Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Jul-24-07, 12:35

Plan: Like to start Scwarzbien
Stats: 298/290/119 Female 5 feet, 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%
Default New to Schwarzbein as of today

Hi, I just read the S books, and the reviews in Amazon and was convinced this may be the way to go. But in looking at the dates in both places, it seems like no one is doing this anymore. Is there a reason? Is it too hard to prepare meals in a busy schedule? Or just take too long to get healthy to then start losing (which kind of seems like a strong point she made in the books, get healthy first which may take time, then lose the weight in a normal fashion)? I saw the post here by Lanny of "Where is everybody?" and I am wondering that myself. Are ya'll just not a supportive group? Look into SSomers Discussion groups and you'll see what constant action and encouragement looks like. I'm going to keep my eye in there, but after reading Dr. S. this seems a much healthier way to go. Plus I have a 17 year old son going out for football and his coach keeps telling him "eat carbs", but I fear the ones he wants to eat are all the bad carbs. We both need to lose weight (not to mention get healthier after all the garbage we've been eating compare to what Dr. S says) and I am hoping this Way of Eating will bring him to my side and we can eat the same things. Anyone got any experience out there to help me get started on the right track?
Sponsored Links