Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, May-07-02, 17:24

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 185/170/135
BF:
Progress: 30%
Default What to do if?

Well, I just ate a snack that had 60 carbos in it. It was just one of those things. It was a brownie. I am premenstrual.

Here is what I am wondering:

If I do not eat any more carbs today, none with dinner, none for an after dinner snack (when I usually have my second snack), will that save me from messing up my weight loss today?

Or is it already too late, and I might as well eat carbos with dinner? Afterall the body needs the carbos with the protein, etc. at dinner, right?

Dilemma!

Judy
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, May-07-02, 17:36

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 168/168/155 Female 68"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi Judy,
I know about PMS and cravings! I eat bee pollen to curb them. RE: your brownie and it's 60 carbs, can you eat your protein for dinner and have something really low carb with it like veggies and maybe a little cheese? That would keep your carbs down for the day. I've been eating a lot of cucumbers lately, it solves the urge to crunch and I get my veggies in. Hey, it's progress not perfection! Keep up the good work.
Maureen
  #3   ^
Old Tue, May-07-02, 17:41
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Just keep on going with your regular plan.

You can't counteract the effect of an insulin surge from eating sugar by avoiding what you normally eat. Doing this is part of the "bargaining-with-yourself" mentality of low-calorie and low- faD diets.

Remember: You're not on a diet.

Karen
  #4   ^
Old Tue, May-07-02, 18:03

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 185/170/135
BF:
Progress: 30%

Thanks Maureen, and Karen ~

Karen, your thoughts resonated with me the most. Like a breath of logic and common sense, not to mention reassurance.

I'm feeling like I have not lost any weight this month (anyway) so it was probably an emotional decision to eat the brownie.

Schwarzbeining is so great, yet can be pretty slow to see weight loss results. Gotta keep believing in it and hanging in there.

Judy
  #5   ^
Old Wed, May-08-02, 22:06

Plan: schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 290/290/198 Male 6 feet 2 inches
BF:

Karen that was great advice and I see your only 14 pounds from goal. Hats off to you!
  #6   ^
Old Sat, May-11-02, 00:35

Plan: schwarzbein
Stats: 200/172/140
BF:
Progress: 47%

I think you just carry on like it never happened. Forgive yourself and continue on your path. Karen is right. THIS IS NOT A DIET! It is okay to falter. It is okay to be human. What is not okay is to give up the good fight. Hang in there and all will be well.

Has any one tried GTF chromium to help with the cravings? I take it every day with my vitimins. It seems to help. I have not had a lot of craving problems until yesterday. I ate a lot of macadamia nuts, but I stayed out of the cookies and brownies. It was a really hard day.
  #7   ^
Old Sat, May-11-02, 06:45

Plan: schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 290/290/198 Male 6 feet 2 inches
BF:

I have never tried it but I think it is in my multiple vitamin if only I could remember to take them. I think SP is right. My cravings have diminished greatly. I think if you eat great all of the good stuff your body doesn't want the bad.
Just my humble opinion.
  #8   ^
Old Sat, May-11-02, 09:10

Plan: Whole Foods Since 2/02
Stats: 360.5/174.5/200 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 116%
Talking GTF CHROMIUM

Yes, I have been taking GTF Chromium for about 2-years, and it definately helps with cravings. In fact, certain times of the month, I have to force myself to eat, seriously.

It's different than the other types of chromium--I believe the GTF stands for Glucose Tolerance Factor. I get mine cheap from the online Vitamin World site, I think that's their name. I buy a couple at a time in the largest bottle SOLGAR makes them in, so I don't have to order often.

I take on first thing when I wake up, before eating anything. Then, I take my Stress B complex with my breakfast. And I have just started taking a calcium/magnesium complex yesterday.

I learned about the GTF from the Carbohydrate Addict's Diet/The Heller's a while back. Well, their diet was not working for me long term because it was like a pig-put carbo-fest once a day, but the GTF info has been a great find.

--TheBetty