Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jun-20-01, 19:56

Plan: atkins
Stats: 183.5/180.0/135-140
BF:
Progress:
Thumbs up Just needed to make a comment

Hi all,
I just finished reading the post from Tams about her experience so far with the "diet". I am in a similar situation, having lost 5 lbs. since last Sunday, June 10th. I've can feel that I haven't lost anymore in about 2 or 3 days, and I'm feeling very discouraged. I was doing CAD for 2 weeks and only lost 2 lbs so I stopped. After reading the replies she got, it made me realize that I need to give myself credit for what I have accomplished so far. It's true that it took me a while ( about 13 years!) to get to the weight I started out and it will take me a while before I get to my goal. Thanks for the support and encouragement from the people who replied to her. You not only contribute to her but you accomplish the same for others, like myself. Without it, I think many of us might just throw up our hands in defeat.

--Coffeebean
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jun-21-01, 05:39

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

YAY!!!!!

Congratulations Coffeebean! You have just accomplished the most difficult of tasks in realizing that just because you say the word diet and go on one your body doesn't drop the pounds over night in fear.

You have now armed yourself with the ammo of patient and perseverance to see you all the way through to your goal. With the knowledge of it didn't get this way over night it won't go away over night you can now face those stalls with the insight of this too shall pass and you will lose to your goal weight!

Congratulations!!! I am so proud of you
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jun-22-01, 08:04

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/217/130
BF:
Progress:

Im on my 14th day on Induction and feeling a totally new resolve about this way of life.
I WAS getting up every morning and weighing myself...and wanting to kick the scale across the floor when it didnt move or fluctuated the same 2 lbs. I finally stopped and just thought about the fact that I dont fight headaches every day. The fact that I dont have HUGE mood swings like I used to. The fact that my clothes are getting looser and Im feeling more confident every day. I am now focusing on just not going off the plan for any reason. I have definitely had my ups and downs
these 14 days...but Im feeling so proud of myself and strong.
I had a friend go to Germany and they brought me back some chocolate. Chocolate is my WEAKNESS. When I got home I opened it and had almost talked myself into trying it. My husband had a piece...then my 10 year old daughter. I asked her how it tasted and she said it was REALLLY good. I then asked her if it was better than her favorite candy bar...and she said NO.
I realized at that point that I could have risked all I had worked on so far over an excuse to go off the plan. I am PROUD of the fact I have not cheated and dont hardly miss it.....This board has helped me so much..and the way I feel has never been better. This is the best plan I have every followed!
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jun-23-01, 15:00

Stats: 162/162/135
BF:
Progress: 0%

tams, that's fantastic! such willpower! good for you! i'm afraid i may have succumbed. german chocolate! the land of chocolate!! i'm really impressed!
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Jun-23-01, 15:01
Registered Member

Stats: 267/260/175 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 8%
Default Just needed to make a comment

Whooohooo Congradulations to both of you. Stalls suck and loosing is so rewarding. My biggest problem is me wanting to celebrate when I drop a couple of pounds, then I cheat just a little, and I put what I lost, back on. But I won't let it get me down... I know now, that this so called diet, is a way of life for me now and also for my son. I will never go back to eating the way I use to, and never touch sugar again... It for me, is deadly.
It killed my mom, her brother, and both grandmothers, and I'm now watching both of her sisters, and the brother that is left eat themselves to death.

BTW, there is yummy low carb chocolate available. Reward yourself and try it...

You're doing great! Congradulations!
Laurie
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Jun-23-01, 15:22

Stats: 145?/131/125 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress:
Default SCALES

Tams...sounds like you're doing great....personally I only weigh myself about once a month. I didn't measure myself when I started LC (mainly for health reasons...but the poundage goes along with that)..and I wish I had of. I know the tape measure moves more than the scales does for me.

Good luck and keep up the good work....it's not easy.