Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Tue, Mar-25-08, 16:54
Taking MY Turn

Plan: Intuitive Eating
Stats: 240/220.8/190 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 38%

Natascha, welcome! I think PP is a great choice for people who are concerned about health first and foremost. Have you read the book (or books) yet?

Petra, paying is an option if you feel this site has benefitted you and you'd like to help out, not to mention get some more space for PMing or photos or whatever (keep in mind sometimes you want to keep records of the PMs and also write more than space allows, etc.). Mostly I think it's just about supporting (voluntarily) a place that has, for free, made a real impact in your life. I was here for awhile for free to check things out before I decided to contribute.
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Tue, Mar-25-08, 16:57

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 190/169/140 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

Quote:
Originally Posted by petra65
You mean people pay for this forum? What would be the benefit of that?

I would guess to help support the forum so that others could benefit from it, plus I imagine you might get extras such as more room in your PM box. I don't know this for a fact, just guessing based on my knowledge of message boards in general. This board, for example, gives me room for 10 PMs, while on another board I'm allowed up to 50.

Also, if you want to get up to 25 posts quickly, head on over to "introductions" and welcome a few people.

I don't think that cotton/lycra panties with lace would make very good dustrags- if they were 100% cotton I think they'd work a lot better. Maybe I'll give them to the local for-profit thrift store- I've seen plenty of undies there before.
  #48   ^
Old Tue, Mar-25-08, 17:29

Plan: Keto 80/15/5
Stats: 264/263/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 1%

Thanks for the welcome! yes, I read the books ...I need to re-read them.....and I have the comfort food cookbook somewhere...we've moved about 3 times in 3 years so I am still looking for a lot of my books!

I let the weak crappy feeling of the first couple of days get the better of me, and I had a couple of GF cookies....I forgot I ordered them, and they arrived in the mail today.....I was weak and wanted to try them......not worth cheating for.....most gf stuff isn't great....

Not sure what I am having for dinner.....DH is away for 2 weeks....and I am soooo tired.....I have a 6 yr old DS and an almost 3 yo DD, and a 7 week old puppy.......so I have a gf/df pizza for the kids.....(amy's rice crust/soy cheese with spinach pizza....thank God for those!) and maybe a big old omelet for me. Something easy.

Have a great evening!
Natascha
  #49   ^
Old Tue, Mar-25-08, 17:45

Plan: a mixture
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 64
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndelacourt
Thanks for the welcome! yes, I read the books ...I need to re-read them.....and I have the comfort food cookbook somewhere...we've moved about 3 times in 3 years so I am still looking for a lot of my books!

I let the weak crappy feeling of the first couple of days get the better of me, and I had a couple of GF cookies....I forgot I ordered them, and they arrived in the mail today.....I was weak and wanted to try them......not worth cheating for.....most gf stuff isn't great....

Not sure what I am having for dinner.....DH is away for 2 weeks....and I am soooo tired.....I have a 6 yr old DS and an almost 3 yo DD, and a 7 week old puppy.......so I have a gf/df pizza for the kids.....(amy's rice crust/soy cheese with spinach pizza....thank God for those!) and maybe a big old omelet for me. Something easy.

Have a great evening!
Natascha

Natascha, don't take this the wrong way when I say this, but why would you feed your children such crappy food like that when you yourself are now struggling with the aftermath of eating that exact same food. Don't set your children up for the same problems that you deal with. Start them on good habits now!
  #50   ^
Old Tue, Mar-25-08, 21:17
Registered Member

Plan: who knows
Stats: 337/204/180 Female 67 inches
BF:100% pure
Progress: 85%

The benefit is that you are giving a small amount of money to help support the costs of hosting this website that is helpful to you. This forum is so active that the hosting costs have to be pretty significant.
  #51   ^
Old Wed, Mar-26-08, 16:15

Plan: Keto 80/15/5
Stats: 264/263/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 1%

I know, I shouldn't give them that crap...I agree....and it's not an everyday thing.....I am more the cookie monster! LOL
  #52   ^
Old Wed, Mar-26-08, 17:58

BF:
Progress:
Default Question for the vetrens

Ok, so I have never really measured how much protein I eat but the last few days i have just to see a baseline of what I am at now. Some days I am around 80 or 90, but after a particularly hard workout I am way up there (for example today I was at 140, yikes!) Is this a problem? have the Drs. Eades discussed this at all in their blogs or books? my macronutrient breakdown tends to be about 50% fat 40% protein and 10 or less % carbs
  #53   ^
Old Wed, Mar-26-08, 18:03

BF:

There's no maximum amount of protein- make sure you have at least the minimum amount of protein, don't go over on the carbs, and then have as much protein and fat as you need to feel satiated.
  #54   ^
Old Wed, Mar-26-08, 18:42

BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthla
There's no maximum amount of protein- make sure you have at least the minimum amount of protein, don't go over on the carbs, and then have as much protein and fat as you need to feel satiated.

I know, I know 140 grams of protien just seems like alot for a 85# girl
  #55   ^
Old Wed, Mar-26-08, 20:02
Registered Member

Stats: 226/224/150 Female 64 inches
BF:51%
Progress: 3%

It's fine. Your macronutrient breakdown looks about right.
  #56   ^
Old Thu, Mar-27-08, 06:45

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkpetro
I know, I know 140 grams of protien just seems like alot for a 85# girl

But you're very active, right?
  #57   ^
Old Thu, Mar-27-08, 07:33

BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthla
But you're very active, right?

Yes I run about 30 mile/week, cycle 50 miles/week, lift 3-4xweek, so yes active
  #58   ^
Old Thu, Mar-27-08, 08:14
Registered Member

Plan: who knows
Stats: 337/204/180 Female 67 inches
BF:100% pure
Progress: 85%

All that protein will help your muscles repair themselves quickly. At least that's my observation. The first thing that happened when I started eating more protein is that I stopped experiencing sore muscles when I am unusually active. After that I realized that my cycling time for muscle groups recovering from resistance training was also lower.

I think that before PPLP I was chronically undereating protein.

Lisa, how's life with baby going?
  #59   ^
Old Thu, Mar-27-08, 17:33
Registered Member

Stats: 226/224/150 Female 64 inches
BF:51%
Progress: 3%

Larry, where did you go?
  #60   ^
Old Thu, Mar-27-08, 19:02
Taking MY Turn

Plan: Intuitive Eating
Stats: 240/220.8/190 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 38%

Hey Liz, thanks so much for asking! My little guy is growing like crazy (probably closing in on 13 pounds now) and is very strong. I am loving his muscle development. He's 12 weeks today and can hold his head up fairly well and when you pull him up by his arms he keeps his head up too. Plus he can kick like nobody's business. And he's so stinking cute. So far he's sleeping well at night and I'm working on daytime naps, but I hear month 4 is time for some issues so I'm cringing at backsliding after all this work. He's happy and healthy...and intense little boy who looks at everything but thankfully is also smiling quite a bit (especially at Mommy, yay). As for me, things got worse before they got better and sugar got the better of me. However as of Monday I've been eating VERY cleanly and also working out a little bit every day. It's not ideal, but it's a start!