Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, May-16-02, 20:40

Plan: atkins
Stats: 144.5/141/112
BF:
Progress: 11%
Unhappy advice needed

Hi! I need sum advice, I've been lookin at both low carb & low fat diets......I am leaning 2wards low carb. What i want 2 know is roughly how long does it take 2 go down 2/3 dress sizes?

I am asking this as I'm getting married in feb 2003
and I really would like 2 get down 2 the dress size I was.

Any help and advice on starting the atkins plan would be very much appreciated
thanx xxx
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, May-16-02, 20:52

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 186/186/140 Female 52 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

To be honest I really dotn know all people are different.. i have gone down a couple or so dress sizes since the end of january of this year.. But all people loose different adn in different places.. But I believe you can do this by next year.... Have confidence...

Good luck

Tammy
  #3   ^
Old Thu, May-16-02, 22:31

Plan: Fat Flush Plan (Zone)
Stats: 249/133/115
BF:
Progress: 87%

how long it will take depends on the diet and on the exercise of your choice, Destiny. could be anywhere from a month to a year. it will be quick if you chose the diet that really suits your body, or very slow or non-existent if you choose something that is totally wrong for your present body's status and mentality.

to start on the atkins plan I would recommend you to read Dr. Tony Perrone's book first. the title is Hollywood's Healthiest Diets, 10 Fat-Fighting Plans. he describes the best strategies for atkins dieters in chapter 15 ( The Insulin Buster Plan). what is good about this book for people like you who are thinking about which plan to use and how to proceed is that it offers quizzes which will help you to choose a plan that suits your individual metabolism and life circumstances best. I have tried several plans from this book and they are fabulous. depending on your choice you could lose anywhere from 1 to 10lbs of bodyfat per week, all of them about 1500 calories per day or higher.

hugs
Mila