Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Bread & Baked Goods
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Feb-22-04, 16:43

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 182/147/145 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 95%
Default Flax-o-Meal Cereal "flat bread" (sort a)

I bought the LowCarb Success Flax-o-Meal Hot Cereal Butter Pecan flavour, but as a hot cereal, it's awful to my taste. So I've been trying to think of what to do with it.

I added 1/2 cup of the cereal to 2 beaten eggs and mixed thoroughly. I also added about a tbsp of Splenda (for my sweet tooth), but that's optional.
I spread the mixture out on the bottom of a loaf pan (next time I'll make a larger batch and use a cookie sheet) and baked it in the oven until it was firm to touch. Ended up with 4 slices about the size of melba toast and only about 6 carbs total, including the Splenda.

Now it ain't bread like the olden days (before LC), but it's a good way to get some much needed fiber and I couldn't even taste the egg. Tastes great with a generous spread of butter.

Come to think of it, this would probably work well as a muffin mixture, too.

judy
Sponsored Links