar while living a wonderful loving life.

Really glad your WOE is going well and you are staying on track. Go you!

•••••••••••••

So after a winter of no snow, we got an awesome snow- six inches. YAY!! It was a cause of celebration around here- felt like a Super Bowl Sunday! Little school was had this week (released half-day Tuesday for heavy sleet, then off Wed and Thurs) which added to the happiness. That being said, celebration and party food was had and my gut is not very pleased with me now. Resting it (while drinking coffee, probably not smart) and needing to drop the water weight gain.

I've had trouble remembering what day it was all week long with the schools being out. It has felt like winter break. On Thursday the boys went out to lunch and to see Black Panther so that was a nice treat for them. I went out to dinner last night with two other ladies- one of them is traveling to Utah and AZ this summer and she was getting trip info from us since we had both been there. I was able to share a couple of books I have on National Parks and a guidebook to hiking the parks in Utah.

Looking toward a relatively quiet day today unless DS19 wants to go do something. I'm peeing constantly from the carb-fest at the moment!

Leaving with DD22 for FL on Tuesday so that is coming up fast and furious!
  #1534   ^
Old Fri, Mar-23-18, 07:13

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Blue so hear ya on wanting those home comforts when sick It sounds like you have mentally started to come to terms with 'everything' on your loaded plate....and girl you were loaded. Just a ton fell on ya at one time. Mentally you flip a bit, everyone does but the key is you are balancing it all out now, you can see and feel the changes---like loving you don't have to deal with the idiots at work and do things their way when you feel things should be so different....or different personalities you have to change/adapt to baby and get thru the day. Life WILL BE ON YOUR OWN TERMS NOW! THAT IN ITSELF IS A HUGE PLUS IN LIFE When out from under corp. BS we all are more at ease. No 'playing' anymore for you. You and the DH are on your terms now thru life and what a huge stress reliever that is truly!! You are going to rebound just fine and honest to goodness I can not wait to hear you decorating the new place, meeting new people, finding that new home stride I know you will find! I am super excited to hear about your new cool future with less stress and home maintenance and that freer side of you guys! oh yea

Lori, holy cow on that running up the hill and doing it in stages and getting it done. You are 'in training' and that is no doubt. More power to you Lori cause you are moving and shaking it fine thru the colder months!! Can't wait to hear about your big race day overseas You are working toward and goal and achieving it...so cool

Jaz, take your time. Relax a bit. Don't go too much overboard cause in the end ya deflate big time, maybe have a meltdown or something cause you are overloaded LOL I want to hear about your big day when ya sit in the backyard, watching Bella roam around free, some ribs on your BBQ and you sipping some wine in your new lounge chair listening to some cool tunes on the radio....and in the nice warm sun just chill-axing along! Now that is a fine day right there ya know!!! HEY girl, maybe a nice hot tub for 2 in that backyard.....ahhh, I can see it now, all the above with a nice spa hot tub next to you for cooling off or warming up in colder months, with a ton of jets to relieve the old bones....ok I am moving to your house if ya get the hot tub spa ya know

Leave on the 29th....taking 2 days kinda to drive down, drive like 8-9 hrs and pull over and rest for like 4-5 hr sleep and hit road again to hit the Miami campground the next morning. Kinda taking our time on this trip and not rushing too much....last day in this campground is April 8, leave on the morning of the 9th and we might come straight home or we might detour and have a few days adventure doing whatever the heck we want don't care about school, this is all before EOG tests and kiddo is in fine shape so....I love having the 'come home' trip to be determined LOL I want that on the fly freedom. Screw the planned must be schedules anymore for us HA

I don't do ribs in the slow cooker, never liked them in there cause they don't bark/crisp up like I like so I do mine in the oven and when I do, I do very high heat, like 375 for like 2 hrs to get that crispy fatty bark and then lower for like another hr and eat up....I do a ton of them at one time cause to me ribs heat up wonderful after.......but I buy the BIG St Louis style rack....not the little baby back type. I do big ribs that can handle this cooking style I do on them.

Nicco, omg that video was so fun and so cool. never knew the phone would bring out the face plants so vividly and like in 3D kinda. That was just wild.
but then ya got snow, bleck HA but at least ya enjoyed it
You hit the road on Tues, yes that is coming fast Sounds like a fun time is coming fast tho

hey all
kiddo on mend
off today tho, she is kinda cruddy but recovering
Said she wanted a new tv and I said why, this big old thing is fine but she said color ain't great and I said, get the tv remote and change it...HUH? I can change the color and all? Of course you can LOL I mean we do things like this in front of her yet none of that info ever sticks in the brain.....so we walked thru how to change contrast, color, sharpness, brightness and all that and it was like WOW, so cool you can do that.....omg ya know, I am just laughing here cause knowing her in the future, if something is 'just off' she is gonna trash it and go buy a new one when all ya have to do is KNOW what your product is and how it works. oh well.........hee hee

anyway
hubby to take truck to service, his computer screen is wonky, great, just what we don't need now, thank goodness for warranty
In camper for me, turning on fridge and getting stuff into it know to get ahead of the game of it all.

nothing much more
this and that
we got sun today but cold as frozen snot out there...ugh and possible snow coming? are ya kidding here.
I SO LONG for the 80s in Miami soon. bring it on!

tired of bacon eggs
doing meatloaf for brunch time
dinner, have to hit the grocery in search of some great seafood, thinking some kind of shrimp/meat like surf and turf on the grill tonight maybe...we shall see

great day all
  #1535   ^
Old Fri, Mar-23-18, 07:44

BF:

Oh my....was that trainer session ever a reality check. Starting with the 3D body scan.....Yikes! It says I am average and have less body fat than 50% of women in my age group. it does a digital measurement at all the places(plus) where you would measure with a tape measure. Interesting, but weird to see yourself on your computer screen.

Then came the working out with the trainer. Upper body strength is not an issue, but balance and core strength are lacking big time. Now I have another thing to add to my list of activities. Core work and balance practice.
I will meet with her again next Wednesday. She gave me a couple exercises to do every day to help with my core strength and I'll work on balance too. Knocked me down a few pegs to be sure. Just goes to show you that boot camp is not all you need. Onward!

Last edited by Lori_:) : Fri, Mar-23-18 at 14:43.
  #1536   ^
Old Fri, Mar-23-18, 09:57

Plan: 20 net carbs
Stats: 250/210/175 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

WATER HOUNDS

Monday: Jaz 6/5, Blue 4/3, KMom 4/5
Tuesday: Jaz 5/5, Bue 3/3, KMom 3/5
Wednesday: Jaz 6/5, Blue 4/3, KMom 6/5
Thursday: Jaz 7/5, Blue 3/3, KMom 5/5

Water intake on target for this week Jaz and Blue! Or even better! The beginning of the week presented me with some challenges for getting my water in, but I am on track now!
  #1537   ^
Old Fri, Mar-23-18, 17:39

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all.

Lori---Girl, I don't know if I'd have the courage to do that 3D body thing-a-ma-jiggy you had done. Since I consider you a paragon of exercise effort, I can't imagine what my report would be. Speaking of exercise, I could just FEEL that "I'm going to throw up if I run one more foot up this hill" feeling. Still, what a great way to test and grade your goals. I have no doubt we'll be hearing from you in the not too distant future that you're motoring your way to the top of the hill, no biggy.

Jaz---That is GREAT news that they have you scheduled to come in on a Sunday, just what I was hoping for. It will be so much easier to get to you where you are on a Sunday. Where you'll be is about 30 minutes from my house w/no traffic, w/traffic would be well over an hour on a week night, so I'm thrilled, even though you're well worth driving over an hour to see, and I'd do it, but nice that it looks like I won't have to. Can't wait. We are going to have a very fun dinner! Again, let me know what hotel you'll be in and I can start thinking of some places around there for us to wine and dine!

I'm thinking yesterday may have been National Blip day?! You, Nic and Me--the naughty girls of yesterday. But "that was yesterday, and yesterday's gone." (Chad and Jeremy, gorgeous old song, check it out on YouTube)

Trigger---All hail to our forever good girl! Well at least on the woe, and now no ciggies either (BRAVO, can't say it enough). Hmmm and still, there must be some new way you can be naughty.

You're right Trig. I AM beginning to get my head above the water and see a warm beautiful beach, to put it in language we both so get. Speaking of which, I'm getting so excited for you for your upcoming trip. As I mentioned a bit ago, I googled your camp site and loved the looks of it, including fun round pool. Looks like a great old fashioned fun camp site. Wish you were the kind to bring your lap top and share as you go, but I totally get your choice to leave it ALL behind. Still, I'll be thinking of you, knowing you'll be such a happy chappy-ette w/warm sun on your face, and Miami breezes blowing thru your hair.

Nic---So get what you're saying about Kara and Nate, fun to watch, but same for me, gotta be young to do some things they do w/out giving it a second thought.

Funny, but the small thing I couldn't get over was Kara wearing flat strappy sandals all over the streets of India. A. I would have shin splints like heck if I walked that much w/so little support, and B. NO, I wouldn't be going all but barefoot on the streets of Indian cities. Not to be a cultural snob, because I wouldn't do it in places in this country either. Still, if I had to get a nail in the foot, I wouldn't want it to happen in Mumbai! Fascinating place, but there is such a feeling of chaos about large Indian cities to those unfamiliar and not adapted to it.

But I DO SO LOVE "traveling" with them on my sofa, another gift from a pal here (YOU) that just keeps on giving. Again, your word was perfect, so "immersive." Just what the doc ordered for this gal these days---cares and worries packed away, just taking in the sights and yeah, imagining the tastes and smells.

Your snow day sounded "delicious" in all ways. I'm w/you girl, nothing like a good snow day! As long as you don't have to be anywhere, it's cozy as heck, so pretty, and always feels to me like an unexpected holiday.

K-mom---My tulips are ALL in bloom! So pretty sitting on my dining room table. Again, Talk about a gift that keeps on giving.

Won't bug you about it, will just say this one time, hope you join Jaz and me for dinner out. If not, I understand, will leave it up to you to let us know if you can.

Friday water---Boring old 3/3. Not great, but I just count the pure water, and always getting more in other ways. Wow, Jaz is like our new wild and wonderful water woman!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nic, so gotcha on wondering what day it is, different reasons for me. Today a pal called and mentioned it was Friday, and I thought, it is?

I do look forward to finding my routine in this new life, which has been put off with all the sick stuff and energy recovery, but I'll get there. In a way, NOT having a routine is kind of refreshing.

Feeling good about what I got done today for first time in awhile. I am taking on my office, goal being to get rid of EVERYTHING that will not move with us. My office is not just a room, thanks to the former owners of our home, it's a library. They had hand carved walnut bookcases built on every wall but one, perfect for me, the ultimato book worm. (And that's not to mention the ceiling which they had an artist oil paint, Italiano style, with the gods of the ancient world. Not kidding. It's amazing, and for so many years when I've been stuck w/out an idea or the next sentence for work, I've just leaned back in my chair, looked up, and talked to the gods. Will SO miss that. )

Anyways, you can bet I've filled all those shelves w/books, photos, mementos, everything and anything that's caught my fancy over all these years, but mostly books. And 90% of them have to go, as we also have two big bookcases in the living room, which will go with us, as I will ALWAYS have the best/my fave books around me, even if I mostly read on kindle these days---and you can see why! No room at the Inn for one more book.

So, filled several boxes w/books today, as well as getting rid of all kinds of this and that, which pinched my heart several times, but must be a warrior of lightening up---channeling Trig, channeling Trig. Got about 25% done. So much more to do, EVERYWHERE, but I feel good tonight about having had the energy and spirit to get going!

There will be more of this kind of talk in the months to come and I apologize preemptively for being boring on this, and totally encourage "skimming."

But gals, K-mom brought up such an interesting analogy for me. US/our thread, = neighbors. And in a way, that made so much sense to me. In fact, I talk to y'all much more often than I do my neighbors.

I believe we've been brought together over our woes, but something about this little old thread, was destined for more. The good, the bad and the ugly.

Last edited by Blue52 : Fri, Mar-23-18 at 18:13.
  #1538   ^
Old Fri, Mar-23-18, 18:57

BF:
Progress:

Just wanted to share two things tonight:

1) I found this saying on a thread from a while ago...

Looking to my experiences working with thousands of patients over the course of the past dozen years, it's clear that liking the life you're living while you're losing weight is the key to keeping it off.--Dr. Yoni Freedhof

Love that saying. I am so thankful I like the life I am living while i attempt to lose weight eating LC. The food is tasty, I feel good, and I know I am eating a lot healthier than before LC.

2) I found this at TJ's a couple of days ago. Walking slowly up every aisle checking the carbs on almost everything, finally paid off!!!

It is zero carbs! I picked up a second package to look at it just in case the first one was marked wrong.

Trader Joe's Chili Lime Chicken Strips. Breast of chicken marinated in a chili lime vinaigrette, then grilled.

Oh my! So tasty. So easy. Just heat! I paired it with some riced cauliflower and broccoli. All so easy and fast.

Blue, have you seen it?

I am pretty pumped!

K-Mom 10x4
  #1539   ^
Old Fri, Mar-23-18, 20:04

BF:

I will check in with you all tomorrow- binging on Kara and Nick!!!!! I am in Japan right now........

Till the morning ladies- grilled and winding down.
  #1540   ^
Old Sat, Mar-24-18, 03:28

BF:

Good Morning!

Up way too early at 4:30. Miss Kitty made a quick trip outside, came in for breakfast and is now cuddled up on my lap. I really could have used a couple more hours sleep. Maybe a nap will be in order today. I have to work from 5:45-10 tonight. Short shift.

Today I must do my core & balance exercises at some point. I'm still in a bit of disbelief on how weak my core muscles are. I really thought I was in better shape than that! I guess that's why I'm paying the trainer....to find my weak spots and help me correct them.

Blue...I love your description of your office, especially the ceiling. WOW! That must be awesome. I am so envious of your impending meet up with Jaz. Wish I could join you. I just know you will hit if off immediately. I have met in person many of my online friends and it has been a wonderful experience. Just think, I'm traveling to Edinburgh Scotland to spend a long weekend with 10 women that I met online years ago! I have spent time with some of them before and for some it will be the first time we've met IRL. The internet has been a blessing to me in bringing me friends that I never would have met otherwise.

I hope you all have a good weekend. Like Blue, I have to stop and think what day it is. This is Saturday, right?
  #1541   ^
Old Sat, Mar-24-18, 06:38

BF:

GOOD MORNING LADIES!!!!

Nic- I too watched Kara and Nate. It is for the young. I was flabbergasted at the thought of a community BATH. True in Japan it might be the norm- but OMG. I don't think I will watch anymore. As interesting as the travel video I find fascinating- it is for the young. Not something I can even relate too. These kids these days!!!!!

Speaking of my son was talking about his 10 year HS reunion. He was speaking about one of his "old" in age teachers. I politely ask how old she was at the time. His guys was 42-43? OLD OLD OLD OMG!!!!!! I loved my 40's

Time for you to travel. Speaking of old ladies- refresh my memory as to why you are going to FL with your DD???? - Safe travels at any rate!

BLUE- Loved your apology of 3 naughty ladies!!! HAHAHAHAH- But THAT WAS yesterday! HA -
Ok- news. "They" has changed my dates- 16-19. The 19th- is out as I will be in class and taken directly to the airport! So it has to be Monday I hate that. But they are considering changing up my location as well now to the Prairie location, or downtown. I won't know until Monday. BUT .....Let plan to meet anyway. I can also meet you half way. I can Uber half way. It will work out.

I am very glad you are feeling better. I get ya on decluttering! However you will feel amazing when you do it! Believe it or not- I get a sense of power in doing it. It's very freeing. Speaking of packing- today will be a unpacking day still! I only have a few boxes in the study left to unpack! Then I will be "all" in.

Oh- And please write about your process! See because I did I took you all on my journey! We want to be on yours!

KMOM- I do consider us neighbors and friends! All of us! Back in days of old, we would send off the kids to school and have coffee together. Well we sorta do that! I have my coffee and chat you ladies up! - then I might even check in before bed to see if I have "missed" anything! HAHAHAH
I do hope you come too! I will send the details to Blue- when I get them. Hopefully I will have a fixed place and time next week.

Speaking OF TJ. I have found those chicken strips you are speaking of. I did exactly what you did, paired it with the cali rice. Really really good. The only thing is you have to eat them really fast or they go bad, and they are fairly high in salt! But in a pinch yes they are very good.

TJ also has the plain too! That isn't bad- but I taste super in it. I can detect sugar in anything. Even though though the package says ZERO carbs- they inject the chicken with some crap that includes sugar.

Water- 5/5 yesterday. I have been super thirsty this week. Peeing like crazy. Thankfully I know it is not a blood sugar issue!
What does your weekend look like?

Lori- OMG- if you are just average, like BLUE- my goodness I would fail it no question. However so awesome in how proactive with your health you are. No doubt you will come back stellar. Wow!!! Keep it up my friend! I find it puzzling you are weak in your core??? WTF??
You are at goal too right?

TRIG- You know what, I almost uploaded my FIRST dinner picture from the grill. MY GRILL!!!! HAHAHAH- I had to laugh at the thought of the hot tub. But then I was like- Why the Hello not!!!! I have a back yard now! Granted it is a dime stamp- But big enough to do a few things I want.
YES I AM GRILLING! My patio is right off the living room area- I had the back door open to let Bella come and go. I LOVE that it is fenced. I don't have to worry about her. SHE LOVES HER BACK YARD.

Glad the kiddo is feeling better. So funny on teaching her how to use the TV!!!! HAHAHAHAH
Getting the glamper road ready! I have of course TRAVEL envy! How long will it take you? Are you going straight down 75? Do you have a new swimsuit?
I want to see your camp site- Email the name- so I can look it up !!!! So happy for you- it is put that spark back. Hopefully by the time you get back- will will be in full springtime!
---------------------------------------------------------------
I am so happy I get a weekend! Last weekend was moving- so this is my first "real" weekend in my new home. One week now- feels like I have been here longer!
I will cut the dime stamp grass today! I am sorta excited about it too! The grass is coming in nice.
Love my grill- got a really nice cover for it. It is supposed to be nice today and rain all day tomorrow.

I have a ton to do. I want to get rid of th last few boxes- and straightened up the garage a bit. I am able to get my car in. That has been SWEET!

OH OH OH the best thing yesterday! I found a real meat market butcher! On noticed it on the way to work yesterday. I looked them up and then stopped by on my way home. Yup got a BEAUTIFUL filet and stuffed mushrooms for the grill. OMG good! They only sell Angus, and free range. They also have a small fish selection. The thing I really like is that it is all from USA- not imported, frozen, or from somewhere unknown.
They do their own cutting. I really hit them up for some great cuts of meat. I got a few lean steaks, Chicken wings for tonight, and cheeseburgers on the grill for tomorrow.

I can see where finding this gem will save me money. I get just what I need for a couple days. No waste. No huge shops. Just what I need. They also sell a few in season veggies. Not alot- but enough. I picked up some asparagus, and broccoli. It is a real find.

Their chicken is free range, no steriods, and they chop it. Wings tonight- and a small romaine salad. Boom done! I look forward to it. I like doing one meal on the weekend. It just works for me.

I am shopping for a storm door for the front door. I want more light- and I love having a open door. I love the one that has the built in screen option. The one I want is from Anderson Windows- I have t submit a "request" to the home owner organization. I sorta rebel against that- but it is what it is.

Ok ladies- off into my day! Today is on plan
Oh the egg hunt/ Greenville day with the kiddo was postponed until next weekend.
  #1542   ^
Old Sat, Mar-24-18, 07:33

BF:
Progress:

WATER HOUNDS

Monday: Jaz 6/5, Blue 4/3, KMom 4/5
Tuesday: Jaz 5/5, Bue 3/3, KMom 3/5
Wednesday: Jaz 6/5, Blue 4/3, KMom 6/5
Thursday: Jaz 7/5, Blue 3/3, KMom 5/5
Friday: Jaz 5/5, Blue 3/3, KMom 5+/5

Blue, 3/3 is not boring! I know you lowered your goal, but the fact is you are making it most of the time. Good job!
  #1543   ^
Old Sat, Mar-24-18, 08:20

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Trig- I totally agree with you regarding Blue and all the wonderful and positive changes she is already seeing and those that have yet to come as they move in to the new place.

Your trip pace sounds wonderful to me. I think you will have a great time.

LOL over your DD and the color issue on her TV. That is funny! Good thing you were there to show her what's what!

Blue- What is the timeframe planned for listing the house and so forth, or is that not yet hammered down? I am glad that you are making incremental steps and giving yourself time to absorb everything.

I do recall the library room of your home more than anything else that I saw, and the ceiling in it. So completely gorgeous! I do imagine you in there when I see you in my mind's eye.

I had the same thought about Kara (and Nate for that matter) and the sandals. That being said, they are perhaps more washable than shoes? I think she mentioned she was wearing Birkenstocks and I know they also mentioned Chaco, both of which have good foot support vs your regular sandal. I actually considered getting a pair of Chaco sandals (sold at Nordstrom) but wasn't sure if I liked the fit of them or not. They aren't cheap so I'm still thinking about it but Nordstrom has an amazing return policy on shoes.

Lori- Girl, if you are unhappy or surprised by your results then I cannot even begin to imagine where I would fall! Sounds like it just motivated you, though, so that is great. I am glad you like the trainer.

I've met online friends and traveled with them as well. My longest-running group of online friends is 22 years of friendship! I just saw one of them this past year. My second-longest is almost 20 years along and I have met most of them.

KMom- I like that quote and it is so true! Also your find from TJs sounds good! I have been trying to wander slowly the aisles of Sprouts but it is still too new and popular. Aldi also has some really good (carb counts wise) preprepared stuff. I tend to be a little on the pickier side with those types of things but it is nice in a pinch!

Jaz- Glad you are enjoying Kara and Nick, even if you are burned out on it! I just think it is cool to see all the different places. I just finished watching the series on Angkor Wat, which I didn't even KNOW about, so my mind was just expanded.

DD and I are traveling to Orlando to Give Kids the World Village to do some volunteering. Then she and I and a friend of hers will be spending one night at Universal, which gives us two park days. After that, they leave and it is back to Give Kids the World village for me to do some more volunteering before I head back on Wednesday.

You sound super happy in your new place, with your backyard and your new grill and getting unpacked and cozy. So happy for you! You certainly deserved this new excitement to come your way. And now you are a GYSPY no more! You are a homeowner and set up and settled!
•••••••••••••••••

BTW, as an aside, I was just watching a beautiful hawk. It landed on the tree between my yard and my neighbor's yard, and it's wings and tail were gorgeous! It then flew away with a loud call. Very cool!

We are in that strange weather time now that is very cold when you are outside (especially with winds) but then when you are in the car or whatever you actually get hot and open the window.

Today is a slow day- baseball practice for DS16 only- and then at five we are meeting my SIL, BIL, nephew, MIL, FIL for dinner (along with DH and my two boys) and then we are all going to see my niece in her last middle school musical. It's the Little Mermaid. She will be starting high school in the fall!

Tomorrow DS19 goes back to college. I think he has had a really nice break, more slow paced which I think he has enjoyed, and we got to see more of him between the snow and also his GF being sick. We've all enjoyed the time with him.

I've got some bacon I got from Sprouts in the oven right now. It is their own brand and butcher cut and cured. Curious to see how it is. Now a bad price- 6.99 a pound, thick cut. I only eat thick cut bacon. That is the one thing I do not get sick of!

Cooking up a Mississippi pot roast tomorrow and will eat that tomorrow and Monday, then vac-seal the rest for leftovers. I tell you, I *love* the vac seal thing I got. Wonderful!
  #1544   ^
Old Sat, Mar-24-18, 09:21

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori if I was you I would be put into an exercise hospital with what is wrong with me HA HA I bet you change yourself up real good and fast with this trainer. You are lucky you like the exercises stuff a lot and enjoy doing it, I wish I had that bug you have

Jaz, I got ya thinking on that hot tub huh now?? yea you have the space, if ya want one go for it....they got great smaller units that won't bust the bank and imagine sipping wine in the fall in your HOT tub and chilling out....oh yea I can do it for sure....or be a polar bear club person, out in the super COLD into your HOT tub and back out again.....hey this is the good life if ya just grab it.
SO HAPPY you are grilling and loving it!!!

I am like you. I can taste sugar in anything...and I mean anything LOL If I take a nibble of some meat or something hubby has on his plate eating out, I instantly taste the sugar and say it is loaded with sugar and he says NAH, it is not! Thing is everything is sugar injected in some form out there, it is in every single thing from the marinades to spices to all of it...and like you, one taste and I get that sweet hit instantly. Almost a curse in a way LOL but a good thing also HA

oh yea Nicco, I can't wait to read the adventures of Blue's new lifestyle happening...omg it will be just a wonderful read and I literally can't wait
This is a slow day you listed? More power to ya! My slow days are way slower than that HA

KM, you can make that fresh easily. Sure it is 0 carb but then the freshness comes into play. NOW DO not get me wrong here at all, I love convenience also! But lately I now do only fresh meats. Your chili lime vingrette is super simple to make fresh, marinate fresh chicken and BAM you got it....and thing is it ends up being cheaper Cheaper is what I go for definitely. But that is the frugal in me! HA....but glad you searched and destroyed the store finding the 0 carb product!! I remember those days, reading all the labels and thinking, hmm, can I or shouldn't I? LOL Thing is I read that you shouldn't buy ANY food with over 3-4 ingredients listed. Can you imagine? Some of the junk I buy has a 3 page ingredient list of crap in it HAHA ---just some thoughts

crap gotta run cause everyone is wanting to go soon to the mall....yea hubby wants Bass Pro and gonna rain here today so off we go...ribs or wings probably in my future when I get dragged to eat out

will come back and finish up later....great day all
  #1545   ^
Old Sat, Mar-24-18, 18:16

BF:

Just a quickie post-

Trig- I could do the hot tub thing. I am a bath girl anyway! Oh ya! I might look into that NEXT year- I want to see about the enclosure first with a deck. Sent picks of the pretty back yard- I MOWED my WEEDS TODAY. Someday the grass will come up.

I had some awesome wings today. Like you I don't buy meat that says it has been injected with anything. I want the purest form! Can't do sweet- like poison to my taste bud.

I was so busy today- Started off unpacking a few boxes, then 3 loads of laundry- then mowed. After that off to Home Depot again! No Gypsy here! My wallet screaming home owner!

Put my wings in- decided no veggies or anything- just wings. Had 1/2 glass wine and took a 1.5 nap. FORCED myself to get up. Either that or I would have be rested and up at 2!!!!!! HAHAHAHA

I repotted all those flowers- to new pots- and put bird seed in the feeder. I want to see if I get any birds. Think is- Bella wants to eat the seed on the ground! Can she????? That dog will eat anything I swear! ANYTHING-

I am going to dig out that scale sometime tomorrow.
Tomorrow I am in for the day- want at home and putter day. Hooked on a trashy chick series.

Oh- off to fold my laundry and kick back- feel really good about all my moving around as apposed to sitting. Nothing close to Lori. Serious it is scary for me to think of taking those tests - they would take me directly to ICU as a potential hazard of not moving.

I say that as I am about to watch me some Netflix.
Closed Thread