Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Mon, Apr-07-03, 11:07

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 425/266/200
BF:
Progress: 71%
Smile Doctors

My doctor is totally supportive of my going low-carb. I see him every three months because I'm on thyroid meds. Since I started low-carbing (Protein Power), I've dropped over 120 pounds, dropped from a waist size 56 to a 46, my blood pressure is down, my heart rate is down, my blood chemistry has normalized... Hard to argue with results.
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Mon, Apr-07-03, 11:25

Plan: PP/PPLP
Stats: 145/117/127 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 156%

glennstg: WOW - what a fantastic journey you have been on!!! Congratulations on all of the hurdles you've leaped thus far. Truly an awesome success story ! And welcome to the forum
  #63   ^
Old Thu, May-01-03, 15:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 420?/325/2 Female 69"
BF:75/70.8/28
Progress:
Default wow glennstg!

You were where I am...that gives me hope.
How long did it take?
Do you excersize?
I started with the Grapefruit diet for 2 weeks and felt abig difference.Then I started the Atkins Plan but dont feel the same .I am considering going back on the Grapefruit diet but thought I would check out PP first .I actually have the PP books but lent them to my daughter befor I had a chance to read them.
I have read Atkins though.
My doctor thinks low carbing is great and is behind me 100%
I need to find something that I can stick to,lose weight and feel like I am losing.(I cant weigh myself because the scale at the doctors doesnt go high enough...)
Anyway, enough of this! I am starting to depress myself lol
  #64   ^
Old Wed, May-21-03, 23:58

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 425/266/200
BF:
Progress: 71%
Default Re: wow glennstg!

Quote:
Originally posted by 2much2g1
You were where I am...that gives me hope.
How long did it take?
Do you excersize?

I started Protein Power on July 2, 2002, weighing in at about 425 with a 56-inch waist. Yesterday I weighed in at 266, waist size 46. My only real exercise is my daily walk to and from work. I work within walking distance of where I live, takes about 15 minutes each way. So five days a week I'm getting in a 1/2 hour of walking.

Quote:

I started with the Grapefruit diet for 2 weeks and felt abig difference.Then I started the Atkins Plan but dont feel the same .I am considering going back on the Grapefruit diet but thought I would check out PP first .I actually have the PP books but lent them to my daughter befor I had a chance to read them.

IMO, the original PP book is the best. I picked up PP LifePlan from the library, and I wasn't overly impressed, as it didn't really add anything new.
  #65   ^
Old Fri, May-23-03, 12:41

Plan: PP
Stats: 210/210/160 Male 5' 7"
BF:31%/31%/24%
Progress: 0%

Let me add my hearty congratulations, Glenn!

Although a LC-diet may be comfortable for us in the bodily sense, it still takes a huge commitment of time to make one's food, and discipline to combat the internal whisper "I bet that <put your favorite off-limits food here> would taste great right now!"

So, three cheers to you!
  #66   ^
Old Thu, Jun-05-03, 09:37
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 156/149/130
BF:
Progress: 27%

wow, glenn, that is truly phenomenal! what a complete and total lifestyle change you've gone through!

I have been doing atkins since January, and have been stalled since February. I've been so close to giving up so many times! I think I may just need a different approach, so I think I'll go and buy the PP book and read it this weekend.

thanks for the puch!!

O
  #67   ^
Old Sun, Jun-08-03, 04:58

Stats: 286/286/135
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi Jo Ann!

TX here too , and I am new to the forums and to a LC WOL but if it makes you feel any better....I just went in for my annual gyno exam and one of my goals for the next year is to become pregnant. My doc said that weight is a big concern before the hubby and I take the big step and she suggested Atkins specifically, which made me feel tons better . She said she does Atkins also (and she is very fit and trim) and that she feels it is medically sound. Just thought I would throw it in here for good measure. Good luck on whatever route you decide on!
  #68   ^
Old Sun, Jul-04-04, 10:19
Registered Member

Plan: atkins/vegetarian
Stats: 184/178/126 Female 1.57m
BF:
Progress: 10%

Hi everyone, and congratulations to you all on your weight losses/changes in lifestyle...I hope to be as successful as you all eventually.
I asked a question on another part of this forum, about eating out on a holiday to London which I have planned in a week's time. I am vegetarian and will have just completed my induction. Somebody suggested I try PP. please can you tell me whether or not bread or any of the other no-go carbs..pasta, rice, potatoes, is allowed? I'm afraid of finding myself back at the bed and breakfast in the evenings hungry and without any of my usual chilled snacks available...(i dont think they would allow me to fill their fridge with my salad/meat subs.) Also I booked the hol before I went on this diet and the breakfast is gonna be 'continental' so assume it will be full of bread!!!
Any suggestions please????

Michele
  #69   ^
Old Sun, Jul-04-04, 14:30
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/146/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 119%

Hello. No, those things generally aren't allowed. You can "save up" your carb count and eat those things occasionally, but it's not recommended. I think you're far better off to stick to Atkins, and just try to do your best to choose lower carb, lower glycemic foods wherever possible. The main difference between Atkins and PP here is that you're allowed a slightly higher carb level initially than on Atkins, but they emphasize low carb veggies, fruit, nuts, etc for those carb sources, just like Atkins.

I wish I could recommend a solution. Enjoy your holiday, whatever you decide.
  #70   ^
Old Sun, Jul-04-04, 15:34

Stats: 260/213/199 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 77%

I'm on Atkins, but I read the Protein Power Lifeplan book and loved it. Added a lot of useful nutritional information.
  #71   ^
Old Mon, Jul-05-04, 03:24
Registered Member

Plan: atkins/vegetarian
Stats: 184/178/126 Female 1.57m
BF:
Progress: 10%

thank you for your advise...I was hoping that your reply would encourage eating some fruit..have to go on the look out for the low carb ones now...and nuts!!! delicious haven't had one since induction started...
But I promise to be careful and try to pick only the 'good' ones, and only small amounts...
I'm sure I will make this holiday work, thanks

Michele
  #72   ^
Old Thu, Aug-19-04, 14:57

Plan: Atkins, Zone
Stats: ---/155/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress:

I raise my hat to you GLENN... your really amazing....you sure know the meaning of: when there is a will there's way...

2much im sure you can do it too cause your on your way too...way to go both of you...