Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Sun, Apr-05-09, 20:16
Registered Member

Plan: Zone?
Stats: 175/150/145 Male 5'5"
BF:
Progress:

healingnaturallybybee.com is supposedly promoting this zinc and selenium cure as well. I haven't joined that one yet, though.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Sun, Apr-05-09, 21:34
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

On women, my personal opinion is that I see a pattern of alot of women getting these yeast problems, and ibs, and rls, and gestational diabetes with pregnancy. Perhaps the extra stress and extra food.
  #33   ^
Old Mon, Apr-06-09, 13:54
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Here is a source on the thiamin and candida connection:

http://digitalcommons.unl.edu/cgi/v...ext=bioscimicro
"Aerobic inoculum preparation. This vitamin mix contains biotin, pyridoxine, and thiamine (18)."
"Oleic acid and nicotinic acid are growth factors which are required only for the anaerobic growth of C. albicans."
Anaerobically grown C. albicans was resistant to all concentrations of amphotericin B, clotrimazole, fluconazole, miconazole, and ketoconazole (Table 1). Also, anaerobically grown cells were 4, 8, and 16 times more resistant than aerobically grown cells to cerulenin, terbinafine, and zaragozic acid B, respectively (Table 1).
  #34   ^
Old Wed, Aug-05-09, 18:57

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 135/135/130 Female 56 in
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danaus
Here is a source on the thiamin and candida connection:

http://digitalcommons.unl.edu/cgi/v...ext=bioscimicro
"Aerobic inoculum preparation. This vitamin mix contains biotin, pyridoxine, and thiamine (18)."
"Oleic acid and nicotinic acid are growth factors which are required only for the anaerobic growth of C. albicans."
Anaerobically grown C. albicans was resistant to all concentrations of amphotericin B, clotrimazole, fluconazole, miconazole, and ketoconazole (Table 1). Also, anaerobically grown cells were 4, 8, and 16 times more resistant than aerobically grown cells to cerulenin, terbinafine, and zaragozic acid B, respectively (Table 1).

Danaus, I'd like to talk to you.. I joined this forum because I was looking up candida and celiac and found your very insightful posts. I tried to PM you but it would not work. Can you please PM me? Thanks.
  #35   ^
Old Thu, Aug-06-09, 06:40
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

"Could it be possible that excessive dietary fructose is behind the horrendous rise of candida?"
-- This may be a factor in the sinus problems symptom. I do drink alot of juice (particularly OJ). I'm thinking that this may cause overgrowth of "strep mutans". Or cause it to get stickier.

Could there be some sort of interaction between strep and candida, and/or some sort of sugar recycling mechanism between the two pathogens? ie PepitoGlycans? Unclear. Just thinking out loud.
  #36   ^
Old Thu, Aug-06-09, 08:22

Plan: Weston A. Price, GFCF
Stats: 165/133/132 Male 5' 5"
BF:?/12.7%/?
Progress: 97%

I didn't know there was a low-carb plan that allows fruit juice. Especially with candida. Sounds like a bad combination.

I do drink a little unsweetened pure cranberry juice (diluted). It's extremely low in fructose and supposedly helpful for urinary tract infections, which says to me it might be a good antifungal.
  #37   ^
Old Sun, Aug-16-09, 19:58

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 135/135/130 Female 56 in
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danaus
"Could it be possible that excessive dietary fructose is behind the horrendous rise of candida?"
-- This may be a factor in the sinus problems symptom. I do drink alot of juice (particularly OJ). I'm thinking that this may cause overgrowth of "strep mutans". Or cause it to get stickier.

Could there be some sort of interaction between strep and candida, and/or some sort of sugar recycling mechanism between the two pathogens? ie PepitoGlycans? Unclear. Just thinking out loud.

Danaus, can you explain more about itraconazole and yeast and the connection to celiac?