Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, May-12-11, 04:56

Plan: Atkins ~ DANDR
Stats: 230/230/150 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:it is going down!
Progress: 0%
Default 4 Hour Body

Just curious if anyone has tried or done, likes or hates, the plan set out in the 4 hour body by Tim Ferris?! I heard him talk about back in January, and then our library finally got the book so I checked it out. Would love to hear some REAL stories.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, May-12-11, 14:55

Plan: Old School Atkins
Stats: 000/000/170 Female 67 inches
BF:

There are a ton of blogs by folks who are following his slow carb diet.

I think it's pretty good for people who don't have a lot to lose - it's basically low carb with beans.

I loved his book - I wish I had the time and money to experiment with my body for years.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Sep-26-11, 10:32

Plan: my own
Stats: 350/272/195 Male 5 foot 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

Sounds like a bunch of baloney.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Oct-09-11, 07:18

Plan: Slow Carb ish
Stats: 148/128/121 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Hi Sheila.

I am having great success on a slightly modified version of Tim Ferriss' diet. I followed it strictly for 2 months, but have since found I feel better with fewer legumes, and a whole lot more variety in what I eat.

But the principles really do work. For me, dairy was a big problem since I could snack on cheese all day. Two months of going cold turkey with regards to my favorite mature cheddar broke the habit and now I can enjoy a little without going mad and piling on the pounds again.

The best thing about the slow carb diet personally was the idea of a cheat day. I know many would disagree, but knowing all week that if I really wanted something I could have it on a Saturday kept me completely on track all week. Admittedly the first few Saturdays saw me and hubby completely over-indulging. But now that we are used to a less bloated low carb diet all week, we don't really eat that much "naughty" stuff on the weekend now (it is still very nice to know you are allowed to though!).

I was pretty sceptical because Tim does seem to spend far too much time analysing his body in every which way. But after the first week, my body shape had changed (the tape measure proved it) even if my weight was the same!

The 4 hour body isn't for everyone, but it does work and if you have a lot of weight to lose I think the results would be even more impressive.

Just my two cents!
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Nov-10-11, 23:37
Every moment is NOW.

Plan: LC (ketogenic)
Stats: 520/381/280 Female 66 inches
BF: Why yes it is.
Progress: 58%

It really does come down to low-carb, with legumes, and a carb-cycling day. Personally I think this is a pretty good diet for a lot of people.

Man I LOVE the promo for his book though! Come on, is this video not totally inspiring?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIVmsIJyj3A

PJ

PS He has a video on youtube specifically talking about the importance of sleep, probably should add that in.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Nov-15-11, 16:42

Plan: Atkins ~ DANDR
Stats: 230/230/150 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:it is going down!

right now I decided to return to Atkins (sorta... maybe tweaking my OWN plan which btw.. is good for us all at one time or another which includes a carb up day) for now, but may from time to time try the other. I had issues with beans three times a day!
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Feb-22-12, 15:50

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: 237/213.8/179 Male 71 inches
BF:31%/25%/20%
Progress: 40%

I'm doing the four hour body, though not always including that many beans. I find beans WAY satisfying though when I feel like I need something more than protein and fat. And the cheat day is AWESOME!. I go completely NUTS on cheat day. A CInnabon is only the start! Last Saturday I had 24 Reese's cups! I gain a couple of pounds over the weekend then lose about four during the week.

The cheat day makes being strict the rest of the week easy! I just make a mental note of anything I want during the week and then make sure to try to eat it Saturday!