Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, Apr-21-12, 14:33

Plan: LC, IF,no sugar
Stats: 294.5/278.3/180 Female 5'9" (top weight was 309)
BF:yes/I/do
Progress: 14%

great idea...i will check in to that...
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sun, Apr-22-12, 17:31

Plan: WW's/ Atkins/George S.
Stats: 317.6/260.4/186 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 43%

I think I am going to start to use my stationery bike and see if that helps any. I do walk alot in my job and stand and often by the time I get home I am ready to sit. My feet are bad and by then I am in slippers at home for the pain and they are killing me.

I hope that when I lose more I will have less foot pain and more stamina. I have a Golden Retriever who loves to run and it does not happen often. She is pretty easy going but quite determined to walk fast on a leash.
  #18   ^
Old Sun, Apr-22-12, 21:34

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 336/286/199 Female 5'11"
BF:Losing it....
Progress: 36%

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloquilts
I think I am going to start to use my stationery bike and see if that helps any. I do walk alot in my job and stand and often by the time I get home I am ready to sit. My feet are bad and by then I am in slippers at home for the pain and they are killing me.

I hope that when I lose more I will have less foot pain and more stamina. I have a Golden Retriever who loves to run and it does not happen often. She is pretty easy going but quite determined to walk fast on a leash.

Hey, you lost some more, WAY to GO!!! Start slow 5-10 min, do you like to bike?
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Apr-23-12, 16:43

Plan: WW's/ Atkins/George S.
Stats: 317.6/260.4/186 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 43%

I used to bike but it has been awhile now!

I do plan on buying a rebounder too but just not yet. I have not dragged out my bike yet but am seriously thinking about it!

My stall was a bit hard to take so I just stopped eating anything that was not real food and increased my water intake. Great advice from Judy and Melissa.
  #20   ^
Old Thu, Apr-26-12, 16:33

Stats: 265/231/175 Male 72 inches
BF:265/231/175
Progress: 38%

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelBB
Intense prolonged cardio has been shown to be bad for you.

Just to comment on this. I doubt that is true.

I was a distance runner from 15 to 30 years of age. I averaged 70 miles per week, running every day, typically 7 min/mile. As I got older, I ran marathons. My typical LSD (Long Slow Distance) were 18 mile runs. And I raced often -- mostly 10K and up.

I know of no distance runners whose health deteriorated while running.

I know you can over train -- for me, 90 miles per week just was too much stress. I also did HIIT training -- 20 1/4mile sprints with 1-2minutes jog/walk/crawl recoveries between each one. That type of workout was too intense/too stressful to do more than one a week (at least for me).

I would suggest that most people do not do any where near that level of training and therefore are not reaching the level of over doing their cardo workouts.
  #21   ^
Old Fri, Apr-27-12, 12:07
Registered Member

Plan: Adkins so far
Stats: 398/358/200 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default I think I am too fat for the rebounder?

How much weight can a mini trampoline take? It would be awful to fall through one of them! I am 200 pounds overweight, no matter what my stats are telling you ( I lied by 100 pounds ) always have been delusional like that, my sisters too! One sister LOST 100, but she adds the 100 by her own OPPOSITE delution. Isn't life as voluptuous women a kick? I think I would love the bouncing, really what are the weight restrictions?
  #22   ^
Old Fri, Apr-27-12, 18:52

so I think I will continue walking....then as more weight comes off, I can start riding my bike to the beach again...there is a 3 mile bike path from my house to the beach and it is pretty...but some up-hilly stuff...so I have to work up to it. And get a new bike seat..the one now is so skinny that I feel as tho it needs to be surgically removed from my bottom every time I stop to get off! TMI...I know...
  #23   ^
Old Fri, Apr-27-12, 18:54

I just rescued a Maltese from the pound with one day left to go b4 being killed....he loves his walks!....he is gonna help me walk off this poundage. His name is Oliver...he is a kick...
  #24   ^
Old Sat, Apr-28-12, 11:55

Stats: 336/286/199 Female 5'11"
BF:Losing it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wezi
How much weight can a mini trampoline take? It would be awful to fall through one of them! I am 200 pounds overweight, no matter what my stats are telling you ( I lied by 100 pounds ) always have been delusional like that, my sisters too! One sister LOST 100, but she adds the 100 by her own OPPOSITE delution. Isn't life as voluptuous women a kick? I think I would love the bouncing, really what are the weight restrictions?

I bought a rebounder and as you can see fro my stats, I have put it through it's paces, I love it, alot of fun, but do not buy a cheap one...get a mid range if you get one.

found this on mark sissons forums:

Did you know that you have MORE Lymphatic Fluid than blood in your system?

About your Lymphatic Fluid:
===============================
* No heart to pump it
* Has its own veins - the Sewer System for our bodies
* drains the waste products from every sell in our body
* We get sickly if our fluid isn't flushed out from exercise.
* Filtered by many "Lymph Nodes"

The body sewage is pumped through lymphatic veins by walking & exercise. Each vein has one-way valves that force sewage out of the body by muscle movement.
  #25   ^
Old Sat, Apr-28-12, 15:35
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judynyc
I walk a lot and have for many years for my work. I believe that losing more than 100 lbs makes it a bit tricky to do many things...but walking is good.
The lymphatic system drains away the fat we are losing and the walking helps it do its work.

Thank you for posting the following, Robyn!

Quote:
found this on mark sissons forums:

Did you know that you have MORE Lymphatic Fluid than blood in your system?

About your Lymphatic Fluid:
===============================
* No heart to pump it
* Has its own veins - the Sewer System for our bodies
* drains the waste products from every sell in our body
* We get sickly if our fluid isn't flushed out from exercise.
* Filtered by many "Lymph Nodes"

The body sewage is pumped through lymphatic veins by walking & exercise. Each vein has one-way valves that force sewage out of the body by muscle movement.

Yes, it true.
  #26   ^
Old Mon, Apr-30-12, 19:49

Plan: atkins
Stats: 300/246/150 Female 5'6"
BF:

I read somewhere about rocking chairs that have a positive affect on the Lymphatic Fluid too. There are many studies about it all the way from NASA to chiropractics that you can google. I have limitations from foot and knee problems that prevent me from doing almost anything, now even swimming. I have lost this far without any exercise. I hope to continue but wish I could exercise.
  #27   ^
Old Tue, May-01-12, 00:35

Plan: LC
Stats: 294/289.4/175 Female 64 in
BF:yikes!!
Progress: 4%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayekaye12
I read somewhere about rocking chairs that have a positive affect on the Lymphatic Fluid too. There are many studies about it all the way from NASA to chiropractics that you can google. I have limitations from foot and knee problems that prevent me from doing almost anything, now even swimming. I have lost this far without any exercise. I hope to continue but wish I could exercise.

I just googled this - (although I actually use "ask").

There was a lot of info on this topic. Thanks for posting this. Looks like our grandparents knew a little something...