Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1   ^
Old Fri, May-31-02, 15:57
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 222/168/135
BF:41/33/20
Progress: 62%
Default New & need a buddy!

Hello!
I started 2 months ago with 87 pounds to lose - and here I am - almost 30 pounds lighter, and I need a buddy.

I have no one who understands this WOL at home - It is an inconvenience to most. They see and appreciate the results - but eat my food along with theirs.

I just had a baby a little over a year ago - and had a TON of problems, was on almost complete bedrest and couldn't walk, so I went from a size 6 back to a 22 after I had lost it all 2 years prior.

So I am at the point where I am just regaining my health - and being able to walk and exercise so I can get rid of all this again.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jun-01-02, 12:27

Stats: 243/217/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 25%

Hi Corrie,

Wow I can't believe you lost 30 lbs in two months! That's excellent. I have been LCing for two months and I've only lost 13 lbs., AND I have more to lose than you do. Congratulations.

Are you still on induction? I am. I don't mind this WOE but of course I would like to lose faster.

Summer
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jun-03-02, 08:08
Registered Member

Default HI Summer

I am lots happier this morning - am down to 190!!!
How are you doing? Are you still on induction as well? We need to figure out a way to get you program jumpstarted...could there be hidden carbs somewhere that are slowing you down???
Are you writing down everything you eat and drink?
This morning I had a glass of lemonade (water with lemon juice and 1 splenda packet - about 2 carbs) and 1 cup of decaf with cream- 1 carb. What about you???
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jun-03-02, 08:24
Contributing Member

Plan: lowcarb .
Stats: 160/141/127 Female 5'6"
BF:it"s for SALE!
Progress: 58%

What wonderful results Corrie...wow! Good for you!!! YOu will be at goal weight before you know it...and with better eating habits!!

Hats off to you!!

Cin
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jun-03-02, 08:28
Registered Member

Cool HI Cinderella

You are most kind.
It is so nice to have a support fourm like this. If I mention anything at wotk - I am looked at like I have 3 heads.
Thank you so much. How is your program going?
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jun-04-02, 17:11

BF:
Default HI

Hi Corrie,
You are doing really great, you must be so proud of yourself.

I don't think there are any "hidden" carbs in my diet.
For breakfast I usually have 1 egg and an Atkins shake, or 2 eggs and a 1/2 cup coffee w/cream. Lunch is usually chicken or tuna salad. Dinner is either fish, chicken or steak with a salad and sometime a cup of green beans. Occasionally, if I work late I have an Atkins bar. I'm not that hungry and I drink tons of water. But the pounds are coming off slooooowly.

As of this morning I am down 15 1bs., so I was happy this morning! I am considering only weighing in every few weeks. Right now I am doing 1x a week and if I don't have a loss, I am really annoyed!

I will just stick with it and eventually it will come off.

Keep up the great work you are doing.

Summer
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jun-05-02, 08:06
Registered Member

Cool Hi Summer

HI SUMMER!
Your meal plans look good!! Keep it up. Just keep experimenting with your carb levels until you find what works for you.

Congratulations on your 15 pounds!

I am down to 186 this morning!! We are doing great!!

For breakfast this morning I am having an Atkins bar - it's the easiest thing to eat while you are at work.

I know how you feel...I really long to get past this part and be on maintenance. I can rarely leave induction or my weight loss slows to a crawl and that drives me crazy!!! I also cannot have any coffee or diet sodas - they do the same thing - slow me way down and make me retain water.

So like I said - just keep it up and you will find what works for you!!!
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jun-05-02, 17:48

BF:
Default Thanks for the encouragement!

You are doing unbelievable. Are you exercising? I have been walking 30 minutes a day, at least 5 days a week. Unfortuately, when I am busy with other things, (like work), walking is usually the thing I don't get to. But I really try to do it because I know it will make the weight loss faster.

I am not planning to weigh in until the end of June. I want to get away from the scale, because it's so depressing when I don't have a loss. I figure if I wait a few weeks then I'll be sure to have some loss!

Keep up the great work.

Summer
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Jun-05-02, 19:07
Registered Member

Plan: 20-30 grams daily
Stats: 262/192/140
BF:
Progress: 57%

i think you are both doing great i think any weight lose is a gain. i have lost 25 pounds in 6 weeks and i feel great hope by christmas to me at least 75 punds lighter than when i started.
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Jun-06-02, 07:59
Registered Member

Thank you both!!

Summer - Yes, I exercise. I take the baby for walks in her stroller a few times a week - plus I teach belly dance classes and we have a swimmimg pool - (one big enough to actually swim in...)

When I see my weight loss slowing - I crash right back to induction.

I was so hungry last night - I ate an extra piece of burger.

It is way to quiet at work this morning - think I'll go get another cup of decaf....
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Jun-07-02, 06:49

BF:
Default HI

I'm off work today. This is the first weekend I will not be weighing in since I started LCing. I hope I can stay away from the scale. I want to wait so I'll see a big loss - I know it's the same amount whether I see it every week or every few weeks, but it's so depressing when there is no loss.

I plan on walking for 45 minutes today since I have time.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Seeing how much you guys are losing makes me feel like there's hope that I'll catch up!

Summer
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Jun-07-02, 08:30
Registered Member

Cool Weigh in

I usually get on the scale every day if I am doing well - I get on once a week if I'm having a hard time.

I wonder if you are getting enough protein....
I try to have between 120-150 grams per day.

What do you do for snacks? Try supplementing with a protein shake - or an extra scoop of tuna or something.

Are you eating any nuts, fruit or anything like that???

If so try cutting that out for now - and eat more protein.

My son graduates from high school today - so I am off for 1/2 the day - I should have worn waterproof mascara......
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Jun-07-02, 10:16

BF:
Default Hi Corrie

I think I am getting enough protein. I don't track my food, but I have been thinking about doing that on Fitday. I have been so busy lately I haven't had time to do it. I'm hoping in the next few weeks things will slow down.

I don't usually snack during the day. When I am working, I have breakfast before I leave the house. I have lunch at work and I don't eat again until I get home. I am eating some nuts. I find that if I have a few macadamia nuts when I get home I seem to lose better. I started doing that because I didn't think I was getting enough fats. I usually only have an ounce and then I start making dinner. I don't eat any fruits. All of the other things I eat are acceptable induction foods. I cut out diet Coke which was a big deal for me. I do usually have 1/2 cup of caffeinated coffee every morning.

I did walk for 45 minutes today, so I am happy about that.

Congrats on your son's graduation! You must be proud. How many children do you have? You mentioned a baby in an earlier post.

Summer
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Jun-07-02, 10:23
Registered Member

Default Hi Summer!

If the only nuts you are eating are the macadamia - thats good!.
When thing calm down try writing down what you eat every day. It can be very revealing!

I have 4 kids, 3 boys and 1 girl(and yes I live in Utah but no I am not a mormon).

My boys are 18, 17 & almost 12. We were done. I was fine. I knew I'd never get my little girls cause I couldn't have any more kids anyway......and then a little miracle happened.

So - in my book - she was worth every problem - she was worth every pound. Her older brothers just spoil her rotten - it is really fun to have a little girls runnning around the house after dealing with little boys for so long!!!
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Jun-07-02, 10:25
Registered Member

I had an idea...
Do you ever get a break at work?

If I don't eat a little 5 times a day instead of 3 larger meals I don't lose.

Can you take an egg to work - or a protein drink, so your body always knows there is more fuel coming and will continue to burn???
Closed Thread