Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Wed, Jan-08-03, 07:54

Plan: VLC
Stats: 248/188.8/148 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 59%
Default Yesterday's WO (Day3)

First LBWO since I've been back to the gym... can you say DOMS??? OMG I think I may have overdid it a bit... I did the same weights I had been doing before my break, cuz I didn't feel like doing the math to change plates around... that gets complicated... so I skipped all of my iso final sets. As I hit really high intensities, I'm not worried about it though for my first day back....

warmup:
15 mins treadmill, 1.1 mile

Leg Presses: (sets are always 12/10/8/6/12 unless otherwise specified)
110/ 140/ 180 / 230/ 180 (9) (I honestly don't think I'll ever hit a 10 on these... but my quads were definitely shakin like crazy on the last few reps)

Power Squats:
BW/ 30/ 50/ 4 x 70/ 30 (10!) OMG!!!!!!

Standing calf raises:
120/ 140/ 160/ 180/160 (10)

Cardio and abs tonight... really need to get a swiss ball for home... must remind Eric.
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Thu, Jan-09-03, 08:43

BF:

Yesterday, Cardio... mezza mezza WO.

Never got above level 10, and it took me 5 mins at level 4 to feel like my legs were remotely warmed up (elliptical). I pushed through 20 mins though as best as I could considering the DOMS and called it a day. Meant to do abs when I got home, and of course, forgot. *sigh* Will do them tonight.

Today is Back Shoulders Bis (thank god! If my legs needed to do anything I think I'd cry)... need to find some time to plan out the WO. Maybe at lunch. Definitely skipping my extra cardio tonight.

Can't believe my legs still hurt. Looking forward to my free day Saturday.

See y'all after my meeting!
  #48   ^
Old Fri, Jan-10-03, 08:50

BF:

So I made the switch starting yesterday. Am now doing more of an AbSolutions workout than BFL... still very similar, just the breakup of muscle groups per session is different. UBWO days on strick BFL are just SO LONG!!!!!! I still have 2 wo days, just now I do one day of Chest/Shoulders/Tris, and another of Back/Bis/Legs. I liked the one from yesterday! Details as follows:

Sets are one each of decreasing reps (15/12/10/8/6) for the first exercise of each muscle group, then 3 sets of 10 for the second exercise: I'm only listing the weights.

Incline Bench press: 40/50/60/70/80
DB Flyes: 12

Arnold Presses: 5/8/10/12/15
Lateral raises: 30

Rope Tricep Pulls: 40/40/40/45/50
Lying tri extensions: 10

Notes:
try DB bench press next time, and incline flyes
love the arnold presses.... could maybe do 40 for lat raises.
Rope tricep pulls, need to start at a lower weight if expect to be able to raise the weight on each set... REALLY like them though! They work the sides of the tris, which I don't think I had been working at all previously.

oh yeah, did a 10 min 1/2 mile on the treadmill for a warmup, just because my legs were still so damn tight.
  #49   ^
Old Mon, Jan-13-03, 08:45

BF:

Friday's cardio was marginal, at best. I was just so tired. I did the full 20 mins, and even did my 6 8 10 12 thing, but just didn't give it as much effort as I usually do.

Slept late Saturday, bowling banquet sat nite... didn't eat as much as I thought I would, but it was Eric's b-day so we had already had cinnamon buns, cake and ice cream, and had split a Kelly's clam plate.... needless to say, I wasn't that hungry at the banquet, and quite frankly, wasn't all that impressed with the food this time.

Sunday, I was lazy. Got up late, napped a lot, finally got out of my house to get to the gym a little before 4. Since the gym closes at 5, my workout got cut short.

Back:
Wide grip lat pulldowns: 50/60/70/80/90
cable rows: 80

Bis:
Cable curls: 25/30/40/50/60

Leg presses: 110/140/180/230/270 (! 3 x 45 plates on each side woo hoo!)

I did something to my hand on my cable curls, the palm near the knuckles swelled up considerably. Didn't hurt, but couldn't even come close to making a fist, so didn't get my 2nd set of curls in... had planned hammer curls.

Got yelled at to clear out, so didn't have time to get my squats in... may do them tonight, although the leg presses worked me good.

I don't think the new breakup of my workout is going to be givin me enough of a leg workout. I think that I may add some calf raises too.... We'll see how I feel next time I do it and can get my squats in too.
  #50   ^
Old Tue, Jan-14-03, 08:45

BF:

Yesterday,

Kickass cardio 20MAS hit my level 14! I think the Xenadrine was a big boost for me. Hope it continues! Also finally remembered to do some ab work at home

crunches 3 sets x 15 reps
reverse crunches 3 x 15
oblique crunches 3 x 15
ab vaccuums between sets
(ala shawn phillips)

Chest shoulders tris today. Already looking forward to Thursdays
re-vamped back bis and legs!
  #51   ^
Old Wed, Jan-15-03, 09:41

BF:

No workout last night.
Got to the gym and got so aggrevated that I left. People are so rude. They parking lot is totally full (beginning of the year workout craze), so rather than people waiting for someone to come out, they park on a snowbank and block whole lanes of traffic! ARGH! So, not only was there no place to park, but I knew that even if I got a spot and made it in there I wouldn't be able to get near any of the machines/weights that I needed to use.

Just couldn't take it... so I went home, did some dishes, read a little and made Eric help me make up for the lack of Workout... LOL
All in all, I had a much more productive evening than I would have if I went to the gym!
  #52   ^
Old Wed, May-08-13, 05:29

BF:

Gym day 2 was good - elliptical was harder than it was on Monday, but I'm pretty sure that's to be expected until I get into the swing of things.

Was going to do legs, but they were a little fried from the elliptical and treadmill, so did more arms again - since they weren't bothering me from Monday. Decided to bump up the weights and down the reps in the interest of a) saving time and b) building muscle. I actually want to add mass at this point. did Chest presses and lat pulldowns (behind my neck) and on the same machine did bicep/tricep pull downs. - should feel those later! Also pulled out a big ball and did some crunches - a whole 10! ugh - I'm so friggin out of shape. Whatever, I'm working on it again, and that's all that matters. Right?
  #53   ^
Old Fri, May-10-13, 06:03

BF:

Day 3 in the books! - just cardio today, no weights - was running behind - I was on time, but wasted time finding the stupid remotes and turning the tvs on and crap.

cardio was tough so I don't really care.
  #54   ^
Old Mon, May-13-13, 06:18

BF:

10 mins on elliptical, .75 mi + cooldown
20 mins on treadmill, 1.04 mi + cooldown
chest press machine
lat pulldowns
(same machine) closed grip front pulldowns
rope thing tricep extension thingees

Feel good, especially since TOM is still heavy - hopefully got all of the cramping out of the way yesterday
  #55   ^
Old Mon, May-20-13, 08:04

BF:

Haven't really been writing in this, in favor of just tracking what I do in the cardio/resistance logs. Seems a duplicate of effort?
Wish I could export those logs to here, or my journal, the way we can with the My P.L.A.N. data....
  #56   ^
Old Wed, May-22-13, 05:25

BF:

Note to self- in my cardio log, I'm splitting the walking into 10 mins at 3mph and 10 at 3.5 - I average 3.2ish, so I'm trying to split the difference.
  #57   ^
Old Fri, May-24-13, 10:30

BF:

Took it easy at the gym today... still really tired from Wed/Thurs, and my right hamstring/glute was REALLY tight - didn't want to push it and injure myself... plus Debbie's going to kick my ass at Zumba tomorrow anyway.