Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Apr-26-04, 15:38
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 186/160/160 Male 68 inches
BF:?%/15%/10%
Progress: 100%

I just had to resurect the oinker thread.

Yesterday was free day and I had the best intentions. I had purchased a pack of beef jerky and I had plans to go out for fish and chips with the MIL and that was to be the extent of my cheeting on free day. Well, let me tell ya, I went to a meeting in the morning and had a donut and some timbits. Then I got home and ate my beef jerky. Then I bought a package of pepperoni and ate it all. Then I stopped and got some hot wings with fries. Not to mention a couple regular meals. Then I had a bunch of nuts and pork rinds in the evening.

I weighed myself this morning and I was up 5 POUNDS, 5 stinkin' pounds. I'm sure a lot of that must be water retention from eating all that salty crap. But so much for the "Belt Notch Day" thing I posted last week. I really need to get a grip on this free day thing.

Arnie
(who must remember its free day not pig out day.)
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Apr-26-04, 16:01

Plan: low glycemic
Stats: // Female jkl
BF:
Progress: 69%

Heh! The last two weekends, I have been doing the alternative to free day where you have two free meals instead. One dinner each on Fri and Sat nights, so basically two CAD nights. I'm going on a cruise a week from today (YAY) and then spending a weekend in Vancouver at an academic conference. Since I have no idea what sort of trouble I'll manage to get myself into during those 8 days, I wanted to be particularly abstemious leading up to it.

My previous experience with cruises is that CAD is really easy and even regular LC is pretty easy - good cuts of meat and lots of veggies. I usually give myself license to have one dessert and wine or a cocktail if I want them, however. As for the Vancouver part, I have no clue what will be available at the conference, so I'll have to wing it.

Arnie, try not to worry about the lbs or the notch. If it was only one day, it's just water, I promise. My standard gain for either PMS or carb-ups is 4 lbs of Water, water, water.

Cheers,

Friday
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Apr-26-04, 17:12
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fridayeyes
Arnie, try not to worry about the lbs or the notch. If it was only one day, it's just water, I promise. My standard gain for either PMS or carb-ups is 4 lbs of Water, water, water.

Cheers,

Friday

Yeah, I'm sure your right about that. It was just such a shocker this morning.

Sounds like you'll have a great cruise, the weather in Vancouver is great today. Its a Sunny 23 degrees.

Arnie
P.S. If I learn to use words like "abstemious" will I get to go on acedemic conference cruises? LOL
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Apr-26-04, 21:25

Plan: Atkins maintenance
Stats: 145/108/112 Female 5'6
BF:pregnantEDD5/12/05
Progress: 112%

Yup. I hear you Arnie. Sunday I pigged out on junk when I was already full from dinner. Felt like poop whenI woke up Monday morning. Stepped on the scale and I was up 4-5 lbs. I drank a bunch of water and today and ate clean. Stepped on the scale and I was back to normal. Those free days really do set me back. Every week I tell myself not to take a free day, but I always do anyway. This weekend will be different, huh?!? LOL!
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Apr-27-04, 04:58
Registered Member

Plan: strictly BFL
Stats: 183/166,4/158 Male 180 cm
BF:22%/18%/12%
Progress: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnie_g
Yeah, I'm sure your right about that. It was just such a shocker this morning.

Sounds like you'll have a great cruise, the weather in Vancouver is great today. Its a Sunny 23 degrees.

Arnie
P.S. If I learn to use words like "abstemious" will I get to go on acedemic conference cruises? LOL

After my carb loading Sunday I gained 3lbs, last week it was 4 lbs. Therfore nothing to worry about, if you keep on training. It will be gone in few days.

PS: "abstemious" will open the door to any monasty. How about some Zen medititions?
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Apr-27-04, 07:00

Plan: BFL
Stats: 167/162/167 Male 6'3
BF:13%/10.4%/10%
Progress:

Here is what to do continue to have your free days, but do NOT I repeat do NOT weigh yourself the day after, just dont do it.

Mike
  #22   ^
Old Tue, Apr-27-04, 12:26
Contributing Member

Yup, you are all right. Today I'm back down 4 of those 5 pounds.

Arnie
  #23   ^
Old Tue, Apr-27-04, 13:06

Plan: SB
Stats: 279/271.5/180 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 8%

Same here. I always freak out on Monday mornings after my "free day blowout" on Sundays!

I'm like you Arnie, I feel like I need to be better with my free days. I end up feeling really sick on Sunday nights/Monday mornings. Although, last weekend was the first Sunday night that I could go to bed without heartburn.

I seem to be losing about 5 lbs a week, but up about 2-3 lbs on my free day. So, I'm going to try to be "not so free" with my free day. I'm not losing a lot of weight, but my clothes fit so much better already!

I love BFL!
  #24   ^
Old Tue, Apr-27-04, 13:13

Plan: low glycemic
Stats: // Female jkl
BF:
Progress: 69%

LOL, I think a cruise is about as far away from abstemious as one can get, save perhaps the Playboy Club.... "Sybaritic" is how I would describe the cruise experience. Unfortunately, the cruise is transportation TO the conference, not the location OF the conference. At the conference, I think the low end grad student types like myself get stuck in spare dorm rooms and fed on stale danish and cheap coffee. Oh the things I put up with! *wrist to forehead* LOL

Arnie - 23 degrees.... *Friday tries to do Celsius-Fahrenheit conversions in her head* Is that short sleeves and slacks or more like shorts weather? How cool will it be at night? Am I just plain silly not to bring rain gear for the 2nd week of May?

Cheers!

Friday
  #25   ^
Old Tue, Apr-27-04, 13:51
Modified :)

Stats: 242/223/175 Male 170cm
BF:
Progress: 28%

Quote:
Arnie - 23 degrees.... *Friday tries to do Celsius-Fahrenheit conversions in her head*

GIYF!

www.google.com

type in the box

convert 23 c to f

hit the search button

#26   ^
Old Wed, Apr-28-04, 10:22
Contributing Member

Quote:

Arnie - 23 degrees.... *Friday tries to do Celsius-Fahrenheit conversions in her head* Is that short sleeves and slacks or more like shorts weather? How cool will it be at night? Am I just plain silly not to bring rain gear for the 2nd week of May?

Cheers!

Friday

At night it's getting around 50 F. This week is looking good with highs about 65 - 70 F, but it is supposed to start raining next week. If you will be spending a lot of time outside I'd bring rain gear, but if it will just be from the convention centre to the shopping mall or a restaurant then picking up an inexpensive umbrella if you need it would probably suffice for a couple days.

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/we...es/CABC0308.htm

Arnie