Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-14-15, 16:28

Plan: LC HF MP IF
Stats: 565/386/282.5 Male 73
BF:no/thank/you
Progress: 63%
Default Hello triple digit people!

A little quiet in here. Surely I am not the only person at ALCF who has 3 digits to lose.

You know what drives me nuts? When I look at before and after pictures and think to myself "What!? I would kill to look like the before picture!". He might be a little overweight but he is certainly not afraid that any given minute his chair will break underneath him. Has he ever had to wrestle with his belt for pants-related dominance and came in 2nd place? I doubt it. Or worse yet when they show this ultra skinny female or buff male in the BEFORE picture and they groan on and on about their 3lb burden. That ultra thin layer of body fat that is reducing the depth of their 6-pack abs. Oh the tragedy! It also bugs me when they talk about how they are a whole new person now that they have dropped that 3lbs. After all it was ruining their lives!

I know, it all comes down to perspective. I have lived through that myself. 200lbs ago I felt obese. 100lbs ago I felt obese. When I start to drop weight I will feel super thin, light and mobile - until I look in the mirror. Then I will just feel more mobile. It's true that we cannot associate as well with other people's problems as we can our own. In this case having more than 100lbs to lose. Heck I need to lose 100lbs 3 times! But I am going to do it and will enjoy the journey. I am more prepared mentally and physically than I have ever been. The amount of support I have in my life is overwhelming. But just as important as all of that, I have made the choice to complete my mission come hell or high water. Yes I will hit detours, obstacles, distractions and maybe even setbacks. But I will improvise, I will adapt and I will overcome. And then I will go find those people who lost 3lbs eating cabbage soup or taking ShrinkFast2020 and show them all my before photo.

No there wasn't a lot of point to this post, just trying to wake up this section! I will be here for a long time and it feels like I am standing in a room all by myself.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jan-14-15, 16:51
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

I love your avatar.

I wish you all the best!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jan-14-15, 16:58
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Hi and welcome!

There are a few active threads in the TDC. Look around for them.

One day at a time. That's the way I started out as I was terrified, at first, that I'd fail yet one more time. So, one day at a time, I came here and logged all my previous days food into my journal for accountability. As the days started to progress, my confidence started to get better. 20 months later, I hit my goal. That was 9 yrs ago and I haven't regained my weight.....yet!
As a newbie back then, I had a lot to learn so reading here daily gave me an education.

So, keep coming here each day and read, learn and log. Never ever give up!

My best to you on your journey to health and weight loss!!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jan-14-15, 16:59
90 Days at a Time

Plan: Glycemic Load
Stats: 426/405.2/326 Male 74 in.
BF:
Progress: 21%

Wishing you every success. This is a good place with good people. And for those with 100+ pounds it can provide a place to rant and rave and reach out...and give support in return.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jan-15-15, 11:49
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 353/353/215 Male 6 feet
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hey 1791. I liked your post and your attitude. Every year I start LC and I last for a month or maybe 2. I feel really good and then bam, something happens and I go back eating carb heavy. Usually I am able to maintain my weight loss for around 6 months or so before it starts sneaking up on me; however, 2014 ended up with me being at my heaviest. I weighed myself on the scale I been using forever last week and to my surprise I was too heavy for it. I had to go and by one that topped out at 400 instead of 350. WOW! was I shocked. The heaviest I have ever been is 335. So my friend I will be in this with you and we will indeed take it one step at a time. Peace and take care.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jan-15-15, 19:13

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 262.2/247.2/204 Female 5ft 1/2 inch
BF:
Progress: 26%

Hi 1791, think I said welcome on another thread. Maybe newbies?
Anyway, I'm glad to see you post. I've been thinking it was pretty quiet around here too! And yeah lol ~ the avatar!
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Jan-15-15, 19:42

Thanks everyone.

Every time I see my avatar I say in a low growly voice "I'm Fatman".

I hear you colacafe01, only utilizing my amazing ability to deceive myself; I have gone through that ordeal 3 times. First with my 330lb scale, then with my 440lbs scale and now with my 550lb scale! But what really did me in was the last 18 months of not caring at all. I basically threw my hands in the air and said screw it, hand me a bag of mini-snickers and a 2L of Coke. I was 475lbs around the time apathy took over. The next time I climbed on a scale was at the clinic and I was 90lbs heavier. So I am obviously very good at adding on body fat. Although my Doctor (who I don't trust) is convinced that a small chunk of that is muscle because of my body having to carry around all this weight and my not being completely sedentary. Since I look more like Jabba the Hut and less the Hulk, adding muscle with the fat is of little condolence.

Now my motto is this: I have tried quitting and I went nowhere. I tried failure and ended up worse off than I was before. I tried surrender and lost even more of myself. Now it's time to try perseverance. Now it's time be unshakable. Now it's time to confront my enemy and defeat him. I will dictate my own destiny.

Be strong brothers and sisters!
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Jan-16-15, 01:03
~Return to Reality~

Plan: LCHF also RNY Bypass
Stats: 288.8/183.6/159 Female 5'7"
BF:I/don't/know
Progress: 81%

Nope, it's not a wasteland in here ... as you have found out, journals are active and alive. Welcome! And some of us definitely have more than 3 pounds to lose. You're not alone!
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Jan-16-15, 08:22
Everyday Sane Psycho

Plan: Bernstein, Keto IFast
Stats: 385/253/160 Female 67.5
BF:14d bsl 400/122/83
Progress: 59%

Hello and welcome I just restarted myself on DEC 26, 2014 and know the feeling of the losing three digits I almost did the first time I low carbed. I had lost 85 lbs I returned to low carbing when my blood sugar sky-rocked to 400 and I want to lower it naturally. You will do great and if you can be patient with yourself this will be an amazing time for you.
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Jan-16-15, 08:48
Registered Member

BF:

Good attitude 1791. My new motto this year is an oldie but a goodie "inch by inch anything is a cinch."
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Jan-16-15, 17:25

Plan: Adkins
Stats: 397/362/190 Male 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 17%

I started my new lifestyle of LC 10 days ago and most days are easy and some are bumpy on those days I just grind through it. Besides giving up carbs I also gave up all caffeine which was hard at first but I feel much better. Good luck everybody I know we all can do it!
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Jan-17-15, 05:55
Registered Member

BF:

Looks like you are making good progress DB.
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Feb-04-15, 14:58

Plan: LC
Stats: 303.8/273.6/145.0 Female 5' 5.5"
BF:50.1%/48.1%/24.1%
Progress: 19%

Hi 1791! Thank you for starting this thread! I also plan on being here for a long time, am recommitted, and am more ready than ever. What has changed?

I am tracking everything I digest: Food, water, vitamins.
I am tracking weekend food instead of just weekday BEFORE I eat it to stay within cal and carb levels
I reduced my alcohol intake
I started cardio again, and have increased the time
I am planning meals and snacks
I am omitting toxic people and time wasters from my life
I have two very specific rewards at two different weight loss achievement levels
No more excuses. NONE. I am not going to use financial, business, emotional, or any other stresses as a reason to eat crap and not exercise.

We're in this together!!!
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Feb-04-15, 17:21

That's awesome! Looks like a pretty solid list to me!
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Feb-05-15, 14:14

Plan: LC
Stats: 303.8/273.6/145.0 Female 5' 5.5"
BF:50.1%/48.1%/24.1%
Progress: 19%

Thank you.