Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Sep-28-08, 10:01

Plan: SBD
Stats: 250/250/175 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default "Onederland" by Christmas?

Anyone want to join my in trying to achieve onederland by Christmas? Today I stepped on the scale and was finally down below 240----started at 256.6 on August 11 and hoping to be at or very near onederland by Christmas. Let's do it together!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Sep-28-08, 19:57

Plan: Lowcarb
Stats: 283/279/190 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 4%

hello there. my goal is to be in onderland by christmas id love to join you.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Sep-29-08, 04:40

BF:

Thank God! I was beginning to think I was all alone! )

What I really need to do is step up my exercise. I hate exercise----and am dealing with something wrong with my heel now (feels like I am walking on a bruise) that keeps me from walking nightly. I do basic stretching but I don't do it daily.

Your stats are awesome, how long have you been doing this?
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Sep-29-08, 07:59

BF:

i need to start working out too!! need to get my butt in gear. my cousin had an ab lounge that i used to use and i had great results with it as i seem to carry my weight low in my belly.. like im 9 months pregnant... ive got some money coming today and i hope to get one... i looked the other day, they are only around 100 bucks....

i started atkins on july 4th 2008 at 264 pounds (somewhere around there.. i didnt have a scale for the first 4 days) and saturday will be my 3 month weigh in. yeasterday i was at 224 now im back up to 226.. i dont know why... but it always goes up and down.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Sep-29-08, 14:00

BF:

I started just about a month after you on August 11, at 256.6. I zig zag all the time---just haven't been logging it on here every day. I did make a promise to myself NOT to yo-yo diet anymore----so this is "it." I know 39 pounds in 3 months is a lot, but I am going to give it my best shot!!!!!!!

I have an ellyptical right smack in the living room but it intimidates me I've gotten on it once since this WOE. Excuses excuses!!!! Kick me in the butt, will ya!!!!!!!!!! :P
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Sep-29-08, 19:45

BF:

lol sure thing.. .i can kick you from here

what kickstarted me big time losing again was coconut oil and apple cider vinegar.... does wonders...
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Sep-30-08, 06:10

BF:

I've seen a lot of posts about the coconut oil, what does it do exactly? And what do you do with the vinegar? I have heard a tablespoon in an ounce of water---? Details!!!!!!!
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Sep-30-08, 07:49

BF:

i put the coconut oil in tea.... it helps make you feel full.. im not sure if it reallllly aids in loss.... but it seems to.
the vinegar i drink a tbsp in the morning and one at night.. i just drink it straight... depends on your tolerance... i started doing both on the same day and lost a pound a day for the next week...
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Sep-30-08, 17:43
~UnWritten~

Plan: My LC Plan
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 00 inches
BF:
Progress: 56%
Smile

Hi I'd like to join in, but I'm a Michigan fan go blue!. Can I still join?

I do better when I have to check in with others. When I stop coming here I start gaining back the weight and I can't do that anymore. I also need to be more consistent with my exercise. I only hopped on the treadmill today because I feel guilty watching the biggest loser if I don't exercise.

31 pounds in 3 months!
-zed
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Sep-30-08, 22:48

BF:

welcome zedneser. the more the merrier...
we all seem to be pretty close in our starting weights.... ive fallen off this last week... i havent cheated... just not eating like i should.. skipping lunch or dinner or such. eating more cheese and cream than i need to.. need to get back on track. we are going grocery shopping this weekend.... im going to buy more natural food and no more cream or cheese til i start a loss again.
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Oct-01-08, 05:05

BF:

Hi Zed! Yes, Michigan fans can join too, I only have friendly rivalries. Just expect some ribbing come November

So should we come up with a game-plan? Something that we have to adhere to as far as exercise or diet?
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Oct-01-08, 07:14
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 246/241/140 Female 67 inches
BF:Too much!
Progress: 5%
Default :wave:

I would love to join too! I am a Michigan fan can't help it since thats where i'm from My stats are similiar to all yours. I started on July 22, down 33 lbs. I think I could make it close or to onederland by Christmas if I work hard!

I have a mini trampoline, walker-glider, and a treadmill all sitting there waiting to be used. Just haven't found the motivation yet.

#13   ^
Old Wed, Oct-01-08, 14:53

BF:

Welcome everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can we all just commit to doing something every day? I am also one of those people who knows I should do it but yet there I sit. I know if I got my butt in gear the weight loss would be even greater. Today at work I did walk around the gym while the kiddoes played, even if it was only for 10 minutes. I figure it is more than I did before, which is practically nothing. (although I am active, just no "exercise" per se)

I have the "You, on a diet" book and while I couldn't stand reading the book and am not following that plan, I think somewhere in there they have a 20 minute workout plan that needs no special equipment. I am going to look that up tonight and get started. That's my commitment for the day!!!!! Tomorrow is my half-day and I will come home and do my yoga for weight loss tape. Every day I will walk while the kids are in the gym at school.

Who else wants to commit to something daily???????
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Oct-01-08, 21:45

BF:

hmmmmm... well.. i love doing stupid booty shaking dancing... its my favorite.. its kind of spastic dancing and jumping jacks and marching in place and all that kind of non sense.... it wears me out QUICK right now.... i think for the first week i will commit to 10 minutes a day of it... trust me you have to work up to it....
AND i will recommit to my coconut oil EVERY day...
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Oct-02-08, 05:48

BF:

Oh I trust you!!!!! About a year ago I went out with friends dancing a karaoke-ing and we did the cha cha slide (which is a LONG song, about 8 minutes long) and GIRL I WAS SORE THE NEXT DAY! I kinda like your idea, because I need exercise that is disguised as fun. Maybe I will come home today and pull out my copy of that song LOL!!!