Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1801   ^
Old Fri, Jun-23-17, 13:29

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello warriors,
How are you doing today?

De.... have a great trip with your grandson. Enjoy seeing your granddaughters! I agree this wol works so well for me and I feel great. No carb worth eating to ruin the magic!
Jo.... sound greats that the weather is going to return to normal! Enjoy being out and about! Jo my Wally has a new service you go online order your groceries and then drive up and get them. I still go in but heck when my leg was broken that would have worked. I eat simple chik, tuna, eggs, salad and olive oil. Easy order!

Have a fantastic Friday warriors and take care of yourself!
Sponsored Links
  #1802   ^
Old Fri, Jun-23-17, 14:16

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

All packed and ready to go...yay! Thanks Jo & Bernie. I wonder how well he will do for a week away from parents, hopefully good! I'll let ya know he's super excited to go. He did good on the plane when they went to Hawaii and this is a lot shorter so the flight should be fine.

Had more tuna and salad this morning, sounds like a strange breakfast, but not for me!

I've been making iced coffee instead of hot. Don't need any hot drinks with this hot weather. Of course my house is cool, so not sure if it really matters!!!

Enjoy Friday & the weekend all ( or both?)
  #1803   ^
Old Sat, Jun-24-17, 05:40
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%
Talking Saturday, 24 June 2017

Happy Saturday, Warriors!

Hope all is well and wishing each of you a totally kick Azz, BAD Azz 100% OP day as usual!
Stay WARRIOR Strong!

Wow Berni, looks like it's only you and me since Karen and De are off vacationing! We'll hold down the fort!!

Karen said they'd be gone for 10 days, so I expect we'll hear from her Thursday or Friday... I know she's having a great time at da beach!

Carb-Free Food for Thought:

“You either learn to CONTROL your eating or your eating will CONTROL you!”
~ unknown

Onward and DOWNWARD, WARRIORS! We've GOT THIS! Woot! Woot!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ [/QUOTE]

Berni:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie2014
I agree this wol works so well for me and I feel great. No carb worth eating to ruin the magic!
Preach IT, sista! Woot! Woot!
Quote:
Jo.... sound greats that the weather is going to return to normal! Enjoy being out and about!
Yeppers, I will definitely take advantage of it! But then, it's still gonna be in the mid to high 90s, so it's not that "great" if you know what I mean!
Quote:
Jo my Wally has a new service you go online order your groceries and then drive up and get them. I still go in but heck when my leg was broken that would have worked. I eat simple chik, tuna, eggs, salad and olive oil. Easy order!
Wow, you're right, that would have been fab-tastic when I broke my leg too! Yeah, like you, I go into the store and shop. I like to see if they have any "specials" on things I normally buy, KWIM???

Wonder if they'll get around to doing that here too... I'll let you know!

Hey, your grocery list is EXACTLY like mine, except I like to buy salad shrimp occasionally and let's not forget my garlic!

De:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC
All packed and ready to go...yay! Thanks Jo & Bernie. I wonder how well he will do for a week away from parents, hopefully good! I'll let ya know he's super excited to go. He did good on the plane when they went to Hawaii and this is a lot shorter so the flight should be fine.
I wouldn't think the plane ride would be an issue, but away from his 'rents for a week... Hey Imma sure he'll do great, he can always Skype, right?
Quote:
Had more tuna and salad this morning, sounds like a strange breakfast, but not for me!
breakfast is WHATEVER you're lil ole heart desires, my friend!
Quote:
I've been making iced coffee instead of hot. Don't need any hot drinks with this hot weather. Of course my house is cool, so not sure if it really matters!!!
I know what you mean about a cool house, and not sure if it really matters, but I do the same here! I just iced coffee during the late spring and summer!
Quote:
Enjoy Friday & the weekend all ( or both?)
You too! Hope you'll get online and post whilst at your DDs and let us know all the fun things you and the fam are up to!

Last edited by Just Jo : Sat, Jun-24-17 at 05:41. Reason: Option M: More to say of course! HA!
  #1804   ^
Old Sat, Jun-24-17, 13:41

Plan: ketogenic/VLC
Stats: 522/456/399 Female 5'11''
BF:
Progress: 54%

Happy Saturday! I am hoping I can join your group. I have a lot of success on Atkins induction in the past. Ive Lost, Gained, lost, gained... some of you probably know how that goes... About a year ago I lost 60lbs and then maintained with moderate carbs but now I am ready to get the rest of this weight off and start living my life. Atkins '72 induction level is the ONLY way I lose and the only way I feel good. I could really use the motivation and encouragement here if that is OK with you guys!
  #1805   ^
Old Sat, Jun-24-17, 15:41

BF:

Hello warriors,
How are you doing today?
Welcome Mrs K glad 😁 you stopped by! We all stay at biologically zero carbs just Meat, eggs, maybe hard cheese no more than 4 ounces. And two cup of greens.
Karen one of our warriors only eats from the animal kingdom! No plants at all!
Yepper Jo it is just the two of us whilst our other warriors vacation!
Have a spectacular Saturday and take care of yourself!
  #1806   ^
Old Sat, Jun-24-17, 16:31

Plan: ketogenic/VLC
Stats: 522/456/399 Female 5'11''
BF:
Progress: 54%

That is pretty much what I do too! Limited leafy greens and animal kingdom! Looks like I found the right group!

I remember Jo from the old days! I have been on here on and off for over 10 years and I believe was a part of this group (or a similar one) many years ago.
  #1807   ^
Old Sun, Jun-25-17, 06:20
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Happy Day, Warriors!

Hope all is well and wishing each of you a totally spectacular day in every way possible!
Stay WARRIOR Strong!

DDSS is happening here... Did yard work yesterday before it got to stinkin' HOT out. Spent the rest of the day doing inside stuff...

“You will always find the TIME to do the things you really WANT to do!”
~ From Live, Learn and Pass It On

Mrs. K:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.K
Happy Saturday! I am hoping I can join your group.
Hello and !

We'd love to have you join our merrily little band of Warriors!
Quote:
I have a lot of success on Atkins induction in the past. Ive Lost, Gained, lost, gained... some of you probably know how that goes...
I know the "lose, gain, rinse, repeat, recycle" story personally.

Like I told someone in my journal yesterday: Success at this WOE took me many many years (35) of fallin' off the wagon and thinkin' I could do it "my way" aka eating 100% OP 5 days a week then face planting into those toxic carbs on the weekends... kept losing and gaining the same lbs over and over again.

I guess it would have been a great maintenance plan if I hadn't weighed 265 lbs or more...

But that's my past, this is my present and future!
Quote:
About a year ago I lost 60lbs and then maintained with moderate carbs but now I am ready to get the rest of this weight off and start living my life.
Huge CONGRATS on keeping 60 lbs off! That's terrific!
Quote:
Atkins '72 induction level is the ONLY way I lose and the only way I feel good.
That's how we all are here as well! None of us have climbed the carb ladder b/c we are that carb intolerant; even those of us in Maintenance. We're still at Induction level carbs = biological zero and eating real foods (no shakes, protein bars, LC foods, etc).

We truly believe that the only way to be successful at not only losing the weight but keeping it off, is to never CHEAT, no excuses, hence the reason we call our thread HARD CORE!
Quote:
I could really use the motivation and encouragement here if that is OK with you guys!
That's what we're here for to help support and encourage each other along our journeys to better HEALTH and skinny-dom!
Quote:
That is pretty much what I do too! Limited leafy greens and animal kingdom! Looks like I found the right group!
That's awesome! B/c that's the only way we've all been successful here!
Quote:
I remember Jo from the old days! I have been on here on and off for over 10 years and I believe was a part of this group (or a similar one) many years ago.
Hey that's cool that we've met before!

I've been on this incredible forum since Feb 2014 and we started our 1st HC A '72 thread around June or July of 2014.

I remember there was an Atkins 1972 thread around the time I joined that was very active.

If you have any questions, etc, ask and we'll answer to the best of our ability or point you in the right direction.

Keep Fighting the Good HARD Fight b/c you are so WORTH IT!

Berni:
Quote:
Hello warriors,
How are you doing today?
Imma doing super duper terrific! Counting down da days until my bro gets here! Woot! Woot!
Quote:
Welcome Mrs K glad 😁 you stopped by! We all stay at biologically zero carbs just Meat, eggs, maybe hard cheese no more than 4 ounces. And two cup of greens.
The A '72 Acceptable Foods List is on the first page of this thread: second post first link if you don't have the book, Mrs. K!
Quote:
Yepper Jo it is just the two of us whilst our other warriors vacation!
Imma sure De will post whilst in the PNW with her GS... but we'll keep our thread warm for Karen's and De's safe return home!
Quote:
Have a spectacular Saturday and take care of yourself!
Thanks and you too, dear friend!

Last edited by Just Jo : Sun, Jun-25-17 at 06:38. Reason: Option M: More to say of course! HA!
  #1808   ^
Old Mon, Jun-26-17, 06:43
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Monday, 26 June 2017

Wow awfully quiet in here... so I'll get the ball rollin'!
Happy Monday, Warriors!

Wishing each of you a totally kick Azz, BAD Azz 100% OP day as usual!
Stay WARRIOR Strong!

Today is 3 years, 4 months and counting on my maintenance journey!

I can't imagine going back to eating those horribly addictive, insidiously toxic, poisonous killer carb-age foods.

Yeah, "Fat Jo" tries to get into my head every once in a while! But I kick her FAT ass back into that maintenance cage. SHE ain't gonna talk me into face planting into those toxic carbs ever again, since it's totally my choice to eat what I eat and carb-age crap isn't on Jo's Menu ever!

Hey I finished another Mile a Minute Afghan yesterday! Here's the pic:

MaM Afghan 06-25-2017

Imma "knit wit" so Imma currently knitting up a baby afghan...

“The important thing is NOT what others think of YOU but what YOU think of YOURSELF!”

#1809   ^
Old Mon, Jun-26-17, 10:15

BF:

Hello warriors,

How is everyone doing today?

Jo... that Afghan is absolutely gorgeous! Are you selling them? I will buy one and pay for shipping!
Mrs K... sounds like you are following our warriors plan. Stop by and let us know how you are doing!
Have a marvelous Monday and take care of yourself!
  #1810   ^
Old Mon, Jun-26-17, 13:30

Plan: Atkins '72 version'
Stats: 264/232.2/150 Female 5.6
BF:
Progress: 28%

Thanks JustJo for posting the link to this group/thread.

I found the 1972 version book online and it is currently being shipped.
I have been reading all the threads you have shared containing the 1972 induction.

A big thank you! I am starting 1972 induction tomorrow!
This will get me on the right path!!! I just know it!
  #1811   ^
Old Tue, Jun-27-17, 05:17

BF:

Hello warriors,

How is everyone doing today?

Hello to our vacationing warriors De and Karen!
Know you are having a great time and staying warriors strong!

Hello Hindman welcome to the thread and our merry little band of warriors! That Dr. Atkins book will be priceless to you! I still go back to it and find such valuable information especially when there is the noise of doubt or carb cravings in my head! It never fails to quiet the doubt and renew my resolve!
Jo... how are you doing today my dear friend. Few more days your twin be here ! ThAt will be such a wonderful get together!
I think of my brother often. I am over the anger of him stealing my mom's money and leaving her. I still care but he is gone and doesn't want to be found. I have tried some on-line searches even had the police run my mom's plate to find the car. No kucj!
I will just continue to pray that he will resurface!
Have a terrific Tuesday warriors and take care of yourself!

Ps congrats Jo on that momentous maintenance goal! What an awesome job!
  #1812   ^
Old Tue, Jun-27-17, 06:24
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Talking Tuesday, 27 June 2017

Happy Tuesday, Warriors!

Hope all is well and wishing each of you a totally terrific day in every way possible!
Stay WARRIOR Strong!

“When people aim for what they want out of life, they usually aim too LOW.”

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Berni:
Quote:
Jo... that Afghan is absolutely gorgeous! Are you selling them? I will buy one and pay for shipping!
I don't sell them, I give them away as gifts.
Quote:
Hello to our vacationing warriors De and Karen!
Know you are having a great time and staying warriors strong!
Quote:
Hello Hindman welcome to the thread and our merry little band of warriors! That Dr. Atkins book will be priceless to you! I still go back to it and find such valuable information especially when there is the noise of doubt or carb cravings in my head! It never fails to quiet the doubt and renew my resolve!
Me too! It's like my bible at times... really does help me when I need renewed inspiration/motivation!
Quote:
Jo... how are you doing today my dear friend. Few more days your twin be here ! ThAt will be such a wonderful get together!
Imma doing super duper! Yeah, I can't wait to see my bro especially since he's coming alone... KWIM? I love his family dearly, but it will be great just to have him to myself for an entire week!
Quote:
I think of my brother often. I am over the anger of him stealing my mom's money and leaving her. I still care but he is gone and doesn't want to be found. I have tried some on-line searches even had the police run my mom's plate to find the car. No kucj!
I will just continue to pray that he will resurface!
Hopefully he'll resurface sooner rather than later... sorry that he's caused you and your fam so much drama and pain...
Quote:
Ps congrats Jo on that momentous maintenance goal! What an awesome job!
Thanks, my dear friend!!

You know what??? A week from tomorrow will be the 4th anniversary of me re-starting A '72 for the final time!

5th of July 2013 is my Independence Day from “Fat Jo” [the self-destructive carb-addicted selfish FAT bitch who destroys my good emotional & physical health, self-love and self-esteem] and from those horribly addictive, insidiously toxic, poisonous killer carb-age foods that make me unhealthy and FAT!

Wow doesn't the time fly by über FAST??

Reminds me of this quote every single time I hit any milestone:

“A year from now you’ll wish you started today!”
By Karen Lamb

hindman:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hindman6
Thanks JustJo for posting the link to this group/thread.
You're WELCOME!
Quote:
I found the 1972 version book online and it is currently being shipped.
I have been reading all the threads you have shared containing the 1972 induction.

A big thank you! I am starting 1972 induction tomorrow!
This will get me on the right path!!! I just know it!
That's terrific!

Does that mean you'll be joining our merry lil band of HC A '72 Warriors? B/c we'd love to have you post here!

If you have any questions about A '72 Induction, you know where to find us and we'll try to answer to the best of our experiences...

Wishing you much success on your journey to better HEALTH!
  #1813   ^
Old Tue, Jun-27-17, 07:07

Plan: Atkins '72 version'
Stats: 264/232.2/150 Female 5.6
BF:
Progress: 28%

Hello Warriors!

JustJo:
Quote:
Does that mean you'll be joining our merry lil band of HC A '72 Warriors? B/c we'd love to have you post here!

Yes, I would love to join this group!

I actually started the 72 version yesterday. The only carbs I had lined up for my meal was at dinner so I just didn't have those.

DOWN .5!!! so 211.5 YEAH!!!
Hoping this is a trend that continues to launch me into a successful WOE!

Hope everyone has a fantastic day!
  #1814   ^
Old Tue, Jun-27-17, 15:31

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Hi HM6
A72 is a fab way to live. We don't play one bit on how we eat, we make sure we hold to what works and helps control us!

HI GUYS
quickie
so tired, got in a bit ago
trip was fine, fun but bit too rainy for me but had nice days at the beach

ate a bite or 2 off plan but 99% was perfect and those few bites were a lick off kid's ice cream cone and a bite of hubbys crab cake (who knows how much filler crumbs are in that LOL) but I stayed on plan and did fab!

will catch up later cause now I am fried and got laundry happening already and brain dead HAHA

Rock on warrior style!
  #1815   ^
Old Wed, Jun-28-17, 06:10
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Wednesday, 28 June 2017

Happy HUMP Day, Warriors!

Wishing each of you a totally kick Azz, BAD Azz 100% OP day as usual!
Stay WARRIOR Strong!

“REGRETS over yesterday & the FEAR of tomorrow are twin thieves that rob us of the MOMENT!”

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

hm6:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hindman6
Hello Warriors!

JustJo:
Quote:

Yes, I would love to join this group!

I actually started the 72 version yesterday. The only carbs I had lined up for my meal was at dinner so I just didn't have those.

DOWN .5!!! so 211.5 YEAH!!!
Hoping this is a trend that continues to launch me into a successful WOE!

Hope everyone has a fantastic day!
That's great that you've decided to join our merry lil group of Warriors!

HUGE CONGRATS on your 1/2 lb. DOWN!

Keep Fighting the Good HARD Fight b/c you are so WORTH IT!

Karen:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
trip was fine, fun but bit too rainy for me but had nice days at the beach
Sorry to hear that you had rain! But Imma glad you were able to spend some nice days at the beach!

When's your NEXT adventure and where are you headed???
Quote:
ate a bite or 2 off plan but 99% was perfect and those few bites were a lick off kid's ice cream cone and a bite of hubbys crab cake (who knows how much filler crumbs are in that LOL) but I stayed on plan and did fab!
Hope that those few bites didn't awaken "Fat Karen's" cravings for more carb-age crap...

I had a conversation with someone on another thread about a few bites... here's what the original poster said (those are HER spelling mistakes, not mine). My response follows:

Quote:
Quote:
I can take just one bight without issue but many people fall in face first after just one bight.
I think that's wonderful that you can take one bite and not be affected by it.

I know for me personally, it can become a slippery slope... one bite leads to another bite, and another...and then a full blown face planting carb-age binge. B/c I am not a moderator.

I follow the original Atkins 1972 and Dr. A said this on page 154

Quote:
A TABLESPOONFUL OF POTATO SALAD CAN SLOW YOU DOWN.

"...if you're off-again-on-again with carbohydrates you'll get nowhere fast.

Those who think, "Well it can't do much harm if I go off the diet just for dinner," are due for a nasty surprise on the scales next morning.

It is my observation that a patient who takes in seventy-five grams of carbohydrate (the amount in one wedge of pecan pie) will gain back two to three pounds.

As the Ketostix will tell you by refusing to change color, even a tablespoonful of potato salad can throw off the entire new fat-burning chemical balance you have been working to achieve."
Basically, I'd be kicking myself out of ketosis, not a good place to be since that means I'll get cravings, possible weight gain, etc...

We all have to know how we're personally affected by eating carbs and what price we are willing to pay to eat them... I've been there, done that and the PRICE is to high to pay, JMO... I'll just stick to staying 100% OP everyday!
Closed Thread